Author Topic: Hardwick  (Read 2973 times)

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
Hardwick
« on: April 01, 2016, 11:41:57 PM »
This clown has drained our players of any flair, attack or natural football instinct.  Why the heck would both Vickery and Lloyd look to offload when they are 25m out from goal and their job is to kick goals?

Why does it take to the last qtr to play Jack deep in the fwd line, he is near on the best key forward in the game and he's running through the middle of the ground. For stuffs sake play him deep and leave him there, opposition backs get nervous as hell when deep on him.

Why would Vickery as one of our best set shot goal kickers pass the ball off to Lloyd in a contest when he is 40m out, go back and kick the goal. 

We have no flair, no run, no natural attack as all Dimma wants to know about is defending, well mate unless you change what you're doing then you'll be out of a job before you know it.  The game is about attacking and scoring, we push up and have no structure for when we win the footy in the back half and are left to either bomb the ball or just give it straight back to the opposition.

We can't play both C.Ellis and Menadue in the same side, not yet anyway. Connor poo himself on a couple of occasions tonight.  We don't score enough and yet you won't play Lennon, a natural goal kicker.

Anyway enough is enough Dimma, you're single handedly taking away any chance we've had of any sort of success in the past 30 years through your stubbornness.

Either change it up and be daring or just concede and do the honourable thing and pee off
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:44:54 PM by one-eyed »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Hardwick
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 11:44:59 PM »
Bravo

It's not gonna happen tho.

He's a stuffn dud and has the support of the dud admin.

It's all in the motto "Stability in mediocrity"
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 12:03:58 AM »
Premature re-signing till 2018.

The league change the rules to make the game quicker and higher scoring and Dimma is playing footy Sydney style circa 2003.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 12:05:10 AM »
Booooo
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 08:37:16 AM »
The guy is a stuffing moron
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 08:56:10 AM »
Dark Siders,

I am ready......

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »
We need to cut loose this Adelaide connection from our football department which I believe is the source of our coaching/recruiting issues. We have to look to others who have a different philosophy and understand the nuances of the modern game and the way it is developing moving forward. As another poster mentioned we are purely treading water these days, other teams are passing us with their game plans and we when we do make any changes we simply copy other styles and then do it badly to boot. Don't get me wrong Hardwick has done a great job turning us around list wise during compromised drafts and then getting us to consecutive finals appearances but quite frankly I think we have squeezed him dry and what we need now is beyond his coaching ability and the same goes for those around him. Do we need to get to the point of desperation like the Demons before we realise that major changes are needed to get us heading in the right direction. The granting of Hardwick's extension was akin to the same dumb error by Vickery last night and a number of his teammates. Maybe dumb mistakes are like a cancer running through the club and behind the scenes dumb decisions are costing us big time as they are on the field.

Before its too late I think its time that instead of the usual yes we made mistakes and we will fix it up next week situation we instead need to really sit down and start treating the problem and not the symptoms. We simply have the wrong game plan for the current times and we don't have the cattle to execute the type of gameplan we need, if we keep convincing ourselves we do then we are doomed to failure and we may as well kiss this season and the next two goodbye.

dwaino

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 10:26:40 AM »
I want to like Hardwick for rebuilding a basket case into a competitive side during the hardest time in modern football to do so. That is the expansion sides using some draft picks we should have had on players we could have had. Might be a different story if those clubs didn't happen and we had 3 or 4 better players from those drafts now hitting 100-150 games. He isn't a bad coach but he clearly can't take us any further and I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting that and it isn't a reason to pot the bloke. Only the best can squeeze the most out of their second tier and plodders and we need someone experienced like that who can do something with this list. I have no suggestions and I'm struggling to care at this point but that's my 2 cents at the moment.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »
Lozza, at a guess I'd say no matter how bad the results we will see Hardwick coaching at least until deep into 2017.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 10:31:26 AM »
I want to like Hardwick for rebuilding a basket case into a competitive side during the hardest time in modern football to do so. That is the expansion sides using some draft picks we should have had on players we could have had. Might be a different story if those clubs didn't happen and we had 3 or 4 better players from those drafts now hitting 100-150 games. He isn't a bad coach but he clearly can't take us any further and I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting that and it isn't a reason to pot the bloke. Only the best can squeeze the most out of their second tier and plodders and we need someone experienced like that who can do something with this list. I have no suggestions and I'm struggling to care at this point but that's my 2 cents at the moment.

Agreed. But I still really care, unfortunately.

dwaino

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 11:34:34 AM »

Agreed. But I still really care, unfortunately.

I do enough to watch the games and read feedback but they have just left me feeling so numb that I'm not sure if I care what happens from here. I'm not feeling angry or upset, only a little disappointment but it's that sort of disappointment when I forget to record a TV show or something.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »
Merge thread please mods

These multiple threads with the same title play havoc with the search engine

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »
Worsfold has managed to coach a win for the Bummers when many thought they would go winless for the season. Goes to show that good coaches can make things happen with the cattle they have. Cant imagine us being able to get close with two thirds of our side missing, we struggle with three players missing.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 04:54:42 PM »
Worsfold has managed to coach a win for the Bummers when many thought they would go winless for the season. Goes to show that good coaches can make things happen with the cattle they have. Cant imagine us being able to get close with two thirds of our side missing, we struggle with three players missing.
And more than likely we will lose to Melbourne, even The legendary Tommy Hafeys death wouldnt get us over the line.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 04:55:08 PM »
how many years did Worsfold sign for ??
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus