Author Topic: Clubbed Corner  (Read 7623 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Clubbed Corner
« on: June 08, 2004, 12:03:05 AM »
mfaooooooo@how depressing this show has become. Just a few things that were said if anyone is interested:

The charge against Wayne Campbell for striking Brent Harvey has been dropped.

Greg Miller was on, and was talking about various things. He said the loss on the weekend can be attributed to the team being down on confidence and the media attention and the off-field issues playing in players minds. Mentioned Chaffey and Tivendale as a couple of players who can play but who are going through a bit of a form slump and need to be helped through it by the club. He talked about changes being made at the end of the year and having to balance complex issues when thinking about who to let go, e.g contract and money issues.

lmfaooooo, there was a caller who called in and went through the duds on the list and who should be traded. Was particularly ropable on Fletcher and Fleming as being Carlton rejects. Greenburgoebbels didn't even bother to argue with him. Another bloke called in who sounded so shattered they had to rush him off the air before he collapsed into tears.  lmfaoooo, poor bastard.

froars

Re: Clubbed Corner
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 07:56:17 AM »
hahaha thanks John.  Wish i had the energy to have stayed up, but i was unconscious by 10pm lol

The positive out of that post John is that you mention that there are still a couple of Richmond supporters out there who care about the club.  From what i notice around my circle of Tiger friends, support for the club is there, but the enthusiasm is dwindling. 

Me being a classic case.  I think I've been to about 4 games this year and they were all home games.  I find it very difficult to get the enthusiasm up to go to away games at Telstra Dome on a Saturday night.  I hate the place. 

I luv the club, but every new drama now just seems to not affect me any more.

We need a psychiatrist down at the club to get the fans motivated again - oh yeah, and the players too.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 11:00:27 AM »

We need a psychiatrist down at the club to get the fans motivated again -.

6 months supply of valium issued with your membership would be a good start.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 12:33:39 PM »
We need a psychiatrist down at the club to get the fans motivated again -.

6 months supply of valium issued with your membership would be a good start.

They could always offer to rip members’ hearts out on purchasing a membership.  That could solve a lot of problems.  But the main advantage would be that it could save thousands of souls from the associated grief that having an emotional attachment to RFC can and probably will cause.

For those souls who had their hearts ripped out a long time ago, they could have promises made of more grief to come and they wouldn’t care anyway.  They’d be saying, bring it on.  8)  8)

Then there’s the category whose hearts have turned to stone.  They just don’t care any more.  Only a miracle could restore their enthusiasm.  They’re anticipating an onslaught in this category any time soon.  I hope the membership department is ready for them.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 01:04:02 PM »
For those souls who had their hearts ripped out a long time ago, they could have promises made of more grief to come and they wouldn’t care anyway.  They’d be saying, bring it on.  8)  8)

Then there’s the category whose hearts have turned to stone.  They just don’t care any more.  Only a miracle could restore their enthusiasm.  They’re anticipating an onslaught in this category any time soon.  I hope the membership department is ready for them.

How sad is this? I am not sure which category I fall into at the moment.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

2JD

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 01:17:24 PM »
well my heart hasnt turned to stone yet, try as i might to say i dont care it still affects me greatly when we get thrashed like we do.  Its a very good thing my family cant read minds tho, a very respectable mum of 4 walking round saying f... f... f...f...f...!!!!!! wouldnt be a good thing!

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 01:33:26 PM »
well my heart hasnt turned to stone yet, try as i might to say i dont care it still affects me greatly when we get thrashed like we do.  Its a very good thing my family cant read minds tho, a very respectable mum of 4 walking round saying f... f... f...f...f...!!!!!! wouldnt be a good thing!

My mind reading needs a bit of work 2JD, but I don’t know how bad it can be to hear your mum saying “flippin’ flogged footballers floundering faultlessly”?

Sounds respectable enough to me. ;)  ;D

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 02:17:03 PM »
Greg Miller basically said we have too many introverts in the team - especially in the senior group.  he said too many are not confrontational and that it spreads through the team.  He outlined Tivendale and Chaffey.  You can also add Ottens, Gaspar, Kellaway, Coughlan, and Campbell to the list of introverts.  He said the fact that so many are of this type is definately affecting the leadership.

Miller said he will be aiming to attract kids who are natural extroverts, who are confrontational.  He said that Daniel Jackson is this type and is quite excited with him - he kicked 6 goals for his school and playing very well.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 02:46:33 PM »
Greg Miller basically said we have too many introverts in the team - especially in the senior group.  he said too many are not confrontational and that it spreads through the team.  … He said the fact that so many are of this type is definately affecting the leadership.

I can’t remember exactly where or when, but I heard this a few years ago as well.  Yet we’re still dealing with it.  Seems we’re good at identifying problems, just not that flash at solving them.

Miller said he will be aiming to attract kids who are natural extroverts, who are confrontational.

I think Miller had Brent Hartigan on that list too, HH.  If he didn’t have that going for him, I doubt he would have played every game so far and would have every right to have lost confidence and belief in himself by now.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 02:55:37 PM »
Greg Miller basically said we have too many introverts in the team - especially in the senior group.  he said too many are not confrontational and that it spreads through the team. 

Miller said he will be aiming to attract kids who are natural extroverts, who are confrontational.  He said that Daniel Jackson is this type and is quite excited with him - he kicked 6 goals for his school and playing very well.

If you look at the list the only extroverts would appear to be Richo, Stafford, Brown Johnson and when he had confidence Rodan.
 :-\

Ox

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 03:18:32 PM »
Good point.

I've always thought we lacked a couple of cowboys on our list.

Softest most feminine list in the comp.

Miller is the man,just give him time.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 03:28:23 PM »
Greg Miller basically said we have too many introverts in the team - especially in the senior group.  he said too many are not confrontational and that it spreads through the team.  He outlined Tivendale and Chaffey.  You can also add Ottens, Gaspar, Kellaway, Coughlan, and Campbell to the list of introverts.

It takes all types of players to make a good team and just being an extrovert doesn’t make a great player, or ensure you have a better team.  Players who possess other qualities, such as self-motivation and ambition are capable of playing outside their comfort zone, whether they be extroverts or introverts.

Cogs might be an introvert off the field, but I don’t know if you would say he plays the game that way.  But, something tells me that he hasn’t scratched the surface yet, of what he is capable of, and if he had someone who could get that extra out of him, and anyone else for that matter, you could hope to see the difference out on the field.

But we’ll just turn a blind eye to any ability players might possess, that we won’t get to see, because we don’t know how to get it out of them, and deflect the responsibility and buy some more time for ourselves.

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 03:59:11 PM »

Wat does natural extroverts mean???

Anyway good work to daniel jackson he is a shining light of our future.
wrenny

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 04:11:26 PM »
Wat does natural extroverts mean???

Wrenny,

An extrovert is an out going person, a live wire, an assertive person

Regards
WP

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 04:18:25 PM »
If Miller means we need big bodied players who put the fear of God into the opposition and don't crumble when the pressure is applied, then I totally agree with him. If he means we need outgoing show-off types, then I disagree. The players can be deaf, dumb and mute for all i care, as long as they fight to the death and play consistently well.