Author Topic: Tigers should have Steve Johnson in their sights ... (Age)  (Read 54155 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers should have Steve Johnson in their sights ... (Age)
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2015, 10:31:51 AM »
This is classic OER.
We are getting him - half the posters are in raptures and half are saying the club is crazy bringing in a guy that is so short term that he will take the place of a youngster and possibly force them out.
We are not getting him - half the posters are saying the club lacks the courage to get named players and will always be mediocre while the other half say it was a very sensible decision and a bullet dodged. ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2015, 10:34:36 AM »
This is classic OER.
We are getting him - half the posters are in raptures and half are saying the club is crazy bringing in a guy that is so short term that he will take the place of a youngster and possibly force them out.
We are not getting him - half the posters are saying the club lacks the courage to get named players and will always be mediocre while the other half say it was a very sensible decision and a bullet dodged. ;D

Docs diagnosis - split personality disorder
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »
This is classic OER.

Massive generalisation there.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
Pay Lennon the extra money left over from NOT picking up this guy!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »
lol
all $2.50
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »
lol
all $2.50

If it keeps Lennon, yes. :snidegrin

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2015, 10:20:18 PM »
Go get him tiges. Kruezer, Johnson as free agents. Trade for Carlisle and Bennell.

Drop the blokes who who wont take us to a finals win and play these four with as many of the kids as possible.

FB: Vlastuin - Carlisle - Grimes
HB: McIntosh - Rance - Menadue

Foll: Kruezer - Martin - Miles
Mids: Deledio - Cotchin - C Ellis

HF:Lennon - Riewoldt - Bennell.
FF: Johnson - McKenzie - Vickery/McBean/Maric one of.

Int from: B Ellis - Houli - Big inside mid around 190/90 - Edwards, Grigg, Lambert, Butler,Elton.

Delist - Dea, Foley, Knights, Newman, Petterd, McDonough, Gordon, Arnot.

Trade bait - Conca, Griffiths, Batchelor, Astbury.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2015, 10:44:03 PM »
Hardwick still coach in this scenario santa?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2015, 11:36:14 PM »
Hardwick still coach in this scenario santa?
Probably would have to be sacked. Its just a wish list of sorts. I could name probably 20 players who are not contracted, delisted, or contracted players who are  just not getting a go atm.

Unlike most tiger posters i think a KPD Carlisle or Henderson , KPF there are none available in trade so take one in the  ND, , ruckman Kruezer Martin, Redden,  and decent mids Johnson,Bennell  with a focus on at least one big inside mid around the 190/90 mark in the nd  important to target..
I mentioned the four i did because i think there is some sort of chance to get them and because  of the following.
Bennell and Johnson not just mids but would also help with our forward woes as well as go thru the middle. Johnson as a delisted f/a costs nothing and you would only take Bennell if you were confident in turning him around. What a bonus this kid could be to who ever gets him.

Kruezer also as a f/a  is a great player, he  just needs to stay healthy and it looked to me he was finally getting back to his best this year.God  we need a decent ruckman. 
Would really like for us to target Jarred Redden as well.He has both Lobbe and Ryder in front of him at P/A and is being starved of opportunity.

I'm really over Chaplin and Batchelor. A Carlisle Rance combination is mouth watering and you could build a very good defense around the two of em.
I would be asking about Plowman at Gws and Litherland at Hawthorn to replace Batchelor..Batchelor cracks in and this seems to be enough for most of our supporters, but hes ordinary imo and i still think hes caught inbetween roles. Not tall or big enough to play on key forwards and just too slow to play on smaller forwards and most of the time we get very little run and carry from him.. Playing him as a tall really bit us hard in the elimination final.

There are some very good options out there to improve our list but most seem content with what we have especially down back.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2015, 08:49:08 AM »
  Kruezer also as a f/a  is a great player, he  just needs to stay healthy and it looked to me he was finally getting back to his best this year.God  we need a decent ruckman. 

"Stay healthy"

That's the issue

He's failed medicals undertaken by 2 clubs. Both lot of results suggest his foot is the issue and although OK now. long term there are major concerns. Hence why the Pies withdrew their huge offer

And before anyone says he's worth the risk, I'd suggest the Chris Knights scenario of supposedly being injury prone jump should be enough to sway people to the side of "Nope"

He will remain at the Blues

HUge no from me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2015, 09:09:56 AM »
Yes agree. I really wanted him early but not now, not after failing two medicals, its not a matter of if he breaks down, its when and to what degree.

"Rucks:

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »
Cannot understand why we are not looking at Zac Smith.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »

"Stay healthy"

That's the issue

He's failed medicals undertaken by 2 clubs. Both lot of results suggest his foot is the issue and although OK now. long term there are major concerns. Hence why the Pies withdrew their huge offer

And before anyone says he's worth the risk, I'd suggest the Chris Knights scenario of supposedly being injury prone jump should be enough to sway people to the side of "Nope"

He will remain at the Blues

HUge no from me
He has only really had two serious injuries. Did his knee half way through 2010 thus missed half of 2011. He is clearly over that injury.
Had a foot injury near the end of 2013 which effectively cost him 2014 and the early part of this year. It sure looked to me he had overcome his foot injury this year. In fact he played the last 13 games and got better with each outing.
Out side of those two injuries he has played the vast majority of games available to him.
I think hes been a bit unlucky in the fact hes had two serious injuries which have cost him a lot of time. Im not sure i would call him injury prone in the sense that he is copping 5 injuries a year.
I hope we at least look at him and do our own tests. A big yes for me if he passes those tests.

I have heard about his so called medicals, im not sure if they are  rumour or fact. There have been so many conflicting stories.  The only thing that i can go by is he was on the park for the last 13 games  and starting to play good footy again with no sign of the injuries that kept him out of the game.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2015, 10:24:58 AM »
Clawski take grigg out of your side
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2015, 11:32:45 AM »

I have heard about his so called medicals, im not sure if they are  rumour or fact. There have been so many conflicting stories.  The only thing that i can go by is he was on the park for the last 13 games  and starting to play good footy again with no sign of the injuries that kept him out of the game.

The "so called" medicals are actual medicals, they are fact and he failed both. 

His knee is non issue

The foot on the other hand is massive issue

WAT summed it up perfectly

Yes agree. I really wanted him early but not now, not after failing two medicals, its not a matter of if he breaks down, its when and to what degree.

Short term they say it's OK for now but if it flares again they are saying = goneskis

Not worth that risk
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)