Author Topic: Tigers should have Steve Johnson in their sights ... (Age)  (Read 54176 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers should have Steve Johnson in their sights ... (Age)
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »
Some people just can't understand fiction from non-fiction

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »

The "so called" medicals are actual medicals, they are fact and he failed both. 

His knee is non issue

The foot on the other hand is massive issue

Where'd you hear this? Do I dare ask for the source? I have only seen some articles claiming he hadn't satisfied the medicals but none that said it definitely, especially none with that much detail re: knee/foot

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »
To get clarity I would prefer if links were posted before anymore unsubstantiated claims and balderdust was put forward

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2015, 03:22:59 PM »
yeah, this fact claim is getting to jockstrap proportions.
id like to know the source of this too
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
Where'd you hear this? Do I dare ask for the source? I have only seen some articles claiming he hadn't satisfied the medicals but none that said it definitely, especially none with that much detail re: knee/foot

Rather detailed discussions about it on both SEN & 3AW on Saturday

SEN during the "Crunch Time" program in the morning. - which was made up of Huddo, Robbo, Dermie & David King

and on 3AW Saturday arvo with Tim Lane, Caro, Leigh Matthews, Mick Warner and Matty Lloyd

Both panels were saying exactly the same thing. Was a very interesting discussion
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2015, 09:32:51 PM »

SEN during the "Crunch Time" program in the morning. - which was made up of Huddo, Robbo, Dermie & David King

and on 3AW Saturday arvo with Tim Lane, Caro, Leigh Matthews, Mick Warner and Matty Lloyd

Both panels were saying exactly the same thing. Was a very interesting discussion
Journos making it up speculating. or journos with genuine knowledge. Kruezers manager did say  he has not done a medical as such.
Look the journos may be right,  but lets as a footy club target the best ruckman available. That ruckman is Kruezer. Lets have OUR medical staff do due diligence. Until that time lets all assume he is a target.  If there is a problem after the way Kruezer finished the season then i will shocked.

A little of topic but on topic. Kruezer had a degenerative hip problem as a junior it was supposed to cut his career short.To date its been  a knee and  a foot and there has been no sign of his hip slowing him down. .
You know if we were to take the so called risk on Kruezer what is there to lose. He is a rfa. If the foot  is a  worry have a clause in contract where we will look after him but he wont be on top dollar.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2015, 09:50:46 PM »
Would definitely take Stevie J.

We need  finals experience and a bit of arrogance.

I don't need to list his credentials and the bloke has still got it. He just needs a freshen up.

Also, agree with a lot of what Claw said. Particularly about a big bodied mid. Miles has to do too much inside.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2015, 10:29:45 PM »

Journos making it up speculating. or journos with genuine knowledge. Kruezers manager did say  he has not done a medical as such.
Look the journos may be right,  but lets as a footy club target the best ruckman available. That ruckman is Kruezer. Lets have OUR medical staff do due diligence. Until that time lets all assume he is a target.  If there is a problem after the way Kruezer finished the season then i will shocked.

A little of topic but on topic. Kruezer had a degenerative hip problem as a junior it was supposed to cut his career short.To date its been  a knee and  a foot and there has been no sign of his hip slowing him down. .
You know if we were to take the so called risk on Kruezer what is there to lose. He is a rfa. If the foot  is a  worry have a clause in contract where we will look after him but he wont be on top dollar.

Degenerative hip can often cause knee and lower leg problems depending on which side is favoured.

Degenerative hip is quite a condition.
How much damage is there to that area now?

He sounds prodigiously injured to me.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2015, 01:21:24 AM »

As the Ox said, hip can lead to those lower leg problems. Never heard of this hip thing but that has turned it into a MASSIVE no from me. Need to go hard for another decent ruck
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:55:44 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2015, 06:21:02 PM »

As the Ox said, hip can lead to those lower leg problems. Never heard of this hip thing but that has turned it into a MASSIVE no from me. Need to go hard for another decent ruck

That is  fine we all have our own ideas on what we should and should not do. At this stage none are more right or wrong than any other.
Me i want us to go hard at this bloke as a f/a based on the last 13 games of this yr. It looked to me as if he had very much  overcome his injuries and was getting back close to his best form.
 Of course everything would be based on  us doing our own medical  on the bloke. IF he failed OUR   medical obviously you would not touch him.
I am against not even looking at the  bloke based on innuendo and hearsay.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »
If people are critical of Maric for struggling against the more athletic rucks then Kreuzer isn't much of an improvement. Plays low to the ground. He's a bit more talented and a bit younger. Also a lot more likely to break down. Pretty overrated really.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2015, 09:57:28 AM »
Geez, a touch risky

Is feel safer if we stuck with Gordon grigg Morris Newman types

Tried and true options for those forwar flanks and pockets
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »

Rather detailed discussions about it on both SEN & 3AW on Saturd

Oh so now SEN has interesting discussions, just the other day you were ridiculing them for their reports on trade rumours..... :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »
 :yep :nope
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2015, 02:30:30 PM »
Yeah nah
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018