Author Topic: Travis Cloke to Richmond? [merged]  (Read 21733 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Travis Cloke to Richmond? [merged]
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2016, 08:39:29 AM »
At the risk of no holds barred abuse (which I can handle  ;D) Im not sure what all the fuss is about. At his best, he's a massive upgrade on Vickery and Griffiths - at least he has a friggin tank.
At worst, he plays a year in the reserves and gets delisted.
What is a better alternative?
Don't tell me it's anyone on our list and no one is available of any quality.
If he could get himself fit, he's running would allow Jack to play further back inside 50 and takes a tall defender away from double teaming Jack inside 50..

The only issue is what we trade for him - which should be stuff all.

What we need is a talented, young KPF who can develop for 2-3 years before taking over.

Yeah fair point spose.  Must be tough at the pies competing against jesse white and mason cox for a spot
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2016, 09:19:03 AM »
At the risk of no holds barred abuse (which I can handle  ;D) Im not sure what all the fuss is about. At his best, he's a massive upgrade on Vickery and Griffiths - at least he has a friggin tank.
At worst, he plays a year in the reserves and gets delisted.
What is a better alternative?
Don't tell me it's anyone on our list and no one is available of any quality.
If he could get himself fit, he's running would allow Jack to play further back inside 50 and takes a tall defender away from double teaming Jack inside 50..

The only issue is what we trade for him - which should be stuff all.

What we need is a talented, young KPF who can develop for 2-3 years before takixng over.
I guess it's because he has done SFA for the last 2 years as their number 1 forward. I know everyone compares his output to Ty and Ben but they are not our number one forwards. Jack is. Ben spends half the time around the ground and rucking. They've now done this to Cloke and he's been hopeless. Sure he may play the odd good game but we already have that with the 2 younger players mentioned.

Look what happens when we introduce kids. They inject excitement. The only thing the Clokes may introduce is excrement.

Cloke is a pootruck in  a long line of pootrucks we have recruited from other clubs, I dont pay my membership to watch pootrucks from other clubs, I would prefer to watch our drafted pootrucks

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »
Can get Richo to fix his goalkicking yips  :snidegrin

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2016, 10:12:02 AM »
Desperate times calls for desperate measures. 

Can we just hurry up with the inevitable and sack hardwick and his mate dan.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2016, 10:54:49 AM »
I know everyone compares his output to Ty and Ben but they are not our number one forwards. Jack is.

No point comparing him to Jack, rather the bloke/s he's going to replace. So it's apt to compare him to Vickery and Griff. Saying that, I doubt he'd replace Griff. It'd be a Jack, Cloke and Griff line up for sure. Unless they have Moore penned in for more ruck duties :lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »
Almighty Dimma will play cloke and Tyrone

:bow
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Ruanaidh

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2016, 11:12:59 AM »
It's time to grab the torches and pikes..!!!!!

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2016, 04:41:06 PM »
cloke well what can we say if it wasn't for davids wife he may have been a tiger from the world go... he maybe the stay at home target get jack like he is up the ground I think he could be of more value then ty even interesting to see ty wear the glove on sunday maybe telling dimma I can wear and play like cloke as well hahaha

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2016, 04:54:33 PM »
Will never get the stank of collingwood off of that family now.  They are dead to us.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2016, 05:43:03 PM »
As much as I hate Cloke I'd be happy to see him backing up Jack and at least taking another KPD off him so he's not 1 vs 2 or 3 all the time.

Just need Cloke to trim up a bit. He's too slow.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2016, 07:21:43 PM »
As much as I hate Cloke I'd be happy to see him backing up Jack and at least taking another KPD off him so he's not 1 vs 2 or 3 all the time.

If you truly hate him the mere sight of him, you wouldnt dare tolerate him in our holy jumper

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2016, 07:24:42 PM »

If you truly hate him the mere sight of him, you wouldnt dare tolerate him in our holy jumper

Just because I hate him doesn't mean he's not a good player. Question is whether or not he can be serviceable for 2-3 years.

I'm not silly enough to hate anybody to the point that I'd never let them play for RFC. Club comes first 😊

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2016, 07:29:33 PM »

Just because I hate him doesn't mean he's not a good player. Question is whether or not he can be serviceable for 2-3 years.

I'm not silly enough to hate anybody to the point that I'd never let them play for RFC. Club comes first 😊

Just like old man cloke hey
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »
Im just hoping C.moore or Elton kick a bag of 8+ tomorrow so we can put this cloke nonsense to bed.

Will he help us win a GF? no, so i would forget about him and put our efforts into developing C.Moore and Chol and trying to land Tomlinson or Patton if we want a more mature body up there. Lennon still has currency and will net us a top 20 pick

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2016, 08:10:33 PM »
Can't gets game at Collingwood because he's finished.
Hope and pray it doesn't happen.