Author Topic: An unfortunate positive from last nights loss.  (Read 1898 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
An unfortunate positive from last nights loss.
« on: April 02, 2016, 11:41:05 AM »
After mentioning that Jayden Short's performance on debut was the only positive for the night, I have come up with another one.

A win would have covered up the glaring deficiencies in our personnel and game plan. A loss puts the blow torch on the team and Hardwick.
He needs to put a line through certain players that have stamped their papers never to return.

One is Taylor Hunt. Sorry, he offers us nothing at all. He used to offer run. He doesn't offer that now. He is a total liability. At one point I had him down as one of Collingwood's best!

Others are on notice. Ben Griffiths. He is only saved because he had an ok game against the blues and because our ruck stocks are so poor.  What has happened to his marking? He can't even catch a cold at the moment. He provides no physical presence because of this too. What is happening to him? Maybe big tone was right after all. I apologise to the big man if this is so.

Brandon Ellis gets the ball a zillion times but he rarely hurts the opposition by foot. He provided one good run last night that saw the ball have a rare moment of what someone would call good transition.

Hampson played his best game for us last night but he is hardly the future. You just know he is going to miss any set shot. :banged

There are too many others to mention. We have become soft team. Afraid to go in for the ball and put our head over it. We need more elite kicks in the side.

FFS, look what happens when you bring in someone who can kick in Short!!! Bring in Lennon. Bring in Butler. Both of those guys are good kicks and are extremely skilful.

Just don't keep doing the same thing and end up with the same results.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: An unfortunate positive from last nights loss.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »
After mentioning that Jayden Short's performance on debut was the only positive for the night, I have come up with another one.

A win would have covered up the glaring deficiencies in our personnel and game plan. A loss puts the blow torch on the team and Hardwick.
He needs to put a line through certain players that have stamped their papers never to return.

One is Taylor Hunt. Sorry, he offers us nothing at all. He used to offer run. He doesn't offer that now. He is a total liability. At one point I had him down as one of Collingwood's best!

Others are on notice. Ben Griffiths. He is only saved because he had an ok game against the blues and because our ruck stocks are so poor.  What has happened to his marking? He can't even catch a cold at the moment. He provides no physical presence because of this too. What is happening to him? Maybe big tone was right after all. I apologise to the big man if this is so.

Brandon Ellis gets the ball a zillion times but he rarely hurts the opposition by foot. He provided one good run last night that saw the ball have a rare moment of what someone would call good transition.

Hampson played his best game for us last night but he is hardly the future. You just know he is going to miss any set shot. :banged

There are too many others to mention. We have become soft team. Afraid to go in for the ball and put our head over it. We need more elite kicks in the side.

FFS, look what happens when you bring in someone who can kick in Short!!! Bring in Lennon. Bring in Butler. Both of those guys are good kicks and are extremely skilful.

Lol  :lol
Apology accepted.
As I said in another thread, McIntosh was very good last night too. 

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 11:50:29 AM »
Thought Assbury was good

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 01:03:01 PM »

l wrote about Hunt in the other thread  :banghead He will be dropped

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 01:26:14 PM »
Thought Assbury was good

2 solid weeks in a row for Astbury. Starting to think he could be a competent kpd.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 01:37:15 PM »
Unfortunately another injury prone player on the list. Yes he has been good for 2 weeks but even last night he looked concussed after a collision, just seems destined to never have an extended run of games, hopefully for his sake I am wrong.
Thought Assbury was good

2 solid weeks in a row for Astbury. Starting to think he could be a competent kpd.

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »
No positives for mine, it's Groundhog Day

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 02:13:01 PM »
The true positives are all the negatives
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »
What's the probability of the coach doing something positive about it that doesn't involve bringing back Chaplin, Batch and Morris?

I'm in favour of getting rid of Griff, but is TV capable of giving Hammer a cut-out in the ruck?

If Griff goes, would it mean Chaplin in as a forward?

Batch for Grimes seems likely.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »
What's the probability of the coach doing something positive about it that doesn't involve bringing back Chaplin, Batch and Morris?

Agree need to bring back Jim Jess, Francis Bourke and Matthew Knights instead

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 08:43:09 PM »

Agree need to bring back Jim Jess, Francis Bourke and Matthew Knights instead
The sad thing is they'd probably still be better than the blokes they do bring in!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »
"Positive"....  :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 11:12:44 AM »
yes, of course, short's game was also a negative ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 11:45:06 AM »
Everything in life is awful and how dare you try and tell me otherwise

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 04:38:34 PM »
Everything in life is awful and how dare you try and tell me otherwise

You meant to say everything in life is beautiful when Richmond loses.

#notarealsupporter

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018