Author Topic: Dempsey's neck breaker tackle on Deledio / Tribunal gives Dempsey 4 weeks  (Read 7783 times)

dwaino

Re: Dempsey's neck breaker tackle on Deledio / Sent straight to the tribunal
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 07:19:49 PM »
Sounds like Dempsey is likely to be delisted anyway.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 01:24:52 PM »
I am truly staggered that Courtney Dempsey has somehow found a way to twist a dangerous spear tackle into making a stand about racism because some peanut slags him off on social media. More and more AFL footballers are making excuses or trying to deflect from their poor behaviour - be it on field or off field.
Be a fkg man Courtney and face up to what you did without trying to deflect the attention...,
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
I am truly staggered that Courtney Dempsey has somehow found a way to twist a dangerous spear tackle into making a stand about racism because some peanut slags him off on social media. More and more AFL footballers are making excuses or trying to deflect from their poor behaviour - be it on field or off field.
Be a fkg man Courtney and face up to what you did without trying to deflect the attention...,

Spot on.  These were some of his comments:“People need to take responsibility for their actions,” "the pain of a comment like that lasts long after it has been deleted."

People need to take responsibility for their actions - spot on Courtney, so stop trying to deflect attention from the incident where you could have made Deledio a quadriplegic

The pain of a comment like that lasts long after it has been deleted - yeah Courtney, but how long does the pain caused by becoming a quadriplegic last for - longer than a racist comment I suspect

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 03:50:49 PM »
How's is saying "I hope you die", or something to that effect racist?

Surely it's not

Booooooo
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »
Tribunal expert Nathan Schmook predicts a minimum penalty of four weeks.

Live tribunal link from 5:30pm - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-01/tribunal-live-courtenay-dempsey-faces-ban-for-sling-tackle

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »

Surely it's not

Booooooo
"I hope you die" were not the only words used.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 07:44:04 PM »

Seems they like chucking those spears
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »

Surely it's not

Booooooo
"I hope you die" were not the only words used.

I assumed that might if even the case

Redacted
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »
4 weeks

Hellenic Tiger

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dempsey's neck breaker tackle on Deledio / Tribunal gives Dempsey 4 weeks
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »
4 weeks
ESSENDON defender Courtenay Dempsey has been suspended for four matches for his driving tackle on Brett Deledio, despite pleas a large sanction could impact his ability to earn a contract at a new club.

The incident, which resulted in a direct referral to the Tribunal on Monday, was described by long-time Tribunal prosecutor Jeff Gleeson QC as the most dangerous tackle he had seen.

As a result, Dempsey became the first player to be found guilty of a 'severe' offence since Richmond forward Ty Vickery struck West Coast ruckman  Dean Cox in 2014.

"There's no incident of which I'm aware of a player being driven head-first into the ground with such force," Gleeson told the Tribunal in prosecuting his case against the Bomber. 

"They don't have such a pronounced risk of spinal injury as this one."

Read more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-01/fourweek-ban-puts-bomber-dempseys-career-at-crossroads-

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2015, 06:21:18 AM »
From the Hun last night, part of Dempsey's defence....
"Mifsud outlined the pain a “disgusting” racist slur delivered to Dempsey on social media following the tackle would cause, which could be investigated by Victoria Police.

“I can guarantee you his immediate and extended family would be feeling equally aggrieved,” Mifsud said.

“Aboriginal people are six times more likely to suicide over racism than non-Aboriginal people.”

As the racist slur was read out Dempsey stared at the floor with his arms folded."
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2015, 06:48:30 AM »
"Mifsud outlined the pain a “disgusting” racist slur delivered to Dempsey on social media following the tackle would cause, which could be investigated by Victoria Police.

“I can guarantee you his immediate and extended family would be feeling equally aggrieved,” Mifsud said.

“Aboriginal people are six times more likely to suicide over racism than non-Aboriginal people.”

As the racist slur was read out Dempsey stared at the floor with his arms folded."

Is this the Mifsud who works for the AFL? if it is I'm not sure it is appropriate for an AFL employee being part of the defence of any player facing the tribunal
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2015, 07:29:35 AM »

Oh boy

Te defence is he got a rude tweet the following day?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:07:33 AM by Stalin »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 08:14:56 AM »
thats just grubby
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI