Author Topic: Harley Bennell [merged]  (Read 143312 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers to weigh up Harley Bennell [update]
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
Don't think there will be any announcement / calls made until after the GF

Nothing until Monday at the earliest IMVHO

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »
IF Bennell chooses Freo,that means other than yarran ,we have probably missed out on all our targets so far.
Are we going hard enough after these guys,or are we just more prudent and carefull than most other teams
yep it leaves yah scratching yah head if we don't pull anyone this trade period why wouldn't they want to our club from where we were at 5 years ago to know we are a power house know supporter base and 2-3 good players will get us to were we need to be.. fingers crossed mate
Do you really need to ask that question.Atm it is only Richmond people who rate Richmond and even among us there are a good percentage who dont rate us..Players aren't stupid they can see where clubs are at.

It will be Yarran and nothing else wait and see.It will be Yarran because no one else wants him lol.

Okay, hold up. I know people love to get stuck into BH and DR, imo a lot of it is totally unwarranted.

Maybe its a rosy coloured "gen y" everyone gets a ribbon view on things, but I'm seeing it more like this.

DR and BH have managed to keep a very talented core bunch of players together for unders during a period of transition in the afl where players have been demanding trades and more cash left right and centre. Regardless of how you see it, we've managed to acquire a "war chest" in order to lure players. The Dusty debacle from '13 was played perfectly by our list management team, and yet we give them no credit for it.

Fact: Trade period hasn't even started and yet we're writing ourselves off already.

Fact: Despite people calling last trade season a fail, we made a call not to trade early picks owing to the strength of the draft. Who went anywhere anyway? Imagine if we got Lamumba instead of C Ellis?!

The only thing that's really upset me so far is AT choosing the wobbles over us. I didn't like BH calling AT personally, it looks desperate, but that's the only significant failing for mine.

We were able to make Richmond appealing to players at the end of 2010 when we were a rabble. Grigg and Houli (much maligned) are still are wins in my book. Guys that have given us great service during our transition. Houli in particular was a great snare, he's a genuine first grade player.

We can't under value our first round picks, look at who we've got in the last 8 years with our first pick, all wins with the exception of Conca.

In finishing, look, I think its important to give the club a whack when necessary, and for people to vent their frustrations and misgivings whilst baracking for this cruel mistress that is the RFC, but when I see some serious bulldust, I'm gunna call people out. Let the trade period play its course and then we can evaluate when all said and done. After all, its not like any of us can actually change any of the upcoming decisions on players etc.

:gotigers :gotigers

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2015, 09:38:28 PM »
99% certain he will be at Punt Rd next year. The only way the media knew he was there yesterday was because it would have been leaked by the club or his manager. It's called warming up the masses.

Even heard AFL CEO today ask Mick Molloy if he was confident he was coming. Can't see that sort of banter at that level without some strong mail.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2015, 09:39:05 PM »
Site will go into meltdown if it comes out he chooses us

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »
Not half as much as it will if he doesn't.....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:17:03 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2015, 10:12:23 PM »
 :rollin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2015, 02:46:05 AM »
Quote from: UpTheGuts
I understand that pick 12 will secure Bennell, from GC's perspective.

Whether we try to get something else back to defray the cost, I dunno

I don't have a direct source, no. I'd never divulge that info if I did.

But from someone intimately involved in the industry, and loosely associated with this transaction, I am advised pick 12 will suffice, in GC's eyes.

Certainly not nailing anything to the mast, but I asked someone you'd think might just know - given what he does and who he does it for - who told me that.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bh-project-2015-vi-trade-and-free-agency-discussion.1113678/page-37#post-41255919

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2015, 07:33:06 AM »
Schrödinger's Bennell
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Gigantor

« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:59 AM »
LOL Stalin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2015, 10:12:53 AM »
From Barrett's latest Sliding Doors article ...

IF .... you recall this week two years ago ...    

THEN ... you'll remember Dusty Martin taking a tour of GWS facilities. He facilitated Harley Bennell's tour of Punt Rd this week. Can't work out whether that is a good or bad thing for Harley. We'll go with it being good. For now.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-02/sliding-doors-grand-final-edition

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Unleash the tornado

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: October 02, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »
From Barrett's latest Sliding Doors article ...

IF .... you recall this week two years ago ...    

THEN ... you'll remember Dusty Martin taking a tour of GWS facilities. He facilitated Harley Bennell's tour of Punt Rd this week. Can't work out whether that is a good or bad thing for Harley. We'll go with it being good. For now.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-02/sliding-doors-grand-final-edition

Make a decision dh  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: October 02, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
still to meet other clubs.

A lot of work to be done.