Author Topic: Richmond won't be landing a big name star: Dan Richardson (Herald-Sun)  (Read 29852 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richmond won't be landing a big name star: Dan Richardson (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 07:22:33 AM »
BOOM goes the dynamite

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2015, 08:19:02 AM »
Agreed, couldnt get what we wanted so should have blown the budget on anything available to satisfy the need.....

I'm actually over this big fish rubbish, as I know players just want to be part of a losing organisation but you gotta admit the strangest part in that whole article is he said we will back Maric and Hampson in.

Really, no further additions to our elite ruck stocks or forward line? How could they not even attempt to get Zac Smith in.
To be honest I'm not that upset we haven't gone after a ruckman. I still think Maric has at least one or two decent years left in him and with Vickery about to help out that's ok by me. If a ruckman isn't Nic Nat, Goldy or Sandilands, the rest Maric can compete with ok.
The ruckman getting thrown up are all injury prone and all would be a sencond ruck to Maric for now. We have bigger list problems than this at the moment. Draft or rookie  a young kid this year and when Maric is done you never know?? Other clubs seem to do it.
Although after saying all that I'd enquirer about swapping Conca for Lycett..
Ruckman come up every year for trade so I just think unless one jumps out (pardon the pun) at us, we wait until we really  need one.
I'd be doing the USA ruckman experiment like St.Kilda and Collingwood if it were up yo me. Freak athletes that could compete against Nic Nat.

On another note, not really fussed about Aish either. Haven't really seen anything that tells me he is worth our first round pick or decent money. Collingwood can have him!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2015, 09:15:19 AM »
epic fail richmond. Stuffing Amatuers

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
Never like this appointment of Richardson he is a former player manager never worked in a club.Time for Hartley to go to now we're after fringe players ffs pee poor effort by the club even clubs like saints recruit a big fish now that's how bad we got.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2015, 12:03:57 PM »
Big fish aside

Yarran
Townsend
Henderson
Tomlinson
Smith
Lycett - trade for Conca

Why aren't we chasing the latter four? Forget Danger, Bennell, Treloar, Carlisle - they either want too much money or are guaranteed going elsewhere.

If Geelong needs to trade for Dangerfield then they surely can't fit Smith AND Henderson in via trade. Richmond should be going after both, with a mind to snag one or the other. A ruck or KPD. Very much in need!

Conca has run his race in my eyes - offer in a trade to WCE for Lycett.

Townsend should be cheap, 3rd rounder, grab him. Big body, 186/89. Just do it!

Trade Griffiths and Astbury, see if we can get 2nd round picks for them.

Keep our first pick and use the in-traded picks for Griff/Astbury to help get Yarran....

FMD

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2015, 12:05:25 PM »
Cause Dimma penny Hartley and friends

Reckon Hampson and Chaplin are wonderful players

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=22994.0
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2015, 12:09:40 PM »
That's stuffn hilarious.

What a poo club.

I'm off the idiots for good.

Hope they finish 9th again in 2016....it's all they deserve.

Club president is a stupid woman with Nfi . What a joke.

Brandon Gale is another stuffn joke. stuff him off.

Recruiters - the biggest joke.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »
LOL It was always going to happen.
Pleased we are going at Townsend  we need a big inside mid.

Disappointed we are after Yarren if we give up more than our second round pick for him i will spew.There are better options for rebounding h/b within our own club imo. We just need to develop them in the role. There are also better options at other clubs who dont really get a game.

Why are we not trying to dislodge lesser players like Kerridge, Litherland, Seedsman? There are players at most clubs who arent getting a go.

Hope we are looking at Jarrad Redden with a late nd pick.

Hope we are now trying to improve our ND position by trading a player or two  given we no longer are after THE BIG FISH LOL.

I am still bemused they fail to see the need to go hard at tall players. Failure to even identify the need is criminal. Tomlinson, Carlisle, Henderson are all players who should have been the clubs priority this off season.

As far as i can discern, they have not offered good money to lure players or offered up decent players to facilitate a fair deal.It seems they continue to rate ordinary players highly which has to be a concern.

Failed again to land a quality med/sml fwd. Clearly they are content with what they have. I hope SJ is on the radar.

Yep overall nothing new here at the rfc.
If i had a crystal ball i would say right at this minute clubs will catch us and go past us and we will be lucky to stay a middling club. It is not as if we are miles in front of any club as it is.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »
Agreed, couldnt get what we wanted so should have blown the budget on anything available to satisfy the need.....

I'm actually over this big fish rubbish, as I know players just want to be part of a losing organisation but you gotta admit the strangest part in that whole article is he said we will back Maric and Hampson in.

Really, no further additions to our elite ruck stocks or forward line? How could they not even attempt to get Zac Smith in.

yeah, that is concerning
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »
As always at trade time I'm actually more interested in who we ship out rather than who we bring in.

I'm still hoping we ship someone with value to get a better draft position, doubt we will as we never do. That where we really fail IMHO. We show no guts in trading our players out to try and get better
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 01:30:41 PM »
WP who is on your "trade out"list?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
As always at trade time I'm actually more interested in who we ship out rather than who we bring in.

I'm still hoping we ship someone with value to get a better draft position, doubt we will as we never do. That where we really fail IMHO. We show no guts in trading our players out to try and get better

hopefully by 2029  it will pay off
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »

Didn't Dimma say we tried that last year & the player(s) involved didn't agree to the move ?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2015, 01:35:19 PM »
WP who is on your "trade out"list?

The ones you'd get rid of are obvious but they have zero value

We need to be brave and if the deal is right bite the bullet and trade one of our better players

Outside of Our A graders, eg Cotchin, Lids, Jack, Rance and Martin. And perhaps Grimes & Vlastuin I'd listen to any deal put in front of me

If the deal was brilliant eg 1st round pick this year and 2 rd pick from next year then I'd consider it.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2015, 01:36:16 PM »
I think most clubs adopt this philosophy other than us