Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 238722 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #960 on: April 24, 2021, 09:15:44 PM »
Adds nothing to the side this season

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #961 on: April 24, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »
He's crap.

His efforts are weak and he's always looking for the cheap free.

FHO. Play his cousin.

Fmd I can't believe people complain about Aarts. At least the prick keeps his feet and has a go.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #962 on: April 24, 2021, 09:31:51 PM »
He's crap.

FHO. Play his cousin.

Fmd I can't believe people complain about Aarts. At least the prick keeps his feet and has a go.
Aarts is poo too!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #963 on: April 24, 2021, 09:41:11 PM »
His first 8 minutes were good  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: April 24, 2021, 09:41:28 PM »
He's crap.

FHO. Play his cousin.

Aarts is poo too!

Missed a sitter like Bolton, elsewise if he'd kicked two it would be very serviceable compared to Rioli.

Dees wings and spare man back have slaughtered us tonight. They know we want to push it forward at all costs so they have a tall dropping 50m behind the ball to kill the loose one.

Hunt and Langdon murdering us. Salem too.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #965 on: April 24, 2021, 10:39:39 PM »
He's crap.

FHO. Play his cousin.

Aarts is poo too!

Missed a sitter like Bolton, elsewise if he'd kicked two it would be very serviceable compared to Rioli.

Dees wings and spare man back have slaughtered us tonight. They know we want to push it forward at all costs so they have a tall dropping 50m behind the ball to kill the loose one.

Hunt and Langdon murdering us. Salem too.

We were smashed all over the ground tonight. Playing in our forward line at the moment is mission impossible.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #966 on: May 05, 2021, 12:36:38 PM »
We had a very good win against the dogs but i thought it a typical Rioli game. did a few nice things but the reality very little substance.

Some are carrying on about his run and chase but the occasions i saw him run hard to put pressure on he never got there in time to influence it.

To me if you are nearly always second to the ball you are going to have good pressure stats.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #967 on: May 07, 2021, 11:16:58 PM »
Liked his run and carry tonight and early pressure

Still kills momentum at times with slow ball movement which is very frustrating to watch.

Can’t wait till we see his cousin.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: May 07, 2021, 11:28:52 PM »
Try him on the wing. Can run a bit

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #969 on: May 07, 2021, 11:45:09 PM »
Building form :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #970 on: May 08, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
His first half was very good his 2nd like the rest was terrible

Couple of really poor efforts in the 3rd, which I'd describe as lacking intensity at the contest
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #971 on: May 09, 2021, 10:03:38 AM »
Try him on the wing. Can run a bit
I reckon hes been playing mostly around the midfield lately as it is.

What annoys me is people rave about his hard running and chase but what i see is a bloke who yes runs hard and chases but hardly ever gets to his opponent to stop him. even when he tackles blokes are mostly getting the ball away.

He is a far better player when he actually gets to the ball first it aint rocket science win some ball, but i reckon he is afraid of contact.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #972 on: May 16, 2021, 06:54:21 AM »
Dimma praises his pressure forward after 'tough week'

Daniel Rioli's matchwinning goal reward for effort

By Sarah Black
afl.com.au
16 May 2021

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick's worries about Daniel Rioli were put to rest as the Tiger kicked the match-winner in Saturday night’s four-point thriller over Greater Western Sydney.

Hardwick said he was concerned for Rioli following a week of scrutiny, after the small forward and teammate Shai Bolton were involved in an altercation at a night club last weekend.

"I thought he got his hands on a couple of important balls. His last quarter was quite special, I thought. It was great for him to finish with that goal that put us in front," Hardwick said.

"We had a tough week, there's no doubt. We just want to get out there and play, I was a little bit worried about him last night.

"(I called) back and forward a couple of times to see how he was feeling from a stress point of view, but he was adamant he wanted to play and played an important part in getting us over the line."

Hardwick said he hadn't received any indication from Rioli that the 24-year-old was wanting to withdraw from the side, but was concerned nonetheless.

"Not from him, more I was worried about him. The increased stress can lead to injury, but he was pretty cool, calm and collected on the phone.

"He's just one of those guys who loves playing the game. He just wanted to play. Good on him, sometimes it's good for him to tell me when he's playing and when he's not. It was a real positive for us."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/613119/dimma-praises-his-pressure-forward-after-tough-week-

-------------------------------------------------

More from Dimma talking about Dan:

Q. You said earlier about Rioli that you were worried about his state of mind. What does it say about his character than he comes out and kicks such a big goal?

Hardwick:
Well, it's funny about a guy like Daniel. Sometimes you forget what people brought to the footy club. The culture he brought, the sense of connection, the sense of family, it started around his coming. I'm not saying he's the sole reason it happened but I know from my own humble beginnings when he moved in with me and Danielle, the fact it brought out family back closer together again. What he's brought and the indigenous culture overall has brought this overall sense of connection. We've got the most indigenous players in the AFL are on our list. No doubt, no doubt, it adds to us so much and is important to the way we go about things.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #973 on: May 16, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »
I thought he was very ordinary again and that clutch goal he kicked was off the back of a ridiculously lucky bounce as he was going to be second to the ball as usual.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #974 on: May 16, 2021, 10:47:58 AM »
Under difficult circumstances he was solid and deserved the late goal. Well done Dan :clapping