Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 6, 2016  (Read 14502 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 6, 2016
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2016, 10:49:38 PM »
I went with the family again.

I'll be going to Hawks game with two colleagues (why oh why)

Then I'll drop right off

Takes me 2hrs to get to the G

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2016, 05:56:57 AM »
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse - it does  :P  ;D. Port were terrible and we're missing Gray, Wingard, Lobbe and Trengove. It just goes to show we're the worst performing side in the league right now. If the proverbial doesn't hit the fan now, it will if we continue to dish this crap up and cop floggings from the Hawks and Swans before being "embarrassed" by Essendon in the Dreamtime game. Many supporters/members around us that usually go every week, won't be going to these games because of the sub-standard trollop the side is serving up this year. This malaise is going to cost the Club $$$.

Plenty of horrid and/or Benny Hill moments to pick out last night but the worst for mine was when we simply switched the play to a HBF and about 7 Port mids had run hard across to the Southern stand wing while our mids were still stuck on the MCC wing slowly jogging in a group 40m behind them. We're so slooooooow, lazy, selfish, rudderless and dumb, and are carrying a stack of spuds who should not be in an AFL side. Time to forget this year and play the cubs.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2016, 06:08:23 AM »
Oh well. What can you say. I think enough have been said since the loss to the Pies. Nothing left now. Can't see another win though for a very long time. If at all. :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2016, 07:45:09 AM »
If Sam "look at me, look at me" Lloyd plays another game for us I'll dead set spew up

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2016, 08:52:31 AM »
Have not been to a game all year for the first time in 20 years I'd say. Granted I was away for the first 2 but since then zip and will continue until I see wholesale changes.

A friend said to me why do you go for?

Do they put in 100% for the members on and off the field ? If the answer is yes then go. If not then why waste your time.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »
If Sam "look at me, look at me" Lloyd plays another game for us I'll dead set spew up

He likes playin with his hair
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Swooper

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
On a slightly positive note, we were missing many players with experience, some of whom are good. Rance, Vlas, Grimes, (Lambert), Yarran, (Drummond??), McIntosh, (Conca).  Good or not so good, all would have been helpful. Too many young players who need more experience around them. Look at how long it has taken GWS and GC to get any good and they have needed a raft of experienced and good players to be with them to get anywhere. And GC lose by 20 goals. That being said, our recruiting remains in an abysmal state. Dumma said we did not execute his plan. But we didn't have the executioners. As everyone says, the following will never be great: Morris, Vickery (in la la land most of the time), astbury, b Ellis etc etc

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2016, 09:46:06 AM »
Terrific, just terrificTM

As part of my IS package we had our first prematch briefing last night

Game plan got explained to us. Have to say it made perfect sense. Sounded good, very good if executed correctly and properly

Issues becomes our players can't or won't execute it.

Heard Grigg on 3AW driving home said we played DUMB. Heard Hardwick's pressed on AW as well, he said we played dumb, we failed to execute basic skills. Although he took responsibility for the mess we are in what disappointed me most was when he said he still has faith in his list. Why? You say they play dumb and in the next breath say you still have faith in them. The only ones you should have faith in are the kids, as they are likely to do the right things and at least try execute the game plan (just like George tried too)

The others? Time to lose the faith and drop them

Would rather lose with the kids playing than a number of senior blokes on show last evening
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2016, 10:01:05 AM »

Game plan got explained to us. Have to say it made perfect sense. Sounded good, very good if executed correctly and properly

Heard Grigg on 3AW driving home said we played DUMB. Heard Hardwick's pressed on AW as well, he said we played dumb, we failed to execute basic skills. Although he took responsibility for the mess we are in what disappointed me most was when he said he still has faith in his list. Why? You say they play dumb and in the next breath say you still have faith in them. The only ones you should have faith in are the kids, as they are likely to do the right things and at least try execute the game plan (just like George tried too)

Would rather lose with the kids playing than a number of senior blokes on show last evening

So WP is the game plan we want to execute sound and its a player issue only?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2016, 11:00:17 AM »
Also wanted to say C Ellis had a dip last night.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2016, 11:08:48 AM »
Its all good to have a game plan but you need to SELECT the right players to achieve it.

Not having Rance in the side is probably the be all and end all of Hardwicks genius plan.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2016, 11:10:51 AM »

Who drafts, trains, coaches game plan?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2016, 12:29:19 PM »
A game plan has to be suited to the cattle you have, keep hearing the word dumb and its a word I have used quite a bit to describe our group of players. It seems very obvious to me that we simply don't have the necessary qualities of the players currently on our list to actually execute the game plan. So as i see it if the game plan is so good then we need to recruit specific players who can and will execute or alternatively we need an altogether new game plan that is customised to make best use of the squad we have. Unfortunately continually trying to ram a square peg into a round hole is doing no one at the club any favours.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2016, 12:40:39 PM »
Cotchin was best and stood up tonight

My stuffing arse

And yet you all pot the usual suspects. Grigg had a crack. Where was his skipper

Grigg was the only one who had a crack.

Cotchin was pathetic

Well you now know why he was off his game. He stayed out there & didn't sook & still led the players off in front of the angry mob

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Cotchin was best and stood up tonight

My stuffing arse

And yet you all pot the usual suspects. Grigg had a crack. Where was his skipper

Grigg was the only one who had a crack.

Cotchin was pathetic

Well you now know why he was off his game. He stayed out there & didn't sook & still led the players off in front of the angry mob

Big balls