Author Topic: Tiger forwards vs Collingwood cheer squad / Dusty fined $2000  (Read 9056 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger forwards vs Collingwood cheer squad
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
Tasmanian's are a race

sort of
I always thought Collingwood was a Tazzie enclave or refugee camp

:lol :lol :lol :thumbsup :thumbsup :snidegrin :snidegrin :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger forwards vs Collingwood cheer squad / Dusty facing a fine
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 02:03:20 AM »
Don't be surprised when the MRP spin their roulette wheel on Monday and throw a fine at Dusty. Bookmark it!
Bump!

Dustin Martin, Richmond, has been referred to the AFL Football Operations Department for determination under the Player Rules after making a gesture to the crowd during Saturday’s match against Collingwood at the MCG..

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-24/mrp-full-statement-round-21

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin Martin facing a fine after gesture to Collingwood supporters
AFL.com.au
August 25, 2015

DUSTIN Martin is facing a possible fine, with the AFL's football operations department investigating a gesture he made to Collingwood supporters during Richmond's win at the MCG on Saturday.

After running into an open goal in the last quarter of Saturday's game, Martin raised two fingers to the Collingwood cheer squad.

The midfielder and teammate Jack Riewoldt had earlier come in for some attention from the Pies cheer squad, with some members seen to give them one-fingered 'salutes'.

The AFL announced on Monday afternoon that the Match Review Panel had referred the Martin incident to the League's football operations department for determination under the competition's player rules.

Given Martin was found guilty of making an offensive gesture in Richmond's 2013 elimination final loss to Carlton, when he made a handcuffs signal, he now faces a $2500 fine for a second offence, which could be reduced to $1500 with a early plea.

However, Martin will have to pay $2000 on top of that fine, with that amount part of a suspended two-year fine imposed by the AFL for his 2013 handcuffs gesture.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-24/dustin-martin-facing-a-fine-after-gesture-to-collingwood-supporters

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin shouldn’t be punished for his gesture to fans, says Mark Robinson

Herald-Sun
August 25, 2015

IF we’re talking about cultural symbolism, then Dustin Martin should escape penalty for his two-finger salute to his friends in the Collingwood cheer squad on Saturday.

Up yours, he basically said, as he waved two fingers towards the black and white lunatics.

And for that, he’s into the principal’s office, which is the AFL football department.

Perhaps instead Martin should’ve borrowed Adam Goodes’ imaginary spear, because we now know that’s not an issue for the AFL.

Goodes’ dance and throw down was a cultural thing, despite it being only a couple of years old.

The old two-fingered salute was also a cultural thing, a national treasure until the single-digit salute came along.

The raising of the middle finger ruined it for everyone because it went from up yours to eff you and soon enough players were in trouble.

Matthew Richardson was fined for $5000 for raising the finger to the crowd, as did Nathan Brown at Richmond, but Richard Colless, then the Swans president, got away with it when he raised his middle finger to the TV camera in a message to Collingwood president Eddie McGuire.

This is a minor issue, but the Goodes incident makes it a curious situation for the AFL.

I fully supported Goodes war dance, thought it was terrific and was delighted the AFL looked at it likewise. But others didn’t and in the end it divided a nation.

The Martin stuff surely is banter.

Some Collingwood cheer squad members said Martin started the so-called fight by raising the two fingers and they responded in kind and en masse.

Sorry, but don’t believe you.

That Martin’s gesture has been referred to the AFL football operations department means a fine is forthcoming.

If that’s the case, Martin has every right to feel unfairly punished.

Imaginary spear versus two fingers?

Confrontational and misunderstood versus banter and laughs.

The list of dos and don’ts on the AFL behavioural list makes for interesting reading.

You can high-five the crowd, even touch the crowd, even charge at the crowd (thanks Michael O’Loughlin), but not show them the finger or two fingers.

You can hug the crowd (thanks James Hird), but don’t cross your wrists, which is symbolism for a friend in jail (thanks Dustin Martin, Andrew Krakouer, Brendon Goddard and Michael Gardiner).

You can do the double cobra (thanks Levi Casboult), but you can’t do the “shotgun” (thanks Mark Williams).

You can call Essendon players dopey, as a player at Greater Western Sydney did, but can’t call them dopers and heaven forbid if you pretend to inject something (thanks Sam Mitchell).

There are rules and regulations for everything.

We all know Martin shouldn’t have bit.

But what of the Collingwood fans?

At the weekend, they were face of Collingwood and the footage went around the nation.

If Eddie thinks that’s cool, then that’s OK.

But all in all, it wasn’t a good day on and off the field for the Collingwood army.

http://www.news.com.au/national/dustin-martin-shouldnt-be-punished-for-his-gesture-to-fans-says-mark-robinson/story-e6frfkp9-1227497130108

dwaino

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 06:59:58 AM »
Should have just thrown a spear at them.

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »
COLLINGWOOD cheer squad have reported that they were confussed to as why dusty gave them the 2 finger salute considering they cant count past one think dusty was helping them 1 plus 1 is 2  :lol :lol :lol :lol
GO U TIGERS

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »
If only he were aboriginal and not Maori
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »
blobbo must have stole the copy boys homework i think, one of his better articles.

The reference to the spear chucking is pretty obvious and it will be interesting to see if it gains enough publicity that the AFL actually try to clarify how trying to intimidate the crowd by throwing an imaginary spear is ok and giving a two fingered salute is not.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 11:48:20 AM »
it seems to be a question being indigenous according to the bizarre crap the authorities speak

b000 collingwood ferals
b000 goodes
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2015, 11:56:22 AM »
I'm still waiting for Eddie to come out and somehow justify his feral cheer squads behaviour

Actually where's Joffa  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 12:15:57 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger Alex Rance believes Collingwood fans almost crossed line with verbal abuse

Ronny Lerner
The Age
August 25, 2015

Richmond defender Alex Rance believes Collingwood fans came close to crossing the line in their heated exchanges with Tigers players on the weekend.

Sections of the Collingwood cheer squad were seen hurling abuse at the likes of Dustin Martin and Jack Riewoldt during the Magpies' humiliating 91-point loss at the MCG.

Martin and Riewoldt gave as good as they got and the former is likely to be fined after being referred to the league's football operations department for dishing out a pair of unsavoury hand gestures to some Collingwood fans.

Rance said he loved the passion shown by footy fans but insisted there was a limit to what was acceptable behaviour.

"I think they definitely approached the line," Rance said of the Magpies faithful.

"It's an emotional, physical game and if they feel like they're helping their side then I think they're well within their rights.

"The supporters are definitely colourful and they make the game what they are.

"I love the passion all supporters show but there is definitely a line there that supporters and players don't necessarily need to cross.

"I know Richmond have got some beautiful passionate supporters too so I'm sure other people will be asked the same about us."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-alex-rance-believes-collingwood-fans-almost-crossed-line-with-verbal-abuse-20150825-gj6y7f.html

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 02:39:31 PM »
if it were some parts of europe or south america those collingwood fans would be flattened

dwaino

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
If the Collingwood cheer squad were doing to Goodes what they were doing to Jack and Dusty they would have been removed.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 05:59:52 PM »
If the Collingwood cheer squad were doing to Goodes what they were doing to Jack and Dusty they would have been removed.

Ain't it the truth

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
good point
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI