Author Topic: Harley Bennell [merged]  (Read 141741 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Harley Bennell
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »
He didn't do anything wrong.

Australia Nazi Party in Queensland locked him up because he's black and was a bit tipsy.

:clapping.......oh yes. The states gone to poo.

not just australia... queensland... literally fascist

i would give my left nut for bennell  :pray
Didn't you already give your right nut for Treloar?
You'd better Pray we don't get them both :shh

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 10:54:32 AM »

Australia Nazi Party in Queensland locked him up because he's black and was a bit tipsy.

That would create a unique, I mean eunuch situation......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 11:00:55 AM »

#WhateverItTakes

:pray
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »

#WhateverItTakes

:pray
#True Tiger Supporter  :bow

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2015, 11:27:34 AM »
get himmmmmmmmmm
The kid is a gun yeah he had a bad year with all the crap but choco has turned martin around he would do the same to bennell why wouldn't we look at him I reckon when he is on he is better then treloar and will come cheap as GC want him out offer them a forward mcbean or astbury as Dixon is gone... don't let him go to a hawthorn and make them stronger... Get him done tigers we took a risk with cousins at a older age take a risk with a star of the future he has another 8 years in him...
GO U TIGERS :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »
can you imagine hawthorn or freo with this guy?

:(
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »

Can you imagine us?

I'm bummed about missing Treloar- Harley would go a long way to resolving that. Arguably the more dynamic player.

It's hard not to get pessimistic about it all, you just feel that one of these elite players would turn us into a top four team. We just can't seem to get it done.

If we landed Yarran and Bennell this off season- has there ever been a greater risk vs reward split?

Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »

Can you imagine us?

I'm bummed about missing Treloar- Harley would go a long way to resolving that. Arguably the more dynamic player.

It's hard not to get pessimistic about it all, you just feel that one of these elite players would turn us into a top four team. We just can't seem to get it done.

If we landed Yarran and Bennell this off season- has there ever been a greater risk vs reward split?

Yarran and Bennell  (or one of them, and danger)

plus kreuzer or dixon and wed dead set win the league

:banghead

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 12:19:47 PM »
I don't get the "1 player will turn us into a top 4 side" or "we'll win a premiership with this guy"

It just doesnt work like that at all. Sydney got Franklin and lost the premiership. And they didnt get there because of him because they got there the year before without him.
Carlton got Judd and they turned out great..
Any other big player moves that have granted a team a premiership lately ?
It's all about the TEAM. Working as a team is how you win premierships. Sure Treloar would be a handy addition to our midfield.. but I dont see the fuss.
We have Cotchin, Martin, Edwards, Deledio, Miles all proven to be great players. We have Cory Ellis to develop who looks promising.. Lambert is looking very promising with his clearances and goal kicking abilities. We have Nick Vlastuin pushing to become part of the midfield in the next few years. Not to mention Mcintosh and B. Ellis developing very nicely too. Why not spend the money for Treloar on our actual NEEDS.. like another Ruckman.. or CHB or Lightening quick outside runner or goal kicking small forward.
I hope we do the same as last year and draft a shed load of players. I would't mind getting yarran for a 2nd rounder.

TBH I'm not even sure where Bennell would fit into our side. I'd rather develop Lennon than take a player who is known to cause trouble.

Just my take on things.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 12:36:22 PM »
I don't get the "1 player will turn us into a top 4 side" or "we'll win a premiership with this guy"

It just doesnt work like that at all. Sydney got Franklin and lost the premiership. And they didnt get there because of him because they got there the year before without him.
It's all about the TEAM. Working as a team is how you win premierships. Sure Treloar would be a handy addition to our midfield.. but I dont see the fuss.
We have Cotchin, Martin, Edwards, Deledio, Miles all proven to be great players. We have Cory Ellis to develop who looks promising.. Lambert is looking very promising with his clearances and goal kicking abilities. We have Nick Vlastuin pushing to become part of the midfield in the next few years. Not to mention Mcintosh and B. Ellis developing very nicely too. Why not spend the money for Treloar on our actual NEEDS.. like another Ruckman.. or CHB or Lightening quick outside runner or goal kicking small forward.
I hope we do the same as last year and draft a shed load of players. I would't mind getting yarran for a 2nd rounder.

TBH I'm not even sure where Bennell would fit into our side. I'd rather develop Lennon than take a player who is known to cause trouble.

Just my take on things.

I think the disquiet arises from the clubs talk of a war chest etc... Its been mentioned a couple of times this year that we have room for a good player- by the club. You can't help but get excited when a good player is linked to us.

On the whole I agree with you though. To win flags you need to develop your core players & then get people for less cash than they are worth- on the idea of winning flags.

I really like Lambert this year, but if you swapped him with Harley (fit, healthy & switched on) we are top four. You win flags from there.

Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 12:58:01 PM »

not as a general rule, but if you understand our situation, two or so A-Graders could be the difference between a few flags or nothing for us

granted a melbourne wouldn't be the same

It just doesnt work like that at all.

very good players pretty much always help

Sydney got Franklin and lost the premiership. And they didnt get there because of him because they got there the year before without him.

if tippett and franklin remain fit - itd take a brave man to argue they dont have at least a decent shot at it over the next 4-5 years. Franklin has helped them get top four

carlton were a goodish side with ratten and judd. just cause they have stuffed it up doesnt mean judd wasnt a major boost. like say, dangerfield would be for us. If they didnt not get rid of Fev anything could of happened

Just my take on things.

I think the disquiet arises from the clubs talk of a war chest etc... Its been mentioned a couple of times this year that we have room for a good player- by the club. You can't help but get excited when a good player is linked to us.

On the whole I agree with you though. To win flags you need to develop your core players & then get people for less cash than they are worth- on the idea of winning flags.

I really like Lambert this year, but if you swapped him with Harley (fit, healthy & switched on) we are top four. You win flags from there.

imo pretty hard to argue with that

if you swap trelor with grigg we are a significant better team

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2015, 03:33:37 PM »
not exactly.

the difference between the top teams and those those below them is not their top graders but their bottom half a dozen or so.

a simple swap as such still leaves you with the same bottom 6
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »
We have a list capable of beating the best teams in the Comp consistently as proven this year. Our problems are between the ears, whether we decide to show up or not.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
not exactly.

the difference between the top teams and those those below them is not their top graders but their bottom half a dozen or so.

Our bottom 6 are crap compared to most other clubs too. That is our problem.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »
not exactly.

Our bottom 6 are crap compared to most other clubs too. That is our problem.

Could you please name our bottom six?
Detka! Detka! Detka!