Author Topic: Damien Hardwick on SEN's The Coaches Box --- 6pm, Friday.  (Read 6131 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick on SEN's The Coaches Box --- 6pm, Friday.
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »
COACHES BOX | Damien Hardwick is the special guest for the final edition of The Coaches Box of 2015 from 6pm tomorrow

https://twitter.com/SENfooty

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Damien Hardwick on SEN's The Coaches Box --- 6pm, Friday.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
Lets get around him men, I am sure he is still hurting after the finals loss

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Should be an interesting program.

They'll be asking about all the players we are supposedly chasing and those we might be off loading  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 01:32:45 AM »
Transcript ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 02:00:11 AM »
It'll be a surprise if Dimma gives much away or offers something we don't know already.

Look, we'll continue to look to bring in players who we believe can improve our playing stocks, add to our depth and that can play the Richmond way. Having said that, we still have a young list and we'll expect continual development and improvement from the likes of Corey Ellis, Menadue and others next year.

Look, I'm not going to discuss specific players. There's always heaps of speculation and innuendo at this time of the year. Dan Richardson and Blair Hartley handle that sides of things. They evaluate players that may suit our needs and would fit our model and I have total confidence in what they are doing. 

Look, the elimination final result was again very disappointing. We didn't play anywhere near the level we know we can and many of our guys were down on the day. We'll have to live with that for another six months until we can do something about it. We know what went wrong and we'll address it over the preseason.

Brett, Jack and Alex making the All-Australian side was just reward for terrific seasons by all three of them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 05:42:55 AM »
It'll be a surprise if Dimma gives much away or offers something we don't know already.

Look, we'll continue to look to bring in players who we believe can improve our playing stocks, add to our depth and that can play the Richmond way. Having said that, we still have a young list and we'll expect continual development and improvement from the likes of Corey Ellis, Menadue and others next year.

Look, I'm not going to discuss specific players. There's always heaps of speculation and innuendo at this time of the year. Dan Richardson and Blair Hartley handle that sides of things. They evaluate players that may suit our needs and would fit our model and I have total confidence in what they are doing. 

Look, the elimination final result was again very disappointing. We didn't play anywhere near the level we know we can and many of our guys were down on the day. We'll have to live with that for another six months until we can do something about it. We know what went wrong and we'll address it over the preseason.

Brett, Jack and Alex making the All-Australian side was just reward for terrific seasons by all three of them.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol classic Dimma!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 09:14:02 AM »

SEN isn't going to be very happy with you now are they  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »

OMG! Did you accidentally come across Dimma's script!  Better send it to him quickly.  He's on in 3 hours. ...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 06:55:55 PM »
Great interview Dimma , still going,,,,,,played em on a break  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »
Summary:

* We need to improve our list. Some areas we need to get better at. Blair and Dan are working hard at that. It's hard to get them.

* Kreuzer - good player but similar in size and mould to Ivan and Vickery. Enough of those height. If we were looking for a ruckman then it would be a much taller ruckman.

* Treloar - We put in a good offer and thought we were always a chance until he made his choice. Disappointing but we move on quickly.

* Avoided discussing Yarran and especially Bennell. Just mentioned we want to bring in players that will make us better. Dimma also stated if a guy has elite ability but has suspect character then you'd consider him, whereas if he had suspect character and average ability then you would overlook him. A footy club is made up of a variety of characters.

* Lennon - important player. Spoke to Ben today about the role we want from him. Expect him to be at Tigerland next year.

* McIntosh - we saw traits at VFL that would apply to AFL level. At VFL level, it was more about running patterns rather than winning his own ball. He would develop more at AFL level.

* We were always going to play 3 key forwards against North (so Griffs came in). Playing Lloyd and Lennon meant we had two small forwards which meant one was always the sub. We felt we needed more marking power against North based on rounds 6 & 23. Ben was always going to make way. On Conca - we thought he would be better for the run for the following week.

* Yes, we have looked at our coaching decisions. We thought we could have jumped second up more against Goldstein. Dimma said he takes responsiblity. We had to change our wings as Ellis was being sat on and we needed to move Grigg to a wing to try and get more run. That affected our midfield structures. When you're A-grade gameplan is working then everything is fine but when it's not then you need to try things.

* Cotch tagged - we expected it and thought we did okay initially at stoppages but as the game fell away that protection fell away too. Cotch would also admit he didn't have a good game but he wasn't the only one. If the team falls away 10% then that affects the performance greatly. Most of our leaders were down - Ivan was okay, Brett was down, Chappy was down, Cotch was down while Jack was outstanding.

* The days of the captain being the sole leader are gone. You want all 22 players out there to show some leadership.

* It wasn't a gameplan issue. When you lose contested possessions by -35 then it's not a gameplan issue. We just didn't win the footy and were beaten by a better side on the day.

* We won a number of big games this year. Most Richmond games are big due to the club we are. It's unfair to rate an Elim. final higher than a H/A game. At the end of the day, you go out to win all of them.

* We always thought North would be our hardest challenge. We were confident about beating Sydney, we were looking forward to taking on West Coast again and we had beaten Freo and Hawthorn. Dimma expects North to beat the Eagles tomorrow. Dimma rates North very highly.   

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 07:51:26 PM »
Cop outs left right and centre
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 07:55:27 PM »
I cannot believe a decent chunk of what he said.
Playing Conca in for the following week  :huh
Any H&A game bigger than a final? :laugh:
Ivvy having a good game?
Sheeeeesh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 07:59:48 PM »
He didn't say that,
He said that HA games are equally as important , not bigger. Not that I necessarily agree
He said Maric was ok, not great
Maybe retune your hearing aid  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
I think his comments were close to spot on. He takes responsibility for the coaching but at the same time the players must take the responsibility for being minus 35 in the contested ball count. I am miffed that he said Ben Lennon was always going to miss though.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »
if conca was played to get a run under his belt for the next week, then why not play him the week before :huh3
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI