Author Topic: Gc, cats, port, pies - 2016  (Read 14623 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Gc, cats, port, pies - 2016
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2015, 10:20:54 PM »
How's gc gunna go next year bo ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »
Have proved to be very reliant  on Gazza and lesser extent o Meara , a lot will depend how they both come up.
Not a great wrap for their key forwards , defenders not marvellous either

If Ellis, Lennon and yarran can force their way into our side, we ll be better for it from the get go
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2015, 07:09:49 PM »
As Richmond supporters, we should all be taking a keen interest in how well O' Meara comes back from his injuries next year..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Have proved to be very reliant  on Gazza and lesser extent o Meara , a lot will depend how they both come up.

If Ellis, Lennon and yarran can force their way into our side, we ll be better for it from the get go
I will make a case for gc as it seems noone else wants to..
 Cruelled by injuries this yr, where they were forced to play 41 players almost the entire list. Through adversity there was a silver lining in the fact so many younger  players gained afl experience which can only help add to their depth this yr.

Their best 25 or so stacks up against most sides.A lot of their regular players are now entering the 23 thru 28 yr bracket. A lot of them have now managed to get get close to the 80 100 game mark. SO as far as maturity and experience goes they are a lot closer to the right place. All key factors that you the club and most of our own supporters have gone on about.

The potential factor remains huge if we use 1st 2nd and their access selections as a guide, it is  something we have done ourselves. their list is riddled with these players.

They lost three good players or potentially good players in Dixon 16 games bennell 15 games and zac smith 11 games.  I think Nicholls went past Smith and they have Gorringe developing.
Peter wright is a ready made replacement for Dixon albeit inexperienced, and blokes like Ablett and O'Meara coming back will help offset Bennell who didnt have a great season anyway.

I will take a stab at their best 22

FB:  McKenzie 24yo/92gms -  Thompson 25yo/65gms -  Schade 22yo/15gms.
HB: Harbrow 27yo/163gms -   May 24yo/71gms -   Kolodjashnij 20yo/40gms.

C:  Rischitelli 30yo/199gms - Swallow 23yo/79gms - O'Meara - 22yo/44gms
R:  Nicholls 24yo/30gms -  Ablett 31yo/274gms -  Prestia 23yo/81gms

HF: Martin 21yo/23gms -  Day 23yo/78gms  -  Hall 25yo/61gms
FF:  Matera 24yo/74gms - Lynch 23yo/80gms -  Wright 19yo/3gms

INT: Garlett 19yo/9gms - Hallahan 23yo/18gms - Miller 20yo/23gms - Rosa 29yo/168gms -  Ah Chee 18yo/0gms  - Lonergan 21yo/31gms.

If anyone thinks a fully fit gcs team will be a push over they had better think again.Like about 14 or so other teams they are a real  chance of top  8 if not top 4.
Also at the end of next year they will be in a great position to either pillage what is described as a very strong draft or trade for players. By my reckoning they already  have  two first round picks and 4 second round picks.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2015, 01:39:44 PM »
I don't think anyone questions their individual talents. Only question is will they put it all together? They will have to eventually but a year of numerous injuries doesn't put them in a great position this year.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »

I will make a case for gc as it seems noone else wants to..
 Cruelled by injuries this yr, where they were forced to play 41 players almost the entire list. Through adversity there was a silver lining in the fact so many younger  players gained afl experience which can only help add to their depth this yr.

Their best 25 or so stacks up against most sides.A lot of their regular players are now entering the 23 thru 28 yr bracket. A lot of them have now managed to get get close to the 80 100 game mark. SO as far as maturity and experience goes they are a lot closer to the right place. All key factors that you the club and most of our own supporters have gone on about.

The potential factor remains huge if we use 1st 2nd and their access selections as a guide, it is  something we have done ourselves. their list is riddled with these players.

They lost three good players or potentially good players in Dixon 16 games bennell 15 games and zac smith 11 games.  I think Nicholls went past Smith and they have Gorringe developing.
Peter wright is a ready made replacement for Dixon albeit inexperienced, and blokes like Ablett and O'Meara coming back will help offset Bennell who didnt have a great season anyway.

I will take a stab at their best 22

FB:  McKenzie 24yo/92gms -  Thompson 25yo/65gms -  Schade 22yo/15gms.
HB: Harbrow 27yo/163gms -   May 24yo/71gms -   Kolodjashnij 20yo/40gms.

C:  Rischitelli 30yo/199gms - Swallow 23yo/79gms - O'Meara - 22yo/44gms
R:  Nicholls 24yo/30gms -  Ablett 31yo/274gms -  Prestia 23yo/81gms

HF: Martin 21yo/23gms -  Day 23yo/78gms  -  Hall 25yo/61gms
FF:  Matera 24yo/74gms - Lynch 23yo/80gms -  Wright 19yo/3gms

INT: Garlett 19yo/9gms - Hallahan 23yo/18gms - Miller 20yo/23gms - Rosa 29yo/168gms -  Ah Chee 18yo/0gms  - Lonergan 21yo/31gms.

If anyone thinks a fully fit gcs team will be a push over they had better think again.Like about 14 or so other teams they are a real  chance of top  8 if not top 4.
Also at the end of next year they will be in a great position to either pillage what is described as a very strong draft or trade for players. By my reckoning they already  have  two first round picks and 4 second round picks.
Didn't Gorringe get traded to Carlton?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
Cats look alright eh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
They've all gone past us

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2016, 07:06:29 PM »
Apart from GC, yes!! If the Pies get Aish and Treloar they will, with what the Cats have just picked up it will be another 10 years before we beat them..

Make that 20 years after today!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2016, 07:13:13 PM »
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »
Some of the "yeah" experts think we are better than we are with a GF list... :whistle :help

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2016, 08:09:50 PM »
Apart from GC, yes!! If the Pies get Aish and Treloar they will, with what the Cats have just picked up it will be another 10 years before we beat them..

Ill see that and raise you five years, let's make it 25

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2016, 08:15:47 PM »

Ill see that and raise you five years, let's make it 25

I think you understand what I mean with acting the fool.  :snidegrin

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2016, 11:34:07 PM »
Some of the "yeah" experts think we are better than we are with a GF list... :whistle :help

Can you re-write that so it makes sense? Thanks.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2016, 10:07:38 PM »
doubt it can be done
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI