Author Topic: The wash up - Rate our trade period  (Read 14896 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The wash up - Rate our trade period
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2015, 10:37:08 PM »
Gave the RFC five extra points for not chasing Carlisle

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2015, 02:57:35 AM »
I know it's a big call but if they can keep that doggies team together and add to it in future seasons I can see them breaking their GF drought and being a strong finals team. Whether they can win the big dance again who knows

But I like the team they're putting together

And think what they will be like with Liberatore back in the side. Very exciting brand of football too. An entertaining team to watch, kinda like Port from 2013-2014 but IMO more sustainable...

Decent backman and ruckman and woah :shh. Although I don't mind Minson

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2015, 07:19:19 AM »
Gave them the solitary poor vote because they didn't land the BIG FISH!!!!! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2015, 12:05:29 PM »
People make me laugh- some more excited about Townsend than Yarran. There is a 95% chance Townsend will just be another Gordon type and only a 5% chance of him becoming the next Miles.

Yarran at his very best is an A grader, I don't think many could argue that. Sure he has to get his head right but I'm tipping it's easier for us to do that like we have with Dusty, than turn a kid like Townsend into an A grader. Or even a B grader.
Pick 19 for Yarran is the bargain of the century if you consider, other than Rance, who we have drafted after the first round for a very long time.

I would have loved to have been bold and traded out Astbury, Conca, Griffiths and Ellis but we didn't so we move on but surely the first 3 named are on their last chances. Ellis I just cannot stand as a footballer.

Rated it a C overall.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
Gary Buckenara's club-by-club analysis

Matt Smith
Herald-Sun
October 24, 2015

RICHMOND

The Tigers are a bit status quo despite the additions of Yarran and Townsend — they have maybe marginally improved the list. They went after the big fish in Treloar and Hamish Hartlett but didn’t get them, which is disappointing for them but they keep pick No. 12, which is a good result. The price was right for Yarran at No. 19, a fair and reasonable deal for both parties and he’ll add great speed and ball use off halfback along with Bachar Houli. He’s just the sort of player they were looking for.

http://www.themercury.com.au/afl-trades-2015-gary-buckenara-says-carlton-trade-winners-club-by-club-analysis/story-fnj3twbb-1227580085386

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »

Matt Smith
Herald-Sun
October 24, 2015

RICHMOND

The Tigers are a bit status quo despite the additions of Yarran and Townsend — they have maybe marginally improved the list. They went after the big fish in Treloar and Hamish Hartlett but didn’t get them, which is disappointing for them but they keep pick No. 12, which is a good result. The price was right for Yarran at No. 19, a fair and reasonable deal for both parties and he’ll add great speed and ball use off halfback along with Bachar Houli. He’s just the sort of player they were looking for.

http://www.themercury.com.au/afl-trades-2015-gary-buckenara-says-carlton-trade-winners-club-by-club-analysis/story-fnj3twbb-1227580085386

HB: Yarren - Chaplin - Houli

:lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »

Grimes - Rance - Chaplin
Yarran - Vlastuin - Houli

Real shame we didn't chase a bloke like Tomlinson to replace Chaplin. Fingers crossed Astbury can get his body right and go past him this year. Don't see a spot for Batchelor down there unless they move Vlastuin to the midfield, which is a good idea IMO...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »
no one one is going to go past chaplin, in terms of pecking order, that is. he is another newman and will be there as long as he wants.

getting your hopes up other will go past him is just setting yourself up for disappointment
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2015, 04:48:17 PM »
Another Nahas-like stuff up and he'll probably be assassinated...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2015, 05:03:30 PM »
People make me laugh- some more excited about Townsend than Yarran. There is a 95% chance Townsend will just be another Gordon type and only a 5% chance of him becoming the next Miles.

Yarran at his very best is an A grader, I don't think many could argue that. Sure he has to get his head right but I'm tipping it's easier for us to do that like we have with Dusty, than turn a kid like Townsend into an A grader. Or even a B grader.
Pick 19 for Yarran is the bargain of the century if you consider, other than Rance, who we have drafted after the first round for a very long time.

I would have loved to have been bold and traded out Astbury, Conca, Griffiths and Ellis but we didn't so we move on but surely the first 3 named are on their last chances. Ellis I just cannot stand as a footballer.

Rated it a C overall.

Ah, so he's either the next Miles or Gordon. No in between? Nothing like Chaplin, Grigg or Houli who we have turned into serviceable players? I agree with the sentiment of the chances being slim but I disagree with your conclusion of there being a better chance of turning Yarran good than Townsend. We have a relatively successful rate of turning lesser likes into serviceable players but been very poor at doing anything good with players who's issues are in their head

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »
Rated it a C overall.

Don't know where you plucked those figures from, but the facts say that he managed to get games at GWS amongst every talented kid out of the draft pools of '11, '12 & 13. Conclude how you will, I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings. Considering we picked him up for a late 4th rounder, even at your 5% chance of pushing to be an A graders, its a better shot than just a 4th round pick in a weak draft.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2015, 12:01:47 PM »

Grimes - Rance - Chaplin
Yarran - Vlastuin - Houli

Real shame we didn't chase a bloke like Tomlinson to replace Chaplin. Fingers crossed Astbury can get his body right and go past him this year. Don't see a spot for Batchelor down there unless they move Vlastuin to the midfield, which is a good idea IMO...

Looks like two squibs too many ...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »
The AFL website has us last on it's "trade ladder" ...

18. RICHMOND

Missed out on key target Treloar, but it's hard to knock the Tigers given they held their nerve and got Chris Yarran for pick No.19 and Giants inside midfielder Jacob Townsend for a steal. Should they, or could they, have done more? They will say no, but success-starved supporters can be a demanding lot.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-24/the-trade-ladder-where-did-your-club-finish

Gigantor

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »
One eyed..Did they have us last as in the worse performed during trade period or last as in the last discussed?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2015, 09:43:15 PM »

Matt Smith
Herald-Sun
October 24, 2015

RICHMOND

Yep can see us walk into a big pressure game and watch the house of cards fold.There is no place for all of them bar one. Take your pick they all come with loads of baggage.