Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 236898 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #840 on: August 09, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
He played well! How many times did he provide an option on the wing (as per his role) when required? Many...
His gut running was also a feature of his return last night. Some people...geez :banghead

Always take great interest on your comments/observations

But even taking on board your comments this time

I was still disappointed. Number of times refused to attack the contest, sorted back waiting for others to go the tackle. Disposal was terrible. There was one momentum killer where he tried to centre the ball into the corridor and under no pressure kicked it straight to the opposition and the got a goal....

He is a miles off the player he was on 2017 and even 2019 land he was great last year)

Yes- that kick was terrible and was just after he suffered a big knock...still no excuse. Agree he is not the player he was but, he is showing good signs of improvement. Last night he was a clear link player and he mainly played that role well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »
Rioli lifts for the occasion

Daniel Rioli was dropped after the Tigers' round eight loss to Greater Western Sydney following a quiet run of form from the dual premiership forward. In his third game back in the side Rioli provided one of the moments of Indigenous Round with his goal in the second term. The classy finish was important for the Tigers who hadn't taken their chances, but it was also kicked in front of the Maurice Rioli Stand, named after Rioli's uncle and former Richmond great. The two-time premiership Tiger finished with 16 disposals in one of his most vibrant performances of the season. 

Source: AFL website

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »
Top game by Rioli. Getting his speed back and doesn't stop working :clapping 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2020, 05:13:47 PM »
I liked his game. Got involved a lot more than he has lately and laid a few tackles which is great signs.

Two things that come to mind I didn’t like was the brain fade handpass to Castagna which he should of just spotted himself, the other was the right side boundary kick straight across the face of goal which I think we all thought he would’ve gone the banana from there.
I can only assume that both decisions at goal are all about his lack of confidence at the moment. Let’s hope he gains some confidence from this game and his performances become more consistent leading into finals.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2020, 05:24:16 PM »
I liked his game. Got involved a lot more than he has lately and laid a few tackles which is great signs.

Two things that come to mind I didn’t like was the brain fade handpass to Castagna which he should of just spotted himself, the other was the right side boundary kick straight across the face of goal which I think we all thought he would’ve gone the banana from there.
I can only assume that both decisions at goal are all about his lack of confidence at the moment. Let’s hope he gains some confidence from this game and his performances become more consistent leading into finals.  :thumbsup

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Was surprised too, after that thumping goal from about 50m. Figured surely he's on and will have those 2. If he'd kicked them both we'd be talking about him being close to BOG.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #845 on: August 27, 2020, 10:50:48 PM »
Made a few errors , but worked himself into the game.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #846 on: August 28, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
Looking better and better.

Just pull the trigger mate

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #847 on: August 28, 2020, 01:21:07 PM »
It’s amazing what confidence can do for a player and we are seeing this especially with Rioli’s game.

His tackling has improved (5 tackles) and he using his pace to pressure and create turnover (19 pressure acts).

If he keeps this up and his confidence grows we might just see the return of the most feared small forwards brigade in the competition. :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #848 on: August 28, 2020, 02:27:29 PM »
Improving with every game but his skills & decision making are still letting him down... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #849 on: September 07, 2020, 02:55:53 AM »

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: September 07, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #851 on: September 20, 2020, 04:34:46 AM »
Does anyone have Rioli's pressure stat from last night? Felt as the game went along especially in the second half that his chasing and tackling was getting back to the levels we need from him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #852 on: September 20, 2020, 05:29:36 AM »
Worked hard all night, very good game IMO

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #853 on: September 20, 2020, 05:49:48 AM »
Coming back to good form is Daniel. Hopefully he has a great finals campaign.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #854 on: September 20, 2020, 08:48:29 AM »
Not bad even considering the famous name