Author Topic: The Big Fish  (Read 11335 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Big Fish
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »
The "big fish" is not the answer.

Look at Sydney - their 10 million dollar man is not even available for the finals ( not making light of mental health issues)

Like many I thought adding Ben Cousins to our 2008 list would automatically result in finals in 2009 - that dream ended half way through round 1.

Nathan Brown was awesome until he broke his leg - and then it was apparent how much he was carrying the team.

I really like how we have rebuilt our list during difficult times - we have retained all our stars. Exciting times ahead.
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 11:09:23 AM »

Look at Sydney - their 10 million dollar man is not even available for the finals ( not making light of mental health issues)

Like many I thought adding Ben Cousins to our 2008 list would automatically result in finals in 2009 - that dream ended half way through round 1.

Nathan Brown was awesome until he broke his leg - and then it was apparent how much he was carrying the team.

I really like how we have rebuilt our list during difficult times - we have retained all our stars. Exciting times ahead.

Agreed, but there's some huge talent on the market at the moment, and most believe we're 1 'A' grader away from giving it a genuine push (of which I subscribe).

We're not offering massive overs, and have enough in the cap.

We're in a far stronger position than when cousins came across, and N Brown was unfortunate, but was just about the only genuine star (aside from Richo).

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 11:14:41 AM »
#BigFish
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »
nice carry on, but the big fish comment isnt from the club

nor is there promises of getting one, just being able to afford to be in the contest if they become available.

You've got nothing, not a thing.  :thumbsdown :thumbsdown

What sort of crap is that comment, go read the article again, what the hell do you think it means. Benny Gayle has been crapping on all year about it to. But you can go find that article.

"If they become available" wtf is Trloar and Dangerfield then???

Hardwick said Richmond had not been able to compete with the offers of other clubs when stars such as Chris Judd had come on the market.

true we were broke. does he say we will be able to get said player, or compete with other clubs for their services?

Hardwick said the money raised through the fund would allow the club to retain its stars by paying 100 per cent of its salary cap, and create a "war chest" to recruit the best available talent.

Part A is completed, we have kept all our big fish in the pond, but i know you think thats not important. Part b is true, the money is there and has been offered to treloar, danger and kruezer, that we know of.

"We can go out and hunt the best players, so that if Chris Judd does become available again, Richmond are well and truly in the market," he told the AFL website.

again has he said i promise you we will get one, or has he said we will have the money to be in the market?

and yes as said we have the money and we have bandied it about.

so which part specifically do i need to read to see where the club has lied?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »
BLOODY GET A BIG FISH. Anyone thinking we don't need big names are kidding themselves!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
i dont want to hurt anyone feelings by giving a big fish too much money  :-[
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »
How about Richard Flounder? ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »
must be either bennel, aish or carlisle we need hoping 2 out of the 3 carlisle know is important as I think chaplin is all over the shop has been all year and again looked slow and has a far to many brain freezes... People will disagree but that's life... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
GO U TIGERS

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 12:19:56 PM »
must be either bennel, aish or carlisle we need hoping 2 out of the 3 carlisle know is important as I think chaplin is all over the shop has been all year and again looked slow and has a far to many brain freezes... People will disagree but that's life... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
GO U TIGERS

the pro chaplin possie have no idea  :shh

No More

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 12:22:21 PM »
How about Richard Flounder? ;D

don't knock the flounder ... kicked 4 on debut  ;D

No More

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 12:25:30 PM »

retained who? the only people playing like stars are Jack Riewoldt and Alex Rance. Miles is doing a great job. The rest are having a lend of us all. Go get some great players who can perform on the big stage not Moneyball players who will fail at the first big hurdle.

dwaino

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
Who is there? Hannebery re-signed, Dangerfield is going home to Geelong, Treloar wants to go to Colonwood supposedly to reunite with his U16s coach (or the under the table Westpac deals, either way he doesn't want to come), Carlisle is a massive whimp that loses the plot too easily and in no way worth the first rounder you would need though Carlton are talking about just taking him in the PSD and he seems ok with that.

Who are the big fish? Luey is another Hampson and can't even get a kick at Brisbane, Aish is gettable but will only be a third year player and has spent his second season for whatever reason plodding in the twos, Henderson is a decent swing man but isn't much more than a role player.

There are only value choices left. If we can get Yarran for a second rounder then that's value. Pushing someone off the bottom of the list like Gordon is a good return from the cost of a second rounder. Aish with a first might be a bit rich but at least he's a known value. WCE might want too much for someone like Lycett who I think is contracted and is their first back up ruck though Kruezer wouldn't cost anything more than salary cap space. Yet none of these options are massive improvements which is why I don't think the list is that bad. I'm more under the impression that the instruction just isn't good enough.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 01:01:42 PM »
Well the war chest is a myth.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 01:33:03 PM »
GO U TIGERS

:clapping well said
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:07:17 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 01:37:05 PM »
Bennel