Author Topic: Adam Goodes Booing  (Read 60712 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Adam Goodes Booing
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2016, 11:08:03 PM »
Why? Because I didn't use one?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2016, 10:00:45 AM »
Why did the baby cry in Africa?

Mid life crisis.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2016, 10:22:39 AM »

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2016, 10:28:41 AM »
Have to laugh at the flogs comparing the AFL's quick reaction to the Betts incident to it's supposed inaction regarding the Goodes affair.....what were the AFL supposed to do ...try and enforce a booing ban on entire football crowds? Eject && ban thousands of people at once on the assumption that the most common & generic noise that crowds throughout history and all over the world over make was "racist"?

Somewhat harder than sanctioning one individual chucking a piece of fruit....

They did attempt it, did they not the fascist dogs?

I thought we are not allowed boo aboriginal / black players now?

Might have to look into Yugoslavia banter too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2018, 04:22:16 PM »
Was Max Gawn abused because he is a bogan?

Is this any better than booing for racist reasons?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-30/no-action-on-remorseful-bombers-supporter-

AN ESSENDON member - who caused a social media storm after abusing Max Gawn from over the fence - has issued a formal apology.   

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2019, 03:39:21 PM »
Well stuff me sideways, now some stuffing idiot is telling me that what I seen with my own eyes didn't happen

https://10daily.com.au/views/a190712jsbuv/three-pieces-of-fake-news-the-adam-goodes-booers-believed-20190717

Here’s a stat to put that into perspective. In 2015 when the booing peaked, Goodes finished equal 195th among all AFL players on the list of free kicks earned.

Over the course of the season, he earned just 14 free kicks. The leaders were awarded 64.

So if he was staging for free kicks, then it was the first thing in his glittering, dual Brownlow Medal, dual Premiership-winning career that Adam Goodes did really badly!

And at least 194 other players should have been booed much more than him.

My take on it is yes that he was that bad on it, he dramatically over emphasised the staging so it was obvious to everyone watching the games.

Maybe we could just give Adam a Planetary Person of the Century award and be done with it.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2019, 01:27:03 AM »
Just watched TFQ, very sad after it all.

I remember when it started and I remember thinking and feeling it was justified and only because he was a jerk.

After years of reflection, some perspective/maturation personally, and watching a doco like that I really can't pretend it was anything but racist. At the end of the day Waleed summed it up well, which is that we are only tolerant of minorities when they stay in their box, and we boo our disapproval when people like Adam speak up against the racism and vilification that most of us like to think we are not party to.

At the end of the day, white settlers did monstrously inhumane things to indigenous Australians and we have a long way to go to close the gap...

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2019, 08:28:19 AM »
Haven't and will not watch, pretty obvious it's going to be skewed to trigger sympathy and make whites feel bad.
By the way history is history how long do you pee and moan and hold a grudge, what happened 200 years ago is absolutly nothing to do with me, hows it my job to make up for what white pricks did 200 years ago (Because they are white) what a load of poo.
There is a hell of a lot more white black pink red arseholes on this planet now, is it up to all people of the corrosponding colour to wear what horrible people do in this world FMD  :banghead
When do you stop peeing and moaning and get on with the one life you have, It's tough for us all move on and stop using whatever means to try and garner sympathy.

Offline amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
Just watched TFQ, very sad after it all.

I remember when it started and I remember thinking and feeling it was justified and only because he was a jerk.

After years of reflection, some perspective/maturation personally, and watching a doco like that I really can't pretend it was anything but racist. At the end of the day Waleed summed it up well, which is that we are only tolerant of minorities when they stay in their box, and we boo our disapproval when people like Adam speak up against the racism and vilification that most of us like to think we are not party to.

At the end of the day, white settlers did monstrously inhumane things to indigenous Australians and we have a long way to go to close the gap...

Reflection, perspective and maturity is just spot on.  I remember around the time the the booing started to ramp up my grandson was in his first year at school and one day he came home telling his mother one of the other kids in his class has told him that if he got any darker, the other kid wouldn't be able to play with him anymore.  Absolutely heart-wrenching stuff   :'( :'( :'(

Hopefully this doco will help many people to recognise the on-going casual racism that does exist in Australia and more importantly the impact it can have on the lives of everyone involved. 

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »
At the end of the day I don't like being called a chink because I'm half Chinese. Doesn't matter if it's an adult or a kid doing it, I would call it out.

My fiance's two brothers got her son to call me a chink once, all in the guise of a joke, but it still hurt and this tolerance of such behaviour needs to be stamped out.

A 13 year old girl calling Goodes an ape is just as bad. Nothing wrong with calling it out.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »
Haven't and will not watch, pretty obvious it's going to be skewed to trigger sympathy and make whites feel bad.
By the way history is history how long do you pee and moan and hold a grudge, what happened 200 years ago is absolutly nothing to do with me, hows it my job to make up for what white pricks did 200 years ago (Because they are white) what a load of poo.
There is a hell of a lot more white black pink red arseholes on this planet now, is it up to all people of the corrosponding colour to wear what horrible people do in this world FMD  :banghead
When do you stop peeing and moaning and get on with the one life you have, It's tough for us all move on and stop using whatever means to try and garner sympathy.

100%. I actually had sympathy toward him at the time but now I don't. I had 2 mates who were in that group booing him along with many other players who are anything but racist. Small sample but the majority would be the same

Wouldn't waste my time watching that.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »
Didnt he call out that young collingwood supporter from moe or something who was like 12 years old or something... and called her the face of racism. That for me was the end of any respect I had for him. People are trying to rewrite history to make him look good.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »
The dude grew up with white friends in Horsham

He had zero experience of what traditional indigenous people have put up with

Yet he becomes the face for their struggles , please , leave me alone

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »
The whiter they are the more militant they get, it's known as "The Michael Mansell Effect." :shh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:40:00 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.