Author Topic: Rift in playing group - leadership  (Read 2043 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Rift in playing group - leadership
« on: April 03, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
I have it on good authority that:-

1) The playing group is torn over the captaincy being with cotchin and not Jack. Jack is seen as an on field leader and Cotch is not respected (apparently)

2) There are serious concerns about our game style from a lot of the players (source would not elaborate on whom). They feel the game has gone from a possession style to free flowing attack and view the current game plan from the coaching staff as outdated, difficult to implement and conducive to losing.

Passing on the info. Do what you will with it.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rift in playing group - leadership
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »
Perhaps Jake King can go into Dimmas office on Monday morning and ask for his resignation.

This thread has the life expectancy of a fruit fly.
Unleash the tornado

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 07:21:57 PM »
If the players are that torn over Jack not being captain, I think he should be, then why didn't they vote him into the leadership group? Is Jack that polarising with the group?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »
The problem with that is that Jack wasn't even voted as part of the leadership group. So clearly he wouldn't get enough votes.

My personal view is that Lids should have been captain, with Cotch as vice. And then Jacko, Maric and Reiwoldt rounding out the leadership group.
Cotchin had the potential to be our best player but since the captaincy he has well..... not lived up to the expectations.
I'm not sure outside of Lids who should be capt aside from Vlastuin being a future candidate and I emphasize future.. he is not ready.

Someone throw me a suggestion within our playing group? Or an external target please
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »
I'd make Rance captain.
I know he had a poor game but he is our best, most composed player.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »
Said it elsewhere Friday was April fools day

It only comes around once a year  :lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 08:37:09 PM »

1) The playing group is torn over the captaincy being with cotchin and not Jack. Jack is seen as an on field leader and Cotch is not respected (apparently)

2) There are serious concerns about our game style from a lot of the players (source would not elaborate on whom). They feel the game has gone from a possession style to free flowing attack and view the current game plan from the coaching staff as outdated, difficult to implement and conducive to losing.

Sorry Dooks but that is the biggest load of rubbish I have seen posted in a while.
How about I say that I have another good source that says that nothing like that is going on.
Poor skills or execution of them would make any game plan look crap. I go to games and watch them live and it wouldn't matter if we played like the Bulldogs, we'd still lose. Our players are making poor decisions and then executing them badly. I'm not a big fan of our game style shown but for all I know, that's not even the way Hardwick wants the team to play. The team is not gelling at the moment. Key injuries in both front and back halves as well as ruck has unsettled the team.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 08:38:55 PM »

Sorry Dooks but that is the biggest load of rubbish I have seen posted in a while.
How about I say that I have another good source that says that nothing like that is going on.
Poor skills or execution of them would make any game plan look crap. I go to games and watch them live and it wouldn't matter if we played like the Bulldogs, we'd still lose. Our players are making poor decisions and then executing them badly. I'm not a big fan of our game style shown but for all I know, that's not even the way Hardwick wants the team to play. The team is not gelling at the moment. Key injuries in both front and back halves as well as ruck has unsettled the team.

Post what you want and source whom you like (as you've done). Fine with me

Passing on what I've been told.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 09:51:32 AM »
I'd make Rance captain.

Can't make a bloke captain when he doesn't want to train before Christmas. Our best player by a mile, but not a captain.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 09:57:36 AM »
I'd make Rance captain.

Can't make a bloke captain when he doesn't want to train before Christmas. Our best player by a mile, but not a captain.

Agreed.
I don't think that will happen again which changes that dynamic
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.