Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 175108 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]
« Reply #1260 on: September 22, 2019, 04:04:16 AM »
But there is no more devastating a tale than that of Deledio – a great of the Richmond football club and a stalwart of GWS – who beneath his selfless pride for teammates past and present, has had his dream replaced by a personal nightmare.

Deledio walked out on his beloved club Richmond to chase a premiership in the twilight of his career at GWS, only for the Tigers to climb Everest the year after he left.

He was at the MCG when GWS were beaten by the premiership-winning Tigers back in 2017, and couldn’t even bring himself to watch the grand final.

In a powerful interview with Fox Footy’s Neroli Meadows last week, Deledio – gone for the year with a calf injury – thought he would be better this time around if Richmond went onto win another flag without him – but there was no preparing for the gut-wrenching anguish of how it has now played out.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/brett-deledio-speaks-about-his-footy-heartache-family-tragedy/news-story/475dadf2ff04e978d68b54219fb6c199

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]
« Reply #1261 on: September 22, 2019, 09:31:04 AM »
The thing I got out of that interview on Fox was yes he and his family had had a completely poo time over the past 12 months or so with the deaths in the family but for me it didn’t excuse the fact that he left us (which I am totally ok with) but to say he couldn’t watch the GF and be happy for his mates who he had spent 10 years with disgusted me. They teach you to be selfless at AFL clubs and to me Lids hadn’t learnt a thing. And I reckon he played like that too.

As much as he wasn’t a Tiger anymore he should have swallowed his self pity and been happy and proud of his mates.

Just my take.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1262 on: September 22, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
He's always been a jerk. Good player but a jerk. Selfish and self-obsessed.

It's all a big pity party. What about meeee?

Complete opposite of Richo!