Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 238798 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #885 on: November 09, 2020, 01:36:26 PM »
St Mary's NTFL captain Shannon Rioli defends star Richmond Tigers cousin Daniel, saying online critics don't bother him after winning his third AFL Grand Final ...

https://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/afl/st-marys-ntfl-captain-shannon-rioli-defends-star-richmond-tigers-cousin-daniel-saying-online-critics-dont-bother-him-after-winning-his-third-afl-grand-final-v-geelong/news-story/0819452e78db138ff5ca283c9bb676d8

Online critics have no idea about what is involved to play the game. Don't look at kicks and handballs...
Rioli is a 3 time Premiership player playing in one of the greatest teams in the modern era. He plays the role asked of him by the coaches and plays it very well. I am a huge fan of what he gives to our team providing forward structure and plays our game plan perfectly. Could very well end up with more Premierships the way we are going.

The same clueless flogs who cry over letting Butler go would cry twice as hard if Rioli was let go and went to a club where he was allowed to play a more attacking and less defensively accountable game.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #886 on: November 10, 2020, 03:39:46 PM »
had a poor g/f and a poor season continues to be the most over rated player in the whole comp due to his name.

Yeah lets not look at kicks handballs or goals because they are almost non existent. He is the epitomy of the proverbial glass half full and is lauded by head in the sand supporters for simply performing a very limited role that lets face it is expected of all players.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #887 on: November 10, 2020, 04:19:11 PM »
I have been one of Dan's biggest supporters but I have been very disappointed with the last part of his season.

No flair and no urgency and in the grand final a number of times was the reason our attacking play got held up

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #888 on: November 10, 2020, 05:37:51 PM »
had a poor g/f and a poor season continues to be the most over rated player in the whole comp due to his name.

Yeah lets not look at kicks handballs or goals because they are almost non existent. He is the epitomy of the proverbial glass half full and is lauded by head in the sand supporters for simply performing a very limited role that lets face it is expected of all players.

The best coaching group in the comp don't agree with this but, each to their own :whistle

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #889 on: November 10, 2020, 05:50:39 PM »

Who else are we going to bag
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #890 on: November 10, 2020, 07:14:58 PM »

LOL, I know I shouldn't !

He is also lauded by the best coaching panel in the business.

But what would they know, chasing meaningless finals wins when we should be looking for higher draft picks

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #891 on: November 10, 2020, 07:23:53 PM »
The Dan Rioli of 2020 is nothing like the Dan Rioli from 2017

What has happened to this kid?

He moves at about half the speed and intensity.

At the end of the day he is a 3 time, so I’ll love him forever but make no mistake, if he doesn’t improve his performances, he will be overtaken by players coming through.
And I think Dimma has given him more chances than most would have.

I truly hope when his cousin comes to Tigerland, he gets that spark back. 

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #892 on: November 10, 2020, 10:36:07 PM »
The Dan Rioli of 2020 is nothing like the Dan Rioli from 2017

I agree with this. What has happened?

In 2018 I partly expected some sort of drop off due to the foot injury he suffered and coming back from it

But 2019 and now 2020?

Both this year and last he got dropped, so clearly at times the coaches weren't happy with his output

I think his GF performance in a way reflected and magnified his year. A few brilliant minutes and then some absolute awful efforts  :huh3

Also, it seems and he isn't the first player this has applied to, but the gap between his best (which is brilliant) and his worst is so wide, it amplifies the bad (if that makes sense)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #893 on: November 10, 2020, 11:12:57 PM »

Yep.

2017 great.

Crap since.

I thought it was the break up with Fevs cute daughter

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #894 on: November 11, 2020, 03:42:13 AM »
Daniel Rioli has become the youngest triple premiership player in Richmond’s history.

The top 10 youngest triple Tiger premiership players are:

1. Daniel Rioli (2017, 2019, 2020) – 23 years, 191 days.

2. Jason Castagna (2017, 2019, 2020) – 24 years, 104 days.
3. Michael Green (1967, 1969, 1973) – 25 years, 138 days.
4. Royce Hart (1967, 1969, 1973) – 25 years, 231 days.
5. Toby Nankervis (2017, 2019, 2020) – 26 years, 73 days.
6. Bryan Wood (1973, 1974, 1980) – 26 years, 177 days.
7. Francis Bourke (1967, 1969, 1973) – 26 years, 180 days.
8. Nick Vlastuin (2017, 2019, 2020) – 26 years, 188 days.
9. Kevin Bartlett (1967, 1969, 1973) – 26 years, 207 days.
10. Kevin Sheedy (1969, 1973, 1974) – 26 years, 278 days.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/834863/rioli-s-triple-tiger-premiership-record

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #895 on: November 24, 2020, 03:01:22 AM »
Mia Fevola reveals her relationship status as she breaks her silence on her two-year relationship with Richmond Tigers star Daniel Rioli.

'Daniel and I are really good friends,' she told the publication, before admitting she wasn't 'seeing anyone'. 

Mia went on to say that Daniel is still close to her family, after living with them for two years while they were dating.

'Daniel is really close to my family (he lived with them for two years while the couple were dating).' 
She continued: 'He always talks to them. I don't think he'll ever be able to get rid of dad.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8978025/Mia-Fevola-reveals-relationship-status-breaks-silence-Richmond-Tigers-star-Daniel-Rioli.html

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #896 on: November 24, 2020, 07:23:26 AM »
We don't care Mia.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #897 on: November 24, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
Another look at me Instagram wannabe.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #898 on: November 24, 2020, 11:33:17 AM »
Seeya Mia
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #899 on: December 09, 2020, 02:28:46 AM »
Interesting comment made by Konrad Marshall about Rioli. He said while Dan (and Castagna) may have a game now and then where he gets a few goals out the back, it's accepted he may go a month without having a major impact on the scoreboard. So while us supporters just look at the stats, see say just 7 touches and think Rioli's done nothing, his main contribution is actually off the ball and outside the bubble. Konrad added it's that contribution for the best interests of the team that makes Richmond special.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd