Author Topic: Harley Bennell [merged]  (Read 143270 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers to weigh up Harley Bennell/Out of the Race
« Reply #525 on: October 05, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »
I would like the RFC to come out and say why they have decided against Bennell, just for once be honest with us members!
They have told us what happened. He didn't attend a scheduled medical on time.
Given his history and the fact that the medical time and date would've been negotiated before hand, I think they could've made the correct decision.
Also, sometimes the reasons, such as medical results are confidential.
When did the club say he missed a medical? Through some poster on BF?

There have been conflicting reports as to why we wont offer him a playing contract, but all the club has said publicly is:

"Following discussions last week, Richmond has decided at this point it is not in a position to offer Harley Bennell a playing contract"
https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/650498634551705601

As far as I am concerned, the reports on missing a medical are rubbish unless the club state that is the reason why.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #526 on: October 05, 2015, 09:01:44 AM »
I would like the RFC to come out and say why they have decided against Bennell, just for once be honest with us members!
Given his history and the fact that the medical time and date would've been negotiated before hand, I think they could've made the correct decision.

The RFC did not say that, the media did, the RFC said they were not going to peruse Bennell anymore. Gee you keep stuffing up this morning don't you!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »
no need for the angst WAT, but I am thinking you are correct in thatthe club has merely said they will not pusue Bennell.

GR12 is not the only one to have made this mistake. Read through the thread and see all the carry on where people have read something the media said then twisted that into what the club has said and thrown the toys out of the cot.

My suspicion is that we will never hear the true reason why they have not tabled an offer to Bennell, as it may well be something that is not very complimentary to him
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #528 on: October 05, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
no need for the angst WAT, but I am thinking you are correct in thatthe club has merely said they will not pusue Bennell.

GR12 is not the only one to have made this mistake. Read through the thread and see all the carry on where people have read something the media said then twisted that into what the club has said and thrown the toys out of the cot.

My suspicion is that we will never hear the true reason why they have not tabled an offer to Bennell, as it may well be something that is not very complimentary to him
Well, yes, i have made a mistake. It was his manager who said he put back the medical appointment in light of his birthday celebrations the day before? But my point remains, i don't think richmond are in a position to tell us the true story as H B may not not come out smelling like roses.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:04:34 AM by Go Richo 12 »

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #529 on: October 05, 2015, 09:38:21 AM »

The RFC did not say that, the media did, the RFC said they were not going to peruse Bennell anymore. Gee you keep stuffing up this morning don't you!!
!! OR ??

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: October 05, 2015, 10:01:31 AM »
Bennell’s manager Colin Young said he had pulled his player from the medical test given they were still working through contract details.

“I advised Harley not to attend the medical and the club is aware of that,” Young said.

“Harley had his birthday here in Melbourne and he enjoyed a social night with his mates.”

The Dockers have strong interest in Bennell and could land him cheaply in the exchange period for a second-round draft pick.

The Dockers are targeting Greater Western Sydney ace forward Cameron McCarthy with their first-round draft picks from this year and next year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-pulls-out-of-harley-bennell-trade-race/story-fnp04d70-1227556382433
Ok, so it wasn't the RFC who said he missed his medical but it wasn't exactly a big footy poster either.
I'll still cop my right whack for posting an inaccuracy earlier.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Tigers to weigh up Harley Bennell [update]
« Reply #531 on: October 05, 2015, 10:49:10 AM »
Geez not holding out much hope of HB in tiger colours.

You keep going about NOT getting him, why is that? Trolling?

Some Richmond fans need to learn bit being a overly optimistic flog is not trolling

FFS bad mouthing people by claiming them flog really enhances you intelligence.

Not trolling, I'm calling it as i see i.

He WANTS to be at home, FFS can you comprehend that. :thumbsdown
Imposing your negatative vibes on a group of supporters that live on hope is trolling so take a hike

You may wanna right penny a letter then

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
I would have thought that his manager wanted the medical "delayed" for obvious reasons.... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #533 on: October 05, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
Bennell's manager Colin Young will be on Trade Radio this arvo.

http://www.afl.com.au/AFL/live-radio-popup?id=129110a0

Hutchy and Barrett just now said it was a very poor decision by Bennell to go out late during Grand Final week when you're trying to impress and convince clubs that you've changed your partying ways. Out at 5am at the Footy Show after-party. It would've put clubs off.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: October 05, 2015, 12:09:31 PM »
 :banghead why didn't RFC report this sooner?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #535 on: October 05, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »
Damian Barrett on Bennell: This whole thing may come down to the simple fact that he wants to play for Fremantle.

Hutchy on Bennell: It's a horrible look for him to be out until 5am the week he's trying to convince clubs to take him.

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #536 on: October 05, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
Damian Barrett on Bennell: This whole thing may come down to the simple fact that he wants to play for Fremantle.

Hutchy on Bennell: It's a horrible look for him to be out until 5am the week he's trying to convince clubs to take him.

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Yeah Hutchy, great look

edit: will give you the benefit of he doubt here but do not post unsubstantiated rumours on the forum that can put us in a legal hotspot
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:22:50 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #537 on: October 05, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »
Bennell's manager apparently told Bennell that if there's no contract then don't do a medical, according to Brett Anderson on SEN.

Richmond couldn't agree to offering a contract without a medical check after what happened with Trengove last year.

So, it must mean Bennell and his manager are confident there are other offer(s). Freo, of course, is very keen.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #538 on: October 05, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »
Jay Clark ‏@ClarkyHeraldSun twitter

"did due diligence. Didn't like what they saw"

"missed morning test, (woke up), did arvo test"

https://twitter.com/ClarkyHeraldSun/with_replies

Richmond was not convinced after a big week in Melbourne. Good call, Tigers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-pulls-out-of-harley-bennell-trade-race/story-fnp04d70-1227556382433?sv=accbe2368eaa2702755c390959c218a2

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #539 on: October 05, 2015, 02:55:14 PM »
ben cousins thanks HB for taking on the mantle.