Author Topic: Harley Bennell [merged]  (Read 143254 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers to weigh up Harley Bennell/Out of the Race
« Reply #540 on: October 05, 2015, 04:13:35 PM »
Gee wiz RFC is nailing it these days. First Trengove now Bennell. Talk about due dilligence :clapping

P.S what kind of nuffer demands an offer before a medical or even moreso offers a contract without doing a medical

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: October 05, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »
one that has made up his mind that he wants to run amok with his old mates, despite advice from family and manager?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: October 05, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
credit where it is due if this is what it seems like then i cant blame the club for trying. They have not been attempted by a half descent looking bird at the bar

It may be a smokescreen for freo but as long as its not hawthorn i couldnt give a stuff what the bloke does.

hope he enjoys his days at the motel. Screw him.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:44:38 PM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #543 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:59 PM »
I'm sure he will
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: October 05, 2015, 04:41:48 PM »
credit where it is due if this is what it seems like then i cant blame the club for trying. They have not been attempted by a half descent looking bird at the bar

It may be a smokescreen for freo but as long as its not hawthorn i couldnt give a stuff what the bloke does.

hope he enjoys his days at the motel. Screw him.
that is exactly what it seems like. It was concerning the amount of times it was mentioned that he wanted to go to perth but his family and manager were trying to convince him to go elsewhere to avoid his old mates.
I was starting to get the impression that even he did decide on Richmond it would a reluctant decision he was coerced into
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:45:15 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #545 on: October 05, 2015, 05:33:27 PM »
Question: What happens at medicals? Strength and flexibility tests. VO2 Max tests. Blood and skin fold  tests.
Then ask yourself why would a professional footballer not turn up to a medical? I don't think Harley's manager was using the test as a bargaining chip regarding a contract. It doesn't make sense at this stage of negotiations, quite the opposite. I don't believe he has injuries or is unfit, so there is another reason. Blood test perhaps?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #546 on: October 05, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »
Question: What happens at medicals? Strength and flexibility tests. VO2 Max tests. Blood and skin fold  tests.
Then ask yourself why would a professional footballer not turn up to a medical? I don't think Harley's manager was using the test as a bargaining chip regarding a contract. It doesn't make sense at this stage of negotiations, quite the opposite. I don't believe he has injuries or is unfit, so there is another reason. Blood test perhaps?

There might be a drug test amongst other things?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: October 05, 2015, 05:52:03 PM »
given his record it would be negligent of RFC not to do a drug test.
we discussed this a few pages back.

His manager isnt going to come out and publicly say anything that would damage the product, is he?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #548 on: October 05, 2015, 06:05:53 PM »
NEWLY announced Essendon coach John Worsfold says the club will consider recruiting Harley Bennell.

Bennell is not on West Coast's radar, says Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/dons-considering-harley-want-leuey-says-worsfold
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/bennell-not-among-many-possible-eagle-pick-ups

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #549 on: October 05, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »
given his record it would be negligent of RFC not to do a drug test.
we discussed this a few pages back.

His manager isnt going to come out and publicly say anything that would damage the product, is he?
That's my thinking. Blood, hair and urine tests would be part of it given the background of HB. My opinion only (and its only speculation on my part) - it's what I would do in a due diligence regime probably for any player. If someone won't do the test then you pull the pin.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #550 on: October 05, 2015, 06:07:46 PM »
NEWLY announced Essendon coach John Worsfold says the club will consider recruiting Harley Bennell.

Bennell is not on West Coast's radar, says Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/dons-considering-harley-want-leuey-says-worsfold
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/bennell-not-among-many-possible-eagle-pick-ups
Can Essendon and John "The Pharmacist" Worsfold be any more stupid. Their "brand" is trashed already and that won't help.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: October 05, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »

Can Essendon and John "The Pharmacist" Worsfold be any more stupid. Their "brand" is trashed already and that won't help.

look pretty good if he wins a brownlow
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #552 on: October 05, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »

And if the Bombers win the premiership, but we all know that aint happening.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #553 on: October 05, 2015, 06:49:42 PM »
Mark Stevens on Ch 7:

Bennell to make a decision on his preferred club this week. Freo is the frontrunner but another club is making a late hard run at him. Stevens said, "Watch this space!".

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #554 on: October 05, 2015, 07:16:07 PM »

And if the Bombers win the premiership, but we all know that aint happening.

if the brand is trashed why not take a chance on a potential AA grader?