Author Topic: Deledio training with a miniature sized football to overcome quad injury (Fox)  (Read 796 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio has been training with a miniature sized football to overcome quad injury

Sarah Olle
Foxsports
8 April 2016

RICHMOND star Brett Deledio has been training with a miniature sized football in his quest to overcome a quad injury.

The injured Tiger is yet to play a senior game this year, after being managed through the preseason.

While he said he was doing everything within his power to fastrack his return, his quad was struggling with the weight of a regular sized footy.

“I’m running, no worries, but kicking is holding me back,” he told AFL Tonight.

“If the AFL would change the rules and change to a kid’s sized footy, I’m right to go. But unfortunately, we’ve got to kick with a full sized footy.”

“I’m just progressing with a little footy, then I’ll go to a big one and kick 10m, 20m, 30m — it will just heal slowly.”

The 28-year-old’s absence has done little to quash the notion that without Deledio, the Tigers are easy beats.

Despite winning, Richmond were unimpressive against Carlton in Round 1. But the Tiger’s failure to capitalise on their momentum against Collingwood last weekend remains the most disappointing.

Deledio said he was desperate to get back on the field and take the hits with his teammates.

“I don’t think I’m that far away,” he said.

“I did 40-odd kicks today and I didn’t feel too much pain, I felt pretty good.

“It’s very frustrating at the moment. When I first did (my quad), I thought hopefully two weeks. But it’s taken a little bit of time to heal.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-media-watch-brett-deledio-has-been-training-with-a-miniature-sized-football-to-overcome-quad-injury/news-story/4e256a64e092cf1510cd08a6dab4a57c

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Cutting edge therapy.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
If a show of support for their fallen comrade

Hamspud, Chappy and grigg are training with miniature brains
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Auskick starts this weekend, perhaps they can learn how to ice the clock there  :snidegrin
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Can not wait for Lids to be fit and firing again. God i miss what he brings to the team

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lids has upgraded to kicking the adult footy now ...

But Hardwick said Deledio was only a "slim" chance of taking on the Eagles.

"He did kick the big ball today, which is a little bit exciting for us," Hardwick said, referring to Deledio's tailored rehab program where he had been limited to kicking child-size footballs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-09/tigers-found-short-again-hardwick

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
WGAF, in this day and age if any team in the comp has to rely on one player to win a game then they are in a world of pain.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
WGAF, in this day and age if any team in the comp has to rely on one player to win a game then they are in a world of pain.

Good point and I think that is why in this rebuild phase they are blooding a whole lot of kids together eg Cellis, Menadue, Rioli,Short etc etc