Author Topic: Australia vs Uruguay  (Read 6726 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Australia vs Uruguay
« on: November 12, 2005, 03:48:55 PM »
Everyone seems pretty confident we'll get through this time which is surprising. I still think we're very much the underdog. If we make it Gus Huddink truly is the master manager. It's one thing to beat a Jamaica but it's another to beat a match-hardened South American team.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Australia vs Uruguay
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:14:44 PM »
A decent effort from the Socceroos in the way they played although our defence still goes into "rabbits in the headleads" mode when under pressure and the goal we gave away was as usual a soft one.

Still we lost so I don't know why the so called "experts" here are excited. One goal to Uruguay in the return leg and we're basically stuffed as we would then need to score 3 goals.

And please Guus - no slow Tony Vidmar in defence :help.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:58:19 PM »
We got screwed over by that call, sideline ref payed a free to us, the other umpire overruled it!

Is there like a conspiracy to keep us out of the World Cup?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:44:43 AM »
We got screwed over by that call, sideline ref payed a free to us, the other umpire overruled it!

Is there like a conspiracy to keep us out of the World Cup?

Being in Oceania, we are a minnow when it comes to the World Cup. The European and South American conferences dictate what happens. After this we might get a bit more say in Asia. No more of these one-off sudden death qualifiers every 4 years :thumbsup.

The linesman changed his mind on that free when his flag snapped ::). It should of been a free to us as Uruguay player cut out Chipperfield's run; not the other way around. In any case we should have never conceded that goal. Very slack marking at the far post when we knew Recoba swings in crosses to the far side.

As for the Danish referee, he did a good job apart from that IMO. In the past, referees have been sucked in by the home crowd in South America. That penalty decision turned down in the second half might have been paid by another referee and we would have been stuffed. 

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 12:16:28 AM »
Cop that!  ;D

Referee was so biased aswell, and we still won!

Viduka chocked big time, funny and sad at the sametime!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 01:01:24 AM »
That was devine :lol. So much for Recoba's prediction. Guus the mastercoach does it again!

It wouldn't be an Aussie goal without a miskick lol.

LOL @ the crowd giving the Uruguayans heaps and even more :thumbsup.

Apologies to Tony Vidmar. Took his 4th go at qualifying but he made up for all his past efforts with a great game alongside Lucas Neill on the last line.

And to all those idiots that bag Kewell's commitment to play for Oz, he shut you up tonight. Simply awesome when he came on.

Penalty shootouts are still a stupid way to decide such important games, and thank gawd Aussie rules doesn't have to end games that way, but the Aussies were the better side so justice was done.

Wir gehen nach Deutschland  :cheers

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 01:32:51 AM »
Wir gehen nach Deutschland  :cheers
Und haben Sie Geschlecht mit heißen deutschen Frauen!  :rollin

Kewell does lack commitment to play for Oz in general, sure he'll play the world cup qualifiers, but whenever a friendly game comes around, his always "injured".  ::)

The guys got game though!

Btw, Переводчики интернета трясут, теперь я могу поговорить как commy и noone может понять im говоря! :thumbsup
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:41:06 AM by Razorblade »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 12:40:53 PM »
Kewell does lack commitment to play for Oz in general, sure he'll play the world cup qualifiers, but whenever a friendly game comes around, his always "injured".  ::)

When he was with Leeds that happened because Soccer Australia was weak as. At that time we were playing our home friendlies in Oz so it was silly to fly half way around the world to play in a one-off meaningless games usually against another minnow. Now at least we play regular friendlies in London so it's only a 1-2 hour trip for our European based players. And since Kewell's moved to Liverpool he's played in every international except when truly injured.

Btw, Переводчики интернета трясут, теперь я могу поговорить как commy и noone может понять im говоря! :thumbsup

Wenn die Vorsitzenden überprüfen, was Sie mit einem On-Line-Übersetzer gesagt haben  ;).

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 02:32:58 PM »
He didn't play in the England one i don't think, could be wrong!

Wenn die Vorsitzenden überprüfen, was Sie mit einem On-Line-Übersetzer gesagt haben ;).

Internet-Übersetzer saugen an Rückzwar übersetzen!  :banghead :banghead

Tiger für Premiere 2006!  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 08:24:04 PM »

And to all those idiots that bag Kewell's commitment to play for Oz, he shut you up tonight. Simply awesome when he came on.

I am not the greatest soccer fan but because I understand heartbreak and pain when following "football" I've always watched Aussie world cup qualifiers and I have to say that was the best game I've seen Harry Kewell play :thumbsup

Penalty shootouts are still a stupid way to decide such important games, and thank gawd Aussie rules doesn't have to end games that way, but the Aussies were the better side so justice was done.

Aint that the truth - penalty shotouts are just not fair on either team (though I'll take the win ;)) with the away goal rule not far behind

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 10:19:04 PM »
Agree WP about the away goal rule. We could have won 2-1 last night yet been eliminated ::).

He didn't play in the England one i don't think, could be wrong!

He scored in it :thumbsup. Got past two defenders then ran wide around the keeper and slid it home.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 11:58:21 PM »
lmfaoooo@having a coach called goose.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 01:23:02 AM »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 01:24:49 AM by mightytiges »

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 01:42:16 PM »
roflmaoo!

Did anyone catch John Travolta in the socceroos dressingroom after the game?

They players were arm in arm in a circle with him adnd singing "You're the one that I want, you are the one I want, ooh ooh oooh!"

lmfaoooooooooo! Gayest scene ever.

Ox

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 02:10:46 PM »
Nothing better than having the biggest sissy in hollywood in your dressing rooms after a game ::)