Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 232085 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2016, 11:17:32 PM »
Astbury's view of Daniel Rioli:

He’s been awesome. Super-impressive. I didn’t realise, when he first got to the Club, that he was such an impressive athlete. I’ve been really excited by him. At different stages, he’s given me headaches in match-simulation stuff because he’s really good at turning the footy over. His running ability’s enormous and we think he’s got a lot of traits that are going to see him make the transition to AFL level very quickly.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-02-17/a-tale-of-three-new-tigers

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »
The hype is resonating now. I just hope he can deliver. He will certainly have the crowd buzzing when he goes near the ball.  Can't wait for him to play and get some valuable experience in the seniors.
If he can be half the player his great uncle was, we'll be heading into very exciting times.
 :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »
He does look like a slippery customer in that training vid.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »
With Relton out with hamburger related injuries,

I would of thought rioli must play
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »
With Relton out with hamburger related injuries,

I would of thought rioli must play

:lol

You might say he's pulled a hambugerstring    :snidegrin

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2016, 06:17:13 PM »
He's a tantalising prospect but i don't expect to see much of him in 2016.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2016, 07:41:49 PM »

Would you rather grigg or hunt in a forward pocket, at jacks feet

It should be  like South African team, must have one native feller
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2016, 11:31:15 PM »

The way the club has gushed about Lloyd i would say Lloyd will play in front of Rioli atm.We all know how dimwit likes to play the older fellas.
I will be surprised if we see any new juniors get a game early.

Going by what the club have said and some of the preseason atm the only changes to the E/F will be
Yarran if fit.The run of H/b that they have carried on about. If he is not fit i think they will bring in the 22yo Broad.
Townsend or Moore. The big inside mid they have carried on about
Astbury  The third tall defender. He is a bloke they have played regularly when fit.
Lennon who was dropped for the E/F classy med fwd  Fwd line was an area of concern so they said.
Lloyd  Sml fwd that we dont have, again like Lennon was talked of being unlucky to miss the E/F. They will pick him in front of Rioli we know their history.

That is five changes right there can people really see them making more given Hardwicks history since 2012.He will be having heart palpitations just with those changes.
Who goes out Newman and then it becomes a poo fight.

Yep unfortunately i cant see any of the juniors getting games in front of dimwits favorites not in the first month at least.
Tomorrow all the kids will play against freo with little mature class around them. they will probably get belted and most will struggle to show their true worth and Hardwick will have his excuse to not play any kids come the season opener.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »

The way the club has gushed about Lloyd i would say Lloyd will play in front of Rioli atm.We all know how dimwit likes to play the older fellas.
I will be surprised if we see any new juniors get a game early.

Going by what the club have said and some of the preseason atm the only changes to the E/F will be
Yarran if fit.The run of H/b that they have carried on about. If he is not fit i think they will bring in the 22yo Broad.
Townsend or Moore. The big inside mid they have carried on about
Astbury  The third tall defender. He is a bloke they have played regularly when fit.
Lennon who was dropped for the E/F classy med fwd  Fwd line was an area of concern so they said.
Lloyd  Sml fwd that we dont have, again like Lennon was talked of being unlucky to miss the E/F. They will pick him in front of Rioli we know their history.

That is five changes right there can people really see them making more given Hardwicks history since 2012.He will be having heart palpitations just with those changes.
Who goes out Newman and then it becomes a poo fight.

Yep unfortunately i cant see any of the juniors getting games in front of dimwits favorites not in the first month at least.
Tomorrow all the kids will play against freo with little mature class around them. they will probably get belted and most will struggle to show their true worth and Hardwick will have his excuse to not play any kids come the season opener.

Nice and positive.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »
Time to tone down the preseason hype and let Daniel develop. He's not Cyril and expecting a similar entry to AFL is totally unrealistic.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2016, 10:30:06 PM »
Time to tone down the preseason hype and let Daniel develop. He's not Cyril and expecting a similar entry to AFL is totally unrealistic.
While I agree, I would like to see what he can do with better delivery into the forward line.  Our inside 50 kicking seem to pick out Freo players time and time again. Wouldn't mind seeing how he goes around Jack's feet, where the attention is on Riewoldt.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »
Another bungled pick from Hackson - dud, delist.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2016, 11:58:37 PM »
While I agree, I would like to see what he can do with better delivery into the forward line.  Our inside 50 kicking seem to pick out Freo players time and time again. Wouldn't mind seeing how he goes around Jack's feet, where the attention is on Riewoldt.
Agree with both posts - tone down the expectations & give Daniel another go at it under Jack's (Ty's, McBean's) feet.  A real marking target up forward would attract more of the long ball from the midfield, increasing the odds of a small forward finding some crumbs around goals.  Then we might see something ....   
Can anybody remember Cyril's first game ....???  I cant ...   :P
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2016, 11:59:52 PM »
A long way off senior footy. Give him a year in the magoos and reassess.

As much as I'd love to see him as a small forward immediately he's not a one touch player at this point.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2016, 04:08:03 AM »
Agree with both posts - tone down the expectations & give Daniel another go at it under Jack's (Ty's, McBean's) feet.  A real marking target up forward would attract more of the long ball from the midfield, increasing the odds of a small forward finding some crumbs around goals.  Then we might see something ....   
Can anybody remember Cyril's first game ....???  I cant ...   :P
Cyril was more renowned for his tackling and forward defensive pressure in his first year. He kicked 24 goals in 2008 (~1 per game).

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/C/Cyril_Rioli.html