Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 191040 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »
"After he began disturbing diners the young woman then beckoned Martin over to her table and suggested that given his profile, he should consider quietening down, a witness said..."The terrified woman begged “go away, please go away’’

Eff me

ch7 producer was trying to avoid trouble......by demanding a drunk person come to her table and telling him to shut up

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:28:40 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 07:44:41 PM »
Ch 7 "Producer"  :snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »
Condescending cow.

Mind your own business
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dusty up to his old tricks?
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2015, 07:46:02 PM »
And this from CH 7

EXCLUSIVE: A woman tells of her terror after footballer Dustin Martin threatened to stab her in a city restaurant.

With a chopstick

I kid you not

Well it's a "chop" stick
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
Called him over to her table.

The all-knowing TV producer.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »
I believe this is a serious issue. Chopstick related crime has been on the increase in Asia recently, it was only a matter of time before it reared it's ugly head in Australia.

http://shanghaiist.com/2014/04/15/man-stabs-taiwanese-shop-owner-in-neck-150-times.php
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-chopstick-idUSHKG33247020070705

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2015, 08:49:08 PM »
Sounds to me like he was stitched up, set up to draw out an action on his part. Even if true the way he handled it was completely inappropriate.

You need to be smarter than this Dustin or just don't drink.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »
The woman is a Ch7 employee?

Dusty was a moron not disputing that for a minute

But CH7 seriously  :facepalm

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:41 PM »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2015, 09:22:27 PM »
I believe this is a serious issue. Chopstick related crime has been on the increase in Asia recently, it was only a matter of time before it reared it's ugly head in Australia.

http://shanghaiist.com/2014/04/15/man-stabs-taiwanese-shop-owner-in-neck-150-times.php
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-chopstick-idUSHKG33247020070705

:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2015, 09:30:24 PM »
Make him sit in the stands round 1 ....can't put up with that crap.

Would never happen to Lids , Cotch , Jack or Rance.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 09:40:41 PM »
Let's not get silly
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 09:44:18 PM »
Dustin Martin apologises after restaurant altercation

Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
December 7, 2015

RICHMOND'S leaders will meet with "a deeply embarrassed" Dustin Martin this week to decide if the midfielder will be sanctioned for disruptive behaviour that saw him ejected from a Melbourne restaurant on Saturday night.

A female patron of Windsor eatery Mr Miyagi has accused the 24-year-old of threatening to stab her in the face with a chopstick after she told him to settle down.

Martin, who is known to lead a vibrant social life and has been sanctioned before for off-field exploits, was drinking at the restaurant's bar when he became unruly.

He had also been drinking before arriving and had attended the Stereosonic music festival earlier in the day.

Martin was eventually asked to leave Mr Miyagi after the altercation with the female customer, who Channel Seven identified only as "Tracey" on Monday night. 

She said she had noticed a "rather inebriated" Martin drinking shots at the bar and going "in and out of the bathroom".

After telling him to reel in his boisterous behaviour, she said the midfielder became aggressive.

"He reacted extremely angrily and was very agitated, he began swearing at me and standing over me physically. It was extremely intimidating," she told Channel Seven.

"He physically stood over me and held a chopstick above my head and threatened to stab me in the face with the chopstick.

"He said, 'Are you going to dob on me?' and I said, 'Well, I will be calling the club on Monday', to which he reacted by slamming his hand next to my head into the wall, which at that point was obviously extremely terrifying."

The Tigers said on Monday afternoon Martin's apology to the woman had since been accepted.

"Regrettably, I was intoxicated and that in itself is completely unacceptable," Martin said.

"I do however take responsibility for my behaviour and I am deeply embarrassed.

"If anything I have said or done has caused anyone to feel threatened then that is totally inappropriate."

Martin, who started summer training late last month after a long off-season spent largely with Collingwood midfielder Dane Swan, will now face the club's leaders over the indiscretion.

It was in the middle of 2012 Martin was suspended for two weeks after missing training in an incident that saw former Tiger Daniel Connors – who had a list of prior off-field issues to his name - sacked.

The two players allegedly consumed sleeping tablets the night before and slept through their alarm.

Martin was fined in August this year for making a lewd gesture to the Collingwood cheer squad during the Tigers' win over the Magpies in round 21.

He had previously been fined for making a handcuffs signal in the Tigers' 2013 elimination final loss to Carlton.

The explosive midfielder was runner up to Alex Rance in the Tigers' best and fairest this season after averaging 26 disposals and kicking 24 goals across every game.

It was the third-straight season in which he finished in the top-three of the Jack Dyer medal count..

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-07/dustin-martin-apologises-after-restaurant-altercation

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Martin 'unacceptably' drunk (3aw)
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 09:46:17 PM »
Caro on 3aw ...

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/3914048-caroline-wilson-with-the-latest-on-chapel-street-incident-involving-dustin-martin

---------------------------------------------------

Dustin Martin 'deeply embarrassed' by incident on Chapel Street

3aw
    December 7, 2015 - 9:36PM

Fresh details have emerged about an incident involving an apparently "blind drunk" Dustin Martin at a Chapel Street restaurant on Saturday night.

The Richmond ace has been accused of threatening to stab a woman with a chopstick.

Martin apologised on Monday for his actions.

But Caroline Wilson revealed on Sports Today the woman in question was a Channel 7 employee and "wasn't all that happy" the story went public.

"She didn't particularly want to go public but was put under pressure, that's what I'm told," Wilson revealed on 3AW.

"That doesn't mean it's not true.

"I've got no reason to disbelieve her, Richmond has no reason to disbelieve her.

"Clearly, if she decides to take the matter further - which she had not been planning to do - then Dustin could be in trouble with the police.

"You can't threaten to stab someone, even if it's a chopstick.

"He (Martin) was absolutely blind drunk and apparently doesn't remember a huge amount of what happened."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/dustin-martin-deeply-embarrassed-by-incident-on-chapel-street-20151207-glhmj1.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »
Unconfirmed reports about there being another Richmond player involved too.