Author Topic: The wash up - Rate our trade period  (Read 14889 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: The wash up - Rate our trade period
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2015, 09:53:16 PM »
People make me laugh- some more excited about Townsend than Yarran. There is a 95% chance Townsend will just be another Gordon type and only a 5% chance of him becoming the next Miles.

Yarran at his very best is an A grader, I don't think many could argue that. Sure he has to get his head right but I'm tipping it's easier for us to do that like we have with Dusty, than turn a kid like Townsend into an A grader. Or even a B grader.
Pick 19 for Yarran is the bargain of the century if you consider, other than Rance, who we have drafted after the first round for a very long time.

I would have loved to have been bold and traded out Astbury, Conca, Griffiths and Ellis but we didn't so we move on but surely the first 3 named are on their last chances. Ellis I just cannot stand as a footballer.

Rated it a C overall.
Yet those A grade performances are few and far between. The trouble is those good ones are always mixed in with horrid ones on a regular basis. If it didnt happen ther inconsistency and soft dismal efforts  every club in the trade period would have  thrown the sink at him. yet just one club was truly interested..
We didnt get Townsend to be an Agrader. We got him to do an inside role that is badly lacking. We got him to become a servicable player who Consistently performs his role, now thats something Yarran in 7 yrs has failed to do. But gee when he has a good game once every 4 or 5  weeks its a beauty.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The wash up - Rate our trade period
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2015, 10:10:05 PM »
People make me laugh- some more excited about Townsend than Yarran. There is a 95% chance Townsend will just be another Gordon type and only a 5% chance of him becoming the next Miles.

Yarran at his very best is an A grader, I don't think many could argue that. Sure he has to get his head right but I'm tipping it's easier for us to do that like we have with Dusty, than turn a kid like Townsend into an A grader. Or even a B grader.
Pick 19 for Yarran is the bargain of the century if you consider, other than Rance, who we have drafted after the first round for a very long time.

I would have loved to have been bold and traded out Astbury, Conca, Griffiths and Ellis but we didn't so we move on but surely the first 3 named are on their last chances. Ellis I just cannot stand as a footballer.

Rated it a C overall.
Yet those A grade performances are few and far between. The trouble is those good ones are always mixed in with horrid ones on a regular basis. If it didnt happen ther inconsistency and soft dismal efforts  every club in the trade period would have  thrown the sink at him. yet just one club was truly interested..
We didnt get Townsend to be an Agrader. We got him to do an inside role that is badly lacking. We got him to become a servicable player who Consistently performs his role, now thats something Yarran in 7 yrs has failed to do. But gee when he has a good game once every 4 or 5  weeks its a beauty.
With all due respect Claw I don't think you know what you are talking about in this situation. I get that you don't rate Yarran but if you are comparing the new new guys, one is a potential A grader that has preformed at a very high level at AFL level and the other one is a guy that most people haven't heard of.
I'm sure you will jump up and down every opportunity you get when Yarran has a bad game, and when he does have a decent game you'll say it should be the norm.