Author Topic: Reckon they've made the right call but....  (Read 3009 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Reckon they've made the right call but....
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 11:59:55 AM »

Maybe I am just being too nice....... :banghead :banghead

Always remember

"It's nice to be important but it important to be nice"

:sarcasm
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 12:02:06 PM »
If they've decided to blood new players and regenerate the senior player list, then I think they have made the right call.
This is what Dimma mentioned yesterday and it makes some sense.
Chaplain, Morris, Hampson, Batchelor, Conca, Griffiths, Hunt & Maric all need to be delisted/retired/put down
B Ellis, Vickery, Grigg, Houli should be moved on ideally through trading (even if contracted).
There's another 4 or 5 fringe players who have 19 games to prove themselves.

That's on field.

If we're honest - we need to go through the same regeneration off field and review:-
*Recruiting key list needs, Treloar, Myers, Bennell (maybe), Parker etc
* identifying obvious list deficiencies - ruck and pace. I am stunned at the ruckman we have allowed to go to other club
* player development - this has been okay but we lack collective composure under pressure from our leadership group. I know they've tried some things but it hasn't worked well enough
* gameplan - another poster covered this so I won't detail the issue only to say it seems like we've not adapted at all to a faster style of play. Ironically I remember Lids talking about "fast footy" before the 2015 season. I reckon our game plan would've won us the flag in 2012-2014 with the right talent
* making money - a big tick but a one dimensional one and now that is at serious risk because of points 1,2&3

I don't think we should get rid of everyone but if we're going to "take full responsibility" then let's get Hartley, FJ, Richardson, Gale, Hardwick and co accountable for the general lack of progress since 2013.

Richmond have the players but they play a game plan that is not suited to them. This is why they fall over themselves during the game. They beat the premiers 2 seasons running & also have the scalps of Sydney often. They about even with Freo the last few seasons & only 20 points off the Eagles. It dont matter if you had the whole seconds list out there. If the game plan is backwards & sideways crap football instead of using your huge forwards for marking & small forwards to crumb, going fast & direct to them. You may as well forfeit the game & not even bother. Vickery, Junk time Jack, Griffiths, Lloyd, Edwards, Rioli, Martin is a feared forward line if played correctly. Backwards & Sideways football over works the midfield & backline & when the pressure is really on they make silly mistakes & bad decisions. They are over used & fatigued. l know this cause l have coached alot of football & what l see in Richmond are players who have too many possessions & fatigued time wasters who can't make a good decision amongst the back 6. Forwards can't get score on the board if they are frustrated from making lots of wasted leads & energy.  You can cut your list to ribbons but they been trying that for 36 years. If this list can beat Hawthorn 2 years running think about it a little more what the real reason is. Richmond players are very fit, Very skilled, But they are fatigued by a game plan that don't make sense to me & many others.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 12:02:47 PM »
How can they articulate it better when the coach says this.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

Just just elevates him to grand poohbah fkstick.

Incredible

What more can you say really

The bloke should be committed and studied for delusions of grandeur.

It's one thing believing his own delusions but trying to pass them into us....R u for real idiot?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »

Maybe I am just being too nice....... :banghead :banghead

Always remember

"It's nice to be important but it important to be nice"

:sarcasm
;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »
If they've decided to blood new players and regenerate the senior player list, then I think they have made the right call.
This is what Dimma mentioned yesterday and it makes some sense.
Chaplain, Morris, Hampson, Batchelor, Conca, Griffiths, Hunt & Maric all need to be delisted/retired/put down
B Ellis, Vickery, Grigg, Houli should be moved on ideally through trading (even if contracted).
There's another 4 or 5 fringe players who have 19 games to prove themselves.

That's on field.

If we're honest - we need to go through the same regeneration off field and review:-
*Recruiting key list needs, Treloar, Myers, Bennell (maybe), Parker etc
* identifying obvious list deficiencies - ruck and pace. I am stunned at the ruckman we have allowed to go to other club
* player development - this has been okay but we lack collective composure under pressure from our leadership group. I know they've tried some things but it hasn't worked well enough
* gameplan - another poster covered this so I won't detail the issue only to say it seems like we've not adapted at all to a faster style of play. Ironically I remember Lids talking about "fast footy" before the 2015 season. I reckon our game plan would've won us the flag in 2012-2014 with the right talent
* making money - a big tick but a one dimensional one and now that is at serious risk because of points 1,2&3

I don't think we should get rid of everyone but if we're going to "take full responsibility" then let's get Hartley, FJ, Richardson, Gale, Hardwick and co accountable for the general lack of progress since 2013.

Richmond have the players but they play a game plan that is not suited to them. This is why they fall over themselves during the game. They beat the premiers 2 seasons running & also have the scalps of Sydney often. They about even with Freo the last few seasons & only 20 points off the Eagles. It dont matter if you had the whole seconds list out there. If the game plan is backwards & sideways crap football instead of using your huge forwards for marking & small forwards to crumb, going fast & direct to them. You may as well forfeit the game & not even bother. Vickery, Junk time Jack, Griffiths, Lloyd, Edwards, Rioli, Martin is a feared forward line if played correctly. Backwards & Sideways football over works the midfield & backline & when the pressure is really on they make silly mistakes & bad decisions. They are over used & fatigued. l know this cause l have coached alot of football & what l see in Richmond are players who have too many possessions & fatigued time wasters who can't make a good decision amongst the back 6. Forwards can't get score on the board if they are frustrated from making lots of wasted leads & energy.  You can cut your list to ribbons but they been trying that for 36 years. If this list can beat Hawthorn 2 years running think about it a little more what the real reason is. Richmond players are very fit, Very skilled, But they are fatigued by a game plan that don't make sense to me & many others.

Two very very good posts right there
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 12:30:30 PM »
All this talk crap again and loving the talk about Dea, how many times last year did most of us call for him to be given a crack.....best in the two's week after bloody week and that fool hardwick played Chaplin. Stupid decisions from stupid people at a stupid club.. :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »
Lol if we still had Dea he'd be our whipping boy. He'd make Astbury look like a crowd favourite

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 11:36:12 PM »
Yep. Dea is arse.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 12:24:48 AM »
Agree

Indeed

Yet why not 1-2 years ago, why now

:huh :huh :huh

Bizarre
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 12:27:16 AM »
Yep. Dea is arse.

Current options:  Morris, bachelor, houli, b Ellis

Out of position vlastuin

Out if position rance, aa CHB playing on smalls

Dea is better small lock down defender than our current options. Without sacrificing a good player fr a role he's not suited too

List managmwt holes every where.  Ruck. Key defender small defender.

The nutters are runnin the nuthouse
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 06:38:14 AM »
Yep. Dea is arse.

Current options:  Morris, bachelor, houli, b Ellis

Out of position vlastuin

Out if position rance, aa CHB playing on smalls

Dea is better small lock down defender than our current options. Without sacrificing a good player fr a role he's not suited too

List managmwt holes every where.  Ruck. Key defender small defender.

The nutters are runnin the nuthouse
I agree.
Dea is a better backman than Batch, Chaplin, Elton, Houli, Ellis and Morris. He is a very good mark and can play small and tall. He also contributes on the way out.
I'm not saying he is a star but he deserved to be on our list before some that still are.
Good luck to him and as he is showing at Essendon is can easily play at the level. 

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 06:42:15 AM »
Arse is still arse

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 06:48:08 AM »
Arse is still arse

Problem is Morris, Bach

Really ars

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 07:22:43 AM »
Let's take Benny Gale as one example.
A wonderful administrator and has done a great job bringing solidarity to the club.
Remarkable job given our history.
Making money, building great infrastructure for the club and playing group to be set up for success.

But can he make a truly tough call?
The solidarity he has built might be a rod for his back. At some point the results need to takeover the blind faith - look at Qantas. Alan Joyce had an unbelievable backing of his board but he eventually delivered results commensurate with that faith. Remember how resolute the Qantas board was when Joyce had pilots, flight attendants, shareholders, media nailing him to the cross a few years ago?
I'd say Benny is enjoying faith across the board but this year must be a pivotal year - particularly if the season goes belly up.
Either he needs to make some tough calls on his off field team or his board need to do the same to him. Or the members will to be board.
Faith doesn't come at any cost.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 10:49:35 PM »
Blair Hartley - has had how long to build the list?
Why, why, why is he still at the club wallowing in the filth that is his playing list?
Someone get Mr Wolf because our playing lists brains are splattered on the back windscreen 
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.