Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 236911 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
"It got mentioned to me and I spoke to mum and dad about it and they were happy with it," Daniel Rioli said.

"To have the number Maurice wore passed on to me, it’s a big honour.

"I’m looking forward to representing it as best as I can."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-01/rioli-follows-in-footsteps-of-famous-greatuncle-and-captain-blood

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:40 AM »
What's the white square above the numbers? Some sort of new logo?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2015, 12:23:59 PM »
Good move me thinks.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2015, 01:08:29 PM »
Correct me if im wrong. 
Hasnt it been a long standing tradition to give players the number of a relative thats also played the tigers, and this is the first time under Dimma's reign that we have picked up such a player. 
I dont see this as a flip flop, its still sticking to his mantra of new kids (who have no history at the club) earning their higher numbers while also recognizing the past players and any future relative they may come along.

Steve Morris says hello 😃

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
Yeah

But. 

Morris got family connections too

Like te Freemason
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »
Correct me if im wrong. 
Hasnt it been a long standing tradition to give players the number of a relative thats also played the tigers, and this is the first time under Dimma's reign that we have picked up such a player. 
I dont see this as a flip flop, its still sticking to his mantra of new kids (who have no history at the club) earning their higher numbers while also recognizing the past players and any future relative they may come along.

Steve Morris says hello 😃

Thanks Taz, yeah forgot about him.
Well he is forgettable  :rollin

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2015, 04:02:49 PM »
Over the moon with this. Right move. Well done Richmond.

tony_montana

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »
Really happy for the kid - I'm comfortable with this decision

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 07:01:14 AM »
"Cousin Cyril Rioli won this year’s Norm Smith Medal on grand final day 23 years after Rioli’s feat on the AFL’s biggest stage" Is that meant to be 33 years.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2015, 01:12:27 PM »
The only oressure on the kid Id the pressure everyone here is putting on him.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »
Media pressure too

Maybe we should give him a longer contract now?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »
The only oressure on the kid Id the pressure everyone here is putting on him.

He'll be fine
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2016, 01:35:31 PM »
Home truths for Richmond draftee Rioli

AFL website
February 1, 2016

RICHMOND draftee Daniel Rioli will enter his first season under the watchful eye of his coach after moving in to Damien Hardwick's family home.

Rioli was snared with the Tigers' prized No.15 pick at last year's NAB AFL Draft and moved into the Hardwick residence, temporarily along with rookie Mabior Chol.

Former Tiger to don the red and black

The cousin of Hawthorn star Cyril Rioli has since stayed on with the Hardwicks as he launches what the club hopes will be another chapter in his extended family's rich football history.

"We decided to offer Daniel a place to stay, and we would have offered Mabior a place too if we had room. They're both terrific kids," Hardwick told AFL.com.au.

"Whether it's short-term or long-term we're not too sure at this stage, but he's slotted into the Hardwick house very well.

"For an 18-year-old he's very self-sufficient with the things he does, and unlike my 19-year-old son he makes his bed at stages, which is a positive!

"He's just very well-balanced in his life."

Rioli will likely be unveiled early in the NAB Challenge, with Hardwick seeking to expose his young talent to AFL football before assembling his best team in the later pre-season matches. 

There is "every chance" the youngster could make his debut against Carlton in round one if he continues a promising pre-season.

"The positives for us is our draftees have all shown us why we drafted them," Hardwick said. 

"At various stages they've all had very good weeks."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-01/home-truths-for-rioli

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2016, 12:12:09 PM »
Choco talking about Daniel Rioli ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-02-17/choco-cub-watch-rioli

* Daniel’s fantastic. He’s been like a breath of fresh air.  He’s up and about, he’s vibrant and he’s really soaking in all the atmosphere and enjoying his time here.

* He’s got great reading-of-the-ball ability, he’s fantastic offthe hands, sneaks a goal and his agility and running ability is terrific as well. There’s a lot of flair in what he does and we don’t want to detract from that.  We just want to make sure that he knows where to stand at the right times and he knows what to do in different situations and then let him do his stuff. We expect great things from him and we’re really rapt that we’ve got him at the Club. 

* We’re spending a bit of time with the three other Aboriginal boys (Shane Edwards, Chris Yarran and Nathan Drummond), just forming a little group amongst the group and I think that’s good for him as well.  He’s got some buddies to be able to bounce things off, and help each other get through the hard times as well.

* Daniel, he belongs here, and I can say to the supporters, just wait!

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-02-17/choco-cub-watch-daniel-rioli

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2016, 01:00:52 PM »
Choco talking about Daniel Rioli ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-02-17/choco-cub-watch-rioli

* Daniel’s fantastic. He’s been like a breath of fresh air.  He’s up and about, he’s vibrant and he’s really soaking in all the atmosphere and enjoying his time here.

* He’s got great reading-of-the-ball ability, he’s fantastic offthe hands, sneaks a goal and his agility and running ability is terrific as well. There’s a lot of flair in what he does and we don’t want to detract from that.  We just want to make sure that he knows where to stand at the right times and he knows what to do in different situations and then let him do his stuff. We expect great things from him and we’re really rapt that we’ve got him at the Club. 

* We’re spending a bit of time with the three other Aboriginal boys (Shane Edwards, Chris Yarran and Nathan Drummond), just forming a little group amongst the group and I think that’s good for him as well.  He’s got some buddies to be able to bounce things off, and help each other get through the hard times as well.

* Daniel, he belongs here, and I can say to the supporters, just wait!

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-02-17/choco-cub-watch-daniel-rioli
this.....