Author Topic: Benny Gale on SEN - 17/09/15  (Read 2910 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Benny Gale on SEN - 17/09/15
« on: September 17, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
Richmond CEO Brendon Gale on SEN's Morning Glory today ...

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/3582621-richmond-ceo-brendon-gale-on-morning-glory

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Benny Gale on SEN - 17/09/15
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:25:49 PM »
What poo did that loser sprout this time.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »
Time for 17-5 fixture debate: Gale
AFL.com.au
September 17, 2015

RICHMOND CEO Brendon Gale doesn't like the current fixture and thinks the debate about how it should look in the future needs to be revived.

Gale told Melbourne radio station SEN that club CEOs quickly dismissed the 17-5 fixture model when the AFL tabled it at a meeting in May because of commercial considerations. But he said the issue was important enough to examine further.

He revealed that he had discussed the matter with AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan a few weeks ago and both had agreed the matter needed proper assessment.

"It might be time to bring it up and have a decent discussion and debate around it," Gale said.

The 17-5 model means all 18 teams play each other once in the first 17 rounds before the League is broken into three groups of six where qualifiers are played for the finals and draft picks.

The top six teams then play for top four spots, the middle six teams play for seventh and eighth spot, and the bottom six would play to determine the draft order. 

Those against the model raised concerns about blockbusters, home games and using such a small sample to determine draft picks.

Gale said if the fixture worked against a club it could erode the progress a club was making.

"You can work your butt off to get that extra one per cent of improvement and effort to compete and win and yet if the fixture is in your favour or not it can make a huge difference," Gale said.

"I don't like the current fixture as it stands and I think this (the 17-5 model) is a serious step towards addressing the inequity to the fixture. And if that's the case, I think we should look at it."

McLachlan repeated on AFL 360 on Wednesday night his view that the problems created when clubs rested players in round 23 were best addressed through a fixture model that didn't potentially advantage one team over another.

However, he said the 17-5 model would need serious discussion and would take time to be implemented.

"I've always thought that there was a discussion for it. If it gets up, it will be ready for 2017 or beyond," McLachlan said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-17/time-for-175-fixture-debate-gale

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
Tigers boss talks Harley Bennell
SEN
17 Sep 2015, 09:58AM

Richmond Chief Executive Brendon Gale says he would be personally involved in the due diligence into troubled Gold Coast mid-fielder Harley Bennell.

The Tigers are expected to be aggressive in the free agency and trade period after losing a third successive semi final, and Bennell is one of several players the club is believed to be looking at.

"If Harley Bennell was a person of interest for our footy club and we saw fit to conduct the due diligence as I think we would, it's something I'd be interested in being involved in for sure," Gale has told SEN.

The talented mid-fielder comes with a massive risk, after several off field indiscretions forced the Gold Coast to put him up for trade.

"It's my job and the job of the board to set the appetite for risk for the club. You need to take some risk to compete and win, and I guess we need to be comfortable what our appetite for risk is."

A number of clubs have already ruled out perusing Bennell due to his high maintenance, but Gale has backed his clubs off field staff to cope with any potential issues.

"I think we've got some good people who have been instrumental in turning around the fortunes of kids with challenges and I think we'll take that into account."

http://www.sen.com.au/news/09-15/tigers-boss-talks-harley-bennell

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »
Sack big Benny. 
He's full of poo.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »
Sack big Benny. 
He's full of poo.
Is there anyone at the club you don't want to sack Ox? :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 01:51:28 PM »
Yes.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 03:37:43 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »
More from Benny:

* It’s been a tough couple of days, it’s fair to say. We’re all invested in the Club and what we’re trying to achieve, so when it comes to an end like that it’s very disappointing. We expected more.

* Upon reflection, I think it’s been a strong year. We’ve set a new high-water mark for the Club by virtue of some of our performances during the year. But you’re only remembered for your last two hours and we were well short.

* We’d prepared well. We couldn’t get ourselves quite in the top four but we weren’t far away. Our best had been very, very good and I felt we were well equipped to take North, a team that had troubled us.  And, it certainly looked like that would be the case. We settled into the game well but just before half-time I noticed our contested-ball numbers were flagging and our tackle count was flagging. That goes to intensity, it goes to attitude and that got worse in the third quarter.

* It’s open season, we know that. We’re a club that attracts a lot of interest.  If we win we’re the story, if we lose we’re the story and we’re getting all sorts of advice at the moment what we should do. Everyone has their views and everyone’s conducted post-mortems. At the end of the day, we lost the contested-ball count. We base our game around that ability to win the ball, control and stretch defences and make teams defend.  We’ve proven time and time again that we’re pretty good.  We’re pretty good against top eight sides, in particular. But, to their credit, I think North Melbourne were better than us on the day. Contested ball is an area where we were exposed.  And, we’ve got to get better.  Damien’s not going to accept it.

* We’ll sit back and look at this rationally. We’ve got some real attributes to our team but we’ve got some areas we need to improve.  We identified this time last year that we’d be more active post season 2015 and we will be.  But having said that, we believe this list, the existing list, has considerable improvement as well. We played a side on Sunday that’s also much, much older than us. In the next few years, we’re going to be moving into an age profile that makes it more likely to be winning finals and becoming a serious contender.  So, we need to look at talent to bring in but I think there’s considerable improvement in our list as we have it. 

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-09-17/gale-weathers-the-storm

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »
stuff off.

Rationally?

They wouldn't know what the stuffn word means.

Lmao
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »
I love it how they always focus on the numbers where in reality the game was already lost on the Thursdsy prior

Take responsibility Benny and put the focus on those who made those changes

Flog
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »
I love how they play and blame supposed incidental and unforseen circumstances to redirect responsibility from themselves.

A PR exercise in absolving responsibility and covering arses.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 08:08:11 PM »
Too much business speak Benny, youre an ex footballer and it will make a big difference if you speak in that vernacular.
Jack showed the way the other day.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 10:07:39 PM »
Peggy runs a tight ship down there.
The joint has shut down, no leaking going on.

Go Pegmeister. :lol