Author Topic: Damien Hardwick on Footy Classifield tonight  (Read 5501 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick on Footy Classifield tonight
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:52:40 PM »
Lyon just said Dimma is live on the show tonight. Starts 9pm on Ch 9.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Damien Hardwick on Footy Classifield tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 08:59:55 PM »
 :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 09:38:51 PM »
Anyone got a transcript, I totally missed it  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »
Watched it

Did well

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 10:07:16 PM »
Anyone got a transcript, I totally missed it  ::)
Usually there's a replay on digital channel 90 (GEM) around or just after midnight.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 10:07:40 PM »
Summary

* Criticism last year and earlier this year was justified. We weren't playing as well as we could/should. We are in a performance-based industry and you'd expect criticism when you're under-performing.

* Not thinking of his long-term future. Only focused on upcoming important game this Friday night. In awe watching tapes of the Hawks last night.

* Couple of parts of the game we weren't playing to the level that was required and there were a couple of personal issues earlier on in the year. Melbourne loss was as disappointing one as we've ever had. We didn't come to play and as coach he has to wear that.

* Certain fundamentals every player has and if they do that you stay in the game. Competition incredibly even - 1st through to 13th. If you're slightly off you'll get beaten.

* A certain element of truth in Jack's comments last year although he can get very emotional as we've seen. North loss was us going away from the way we needed to play. We coughed up goals playing too fast and we don't play like that. Against North you need to slow it down a bit.

* Houli's kick - we knew it was going to be a tight game. We had 14-15 players set up to Bachar's right. He made the wrong decision. He knows that. But we lost because we missed 18 shots on goal including 6 posters.

* Frustrating loss on the weekend. Haven't had a loss like that personally since his playing career (Essendon's 1999 PF loss to Carlton). Liked that the boys showed that they cared about and hating losing.

* We can be a great team. Whether that's this, next or the year after is yet to be seen. At the moment, we're playing a good brand of football to be competitive against the top sides. We're well placed.

* Asked that Richmond need to win a final to achieve a pass this season? Dimma replied that we need to make the finals first. Worry about winning one when we get there. Still solidifying our spot with 12 sides still in contention.

* We have traits on and off field we expect and we let every player who comes to Richmond know what they are and what we expect from them.

* Dimma said it's a failure of a year if you don't win the flag. Expectation in the short term is to make the finals. Once you're there you've got a 1 in 8 chance and you re-evaluate your expectations.

* Last year's EF loss was embarassing. Game was over in 15 mins. Fan in front of him wanted to go home and Dimma said he wished he could've joined him. We were poor and Port were great. We did have 8 elimination finals leading into that though.

* Dimma said he puts his faith in the Club and those around him to be successful - Brendon Gale, Dan Richardson, Blair Hartley and Francis Jackson.

* Goodes - sad set of circumstances. He's played against Goodes and coached against him and even at 36 he worries about his ability with the footy. Some moronic people out there. If any Tiger fan is booing Goodes then in his mind you're also booing Shane Edwards, Nathan Drummond and any indigenous footballer.

* Walsh's death - spoke to Blair Hartley, Brendon Lade and Troy Chaplin who were all affected. We have a lot of Port Adelaide flavour at Richmond.

* Lyon asked if Richmond can win the flag? Dimma replied, "Let's put it this way. We're certainly not going to put a ceiling on our season."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:22:58 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »

* Goodes - sad set of circumstances. He's played against Goodes and coached against him and even at 36 he worries about his ability with the footy. Some moronic people out there. If any Tiger fan is booing Goodes then in his mind you're also booing Shane Edwards, Dan Butler and any indigenous footballer.

Ignoring the disappointment in our own coach buying into the racism crap, I had no idea Butler was indigenous? Did he mean Drummond or is Butler one as well?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:19:44 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 10:20:29 PM »

* Goodes - sad set of circumstances. He's played against Goodes and coached against him and even at 36 he worries about his ability with the footy. Some moronic people out there. If any Tiger fan is booing Goodes then in his mind you're also booing Shane Edwards, Dan Butler and any indigenous footballer.

Ignoring the disappointment in our own coach buying into the racism crap, I had no idea Butler was indigenous? Did he mean Drummond or is Butler one as well?

Dimma actual said Drummond, don't remember him saying Butler
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 10:22:26 PM »

Blame me. He must have said Drummond. I was rushing listening, typing and talking to a family member at the same time. Not a great multi-tasker obviously lol.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 10:34:21 PM »
Get it right next time please

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
Get it right next time please
I feel like I'm in a Goodies skit  ;D.

"Get it right!" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXtCpYimN8

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
Wonder if the Rolf Harris episode will ever be broadcast again?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:37:15 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »
The booing is nothing to do with being an indigenous player. Hope the afl realise that soon

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 11:52:22 PM »
It may not be all about race, but it's certainly part of it. Regardless,  the continued booing of one player is ugly and unjustified. It's like mob bullying. He may have slipped up along the way, but ultimately he has done way more good than bad for our game, on and off the field. Sadly, some people choose to focus on the negatives and bring him down. Some of the ferals booing him wouldn't be fit to shine his shoes.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 12:09:47 AM »

* Goodes - sad set of circumstances. He's played against Goodes and coached against him and even at 36 he worries about his ability with the footy. Some moronic people out there. If any Tiger fan is booing Goodes then in his mind you're also booing Shane Edwards, Nathan Drummond and any indigenous footballer.

He was going well until this.  :facepalm
Caracella and Balmey.