Author Topic: Newman and Batch  (Read 5193 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Newman and Batch
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 07:30:08 AM »
Batch; 8 possessions....Really. Half of you would say he did his job, crap, just like Morris this one, goes missing and does very little. Across the back line in his position he should be repelling their attack, he doesn't do that.

Dea must come in for this bloke!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:45:51 AM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2015, 07:46:36 AM »
Me no understand.......whhhhhhhyyy is he in the team.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
In the game against freo, Newman was a definite liability

Well Newman went better than Batch, i like him in the forward pocket.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »
me too, for the vfl team
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 08:52:16 AM »
Batch; 8 possessions....Really. Half of you would say he did his job, crap, just like Morris this one, goes missing and does very little. Across the back line in his position he should be repelling their attack, he doesn't do that.

But did do his job WAT. I get you don't like him so no matter what he does you are likely to find fault

but seriously

What are his direct opponents numbers? He beat MAyne and that was his job.

His job was to lock down his opponent not play the sweeping running HB, the Vlastuin role. He did that.

Yep he made a couple of terrible blunders but he beat his opponent and that is his number priority

He was the least of our problems yesterday
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2015, 09:00:16 AM »

But did do his job WAT. I get you don't like him so no matter what he does you are likely to find fault

but seriously

His job was to lock down his opponent not play the sweeping running HB, the Vlastuin role. He did that.

Yep he made a couple of terrible blunders but he beat his opponent and that is his number priority

Yeah did his job just like Morris and now Morris is where he belongs and Batch should be the same. I like every player in the team but when they add little value what is the point, I said he went well two games ago but other than that he has nothing and his disposal is worse that your mate Grigg.

Mayne picked up 13 possessions and kicked a very important goal, so who really won that battle??

His blunders cost us dearly, they have in the past and they will in the future. Blunders in the backline we can't afford.

"Rucks:

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 10:13:25 AM »

but seriously

WP you do exactly the same as you are saying WA does. We all do.  Newman did well yesterday yet you want to pull him up for holding on to the ball to long. Newman was the least of our problems yesterday. He kicked 2 goals in a low scoring game. That's more than any other of our forwards yesterday.
So before pulling other blokes up for it make sure you don't do the same..

And lastly, how did you rate our leaders yesterday? Usually if we lose you automatically say they were poor.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »

And lastly, how did you rate our leaders yesterday? Usually if we lose you automatically say they were poor.

Thought I had given a fair indication of my thoughts on the captains missed goal and Maric's game

But here you go, what I thought of our leaders yesterday.

Our leadership group is Cotchin, Deledio, Maric, Chaplin, Morris,

Cotchin - let himself down missing both shots at goal. The one in the last was woeful. So yeah he was poor

Deledio - yet again went missing against the Dockers for long periods. Thought it was his worst game in a long while

Maric - his best game in while. That tackle on Fyfe was leadership. Kicked a couple of clutch goals - was our best "leader" yesterday. Set the example

Chaplin - his best game of 2015. Was really good, was the the best of the back 6 yesterday

Morris - didn't play. Not that I understand how he got in the leadership group in the first place but that's another discussion altogether

Others: Jack let himself and his team down missing a couple of sitters. His main job is to kick goals, he missed ones he just has to kick

Vlastuin - leader in waiting this young man. I'd have him in the leadership group ASAP as he he is a future captain, not a doubt in my mind. Just a natural born leader, especially by example

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 05:15:10 PM »
just pee the leadership group off and have a captain and vc. new age gay crap.

everyone should be encouraged to show leadership regardless of if they have a label or not.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
WP as I mentioned in another thread ..you need a sledge hammer to knock this kid(Floss) down..amongst the guys I sit with we refer to him simply as "see ball get ball".
if this type of play is not leadership I don't know what is

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 05:16:43 PM »
Vlastuin is special

Miles was top draw
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 09:29:07 PM »

Thought I had given a fair indication of my thoughts on the captains missed goal and Maric's game

But here you go, what I thought of our leaders yesterday.

Our leadership group is Cotchin, Deledio, Maric, Chaplin, Morris,

Cotchin - let himself down missing both shots at goal. The one in the last was woeful. So yeah he was poor

Deledio - yet again went missing against the Dockers for long periods. Thought it was his worst game in a long while

Maric - his best game in while. That tackle on Fyfe was leadership. Kicked a couple of clutch goals - was our best "leader" yesterday. Set the example

Chaplin - his best game of 2015. Was really good, was the the best of the back 6 yesterday

Morris - didn't play. Not that I understand how he got in the leadership group in the first place but that's another discussion altogether

Others: Jack let himself and his team down missing a couple of sitters. His main job is to kick goals, he missed ones he just has to kick

Vlastuin - leader in waiting this young man. I'd have him in the leadership group ASAP as he he is a future captain, not a doubt in my mind. Just a natural born leader, especially by example
So if Cotch plays well (named our best) and leads the side well for the entire game but misses 2 goals his leadership for the entire game is questioned?
Newsflash! Players miss goals every week, even captains! Even the greats!
It's unreasonable to think Cotch is going to kick every goal he has a go at in close games.

Does anyone else think Trent's leadership was poor yesterday?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »
Chimp is a god
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »

So if Cotch plays well (named our best) and leads the side well for the entire game but misses 2 goals his leadership for the entire game is questioned?

Hmmmm double standards perhaps?

Ellis was named in our best as well and you like me reckon he wasn't in our best, nowhere near it

But in the case of Ellis the named best are wrong

but in the case of Cotchin they are always Right; can never be wrong?

Not sure you can have it both ways

Just because he is our best player doesn't mean Cotchin cannot be criticised like any other player

Granted being captain there is a greater focus but that's because being captain he has greater responsibility. and that's why yesterday's misses are so hard to take.

People are bashing Houli for his stupid brain fade (rightly), Martin for his misses, why not Cotchin, he can't be immune to the same criticism

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 10:15:26 PM »

How are two goals in the 2nd quarter when everythings going our way an example of leadership? That tackle was sensational and I'm not arguing whether he had his best game for a long while but apart from his spurt in the 2nd quarter which included that tackle and the two goals (one from a pretty dubious free kick, although it was there) he didn't provide much else.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 10:18:56 PM »
Chimp  = god ?