Author Topic: No Mad Monday for Tigers (Age)  (Read 1779 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: No Mad Monday for Tigers (Age)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »
Impressive year ?  :nope :nope
There goal was to win a final
This wasn't achieved
Year was a fail
Even Dimma said that
Impressive no

Forget the final we have bagged the crap out of that and all the players involved until the cows come home. Yes it was poo and finals are what it's all about...bla bla bla. We have all said that too, but......

We beat Feo, we were the first team to do it, we beat the Hawks when they were being touted as unstoppable, we beat the Pies by 91 points, we saw glimpses of C Ellis and what we can look forward to, we had an impressive year.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »
jack they might have failed that one key part,however the team played consistant football throughout much of the year and with some wise recruitment and some match day fine tuning we have a base from which we can launch a proper tilt at the ultimate goal

No More

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »
it was a failed year imho.

if you cant win even 1 knockout final you have no chance of going the whole way.

we seem to have players who choke when it counts.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 08:37:40 PM »
Ok year, some improvement but we failed the real test again

So overall year is a fail
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »
it was a failed year imho.

if you cant win even 1 knockout final you have no chance of going the whole way.

we seem to have players who choke when it counts.
I think I can see both points of view Ramps.
You are correct when you say we failed again this year. Not to win a final was a diabolical result.
However, we also saw the continued development of Miles, Vlastuin and the emergence of some young guys in McIntosh, Lennon and C.Ellis. I still think Menadue has what it takes but needs to put on some weight. Butler had his year ruined by injury but showed glimpses of something exciting prior to this. McKenzie is a beast that is being quietly developed too. Rance has stepped up to be the best backman in the competition and Grimes has been good now that he has had a relatively injury free run. We need more quality mids, a tall back to replace Chaplin and a tall and good ruck to replace Maric eventually. Hopefully we can solve many of our problems through the trade period and draft. The trajectory is still up. We had the best defence we've had for almost 50 years and the best percentage since we came 2nd in 1982.
So I can honestly say we failed but at the same time improved. We really need to finish top 4 next year to really give ourselves a chance. Fifth is admirable but is really no better than eighth bar the home final which didn't help us that much as we played a Vic team.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 11:50:24 PM »
It was a failure.

Stuff "developing kids" we should be passed the consolation stage

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 01:07:42 AM »
Glad they had no celebration.

Why should they? We're not partying ourselves.

Pricks should be furious and stewing, inconsolable like me. They need to own this failure and make it a part of the reason it can't happen again.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »
It was a failure.

Stuff "developing kids" we should be passed the consolation stage

Should never stop developing kids