Author Topic: Barrett's 'goss' on Richmond on the footy show tonight  (Read 6513 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Barrett's 'goss' on Richmond on the footy show tonight
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:15 PM »
Rance is a legend
It's not his job telling our development coach what he can or cannot do!

There are other ways of voicing your concern.
Footy is about passion. Nothing wrong with questioning people sometimes if you don't think something is right. It's not as if we aren't in a position where questions need to be asked.
No big deal in my opinion. I actually hope it did happen.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »
Rance is a legend

I would argue he is an on field coach

Rance > choco

Perhaps the angel Gabriel told him to speak up for his Sudanese brethren
Well, he wasn't on the field at the time....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 11:01:50 PM »
Rance is a legend

I would argue he is an on field coach

Rance > choco

Perhaps the angel Gabriel told him to speak up for his Sudanese brethren
Well, he wasn't on the field at the time....

Probably never will be

Gotta find a spot for Hampson and Chaplin

Rance is passionate and frustrated.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Barrett's 'goss' on Richmond on the footy show tonight
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 11:10:53 PM »
Rance is passionate and frustrated.
someone need to have words to his missus then.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »
Not much of a clash re: Choco VS Rance sounds like a nothing

Two players whinging to officials. Whoopdy do, it's the truth and the truth hurts!

Players and coach against Rance starting training in Jan? Big stuffing deal! He's still probably our best player on the list even with half a pre-season in him. This is as pathetic as the GCS players asking Gary to lift his game LMAO he carries you idiots how about YOU lift!?!?

According to Barrett tonight on the Footy Show:

* There was a public clash between Mark 'Choco' Williams and Alex Rance during VFL match last Saturday. Choco shouted out at Chol during 2nd qtr. Rance told Choco that wouldn't help Chol. Williams told Rance that he (Alex) knew little about couching and Choco didn't take kindly to being told how to coach. Rance diffused the situation by walking away. Everyone has moved on now.

* Two players went to club officials needing to raise issue over Dan Richardson's comments about mature/recycled players being to blame.

* Players and coach were against Rance starting training in January.

* Barrett said it all reflects the division and mixed messages coming from within the club over who runs the footy department.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 12:36:16 AM »
According to Barrett tonight on the Footy Show:

* There was a public clash between Mark 'Choco' Williams and Alex Rance during VFL match last Saturday. Choco shouted out at Chol during 2nd qtr. Rance told Choco that wouldn't help Chol. Williams told Rance that he (Alex) knew little about couching and Choco didn't take kindly to being told how to coach. Rance diffused the situation by walking away. Everyone has moved on now.

The master developer can't handle a little criticism. Maybe he's on edge because he's been put on notice :shh

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 06:38:41 AM »
If all this is true we a basket case of a club and Gale and Peggy need to wake up and sort it out and not sit down behind closed doors and show some courage and make some hard decsions.The club look's divided to me getting alot of mixed messages and not on the same page and the players look lost playing under Dimma.

Agree but the problem is that the club in particular Hardwick do not acknowledging there are any significant concerns and appear to be in a bubble which shields them from reality.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 07:13:01 AM »
Williams told Chol his effort in a marking contest was poor.........it was poor. Good coaching as far am I'm concerned.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 07:14:04 AM »
Rance is a legend

Footy is about passion. Nothing wrong with questioning people sometimes if you don't think something is right. It's not as if we aren't in a position where questions need to be asked.
If footy was about passion then he would have begun training before January.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 08:08:36 AM »
Rance is a legend

Everyone is different mate. Some people live and breath AFL and some don't. He obviously loves the RFC but he also has other things in his life he has to be mindful of. His wife and family being one.
He got extended leave off the club because they decided he needed it for one reason or another and that's good enough for me. But questioning his passion because of it is a bit unfair IMO. He plays with more passion than anyone at our club. He is exactly the sort of person that all rules don't apply too, not because of his talents on the footy field but for how he lives his life. He has shown full respect for the clubs decision by coming back in great shape and working extra hard when he was back to catch up to the rest of the playing group.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 09:20:42 AM »
Rance is a legend

Everyone is different mate. Some people live and breath AFL and some don't. He obviously loves the RFC but he also has other things in his life he has to be mindful of. His wife and family being one.
He got extended leave off the club because they decided he needed it for one reason or another and that's good enough for me. But questioning his passion because of it is a bit unfair IMO. He plays with more passion than anyone at our club. He is exactly the sort of person that all rules don't apply too, not because of his talents on the footy field but for how he lives his life. He has shown full respect for the clubs decision by coming back in great shape and working extra hard when he was back to catch up to the rest of the playing group.
Agree with you here bt, but I still think he was out of line questioning the development coach on how he should approach a player who did the wrong thing on field. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 10:11:35 AM »
Rance is a legend

Well how about this:
Rance got extended leave from the club therefore he should bear that in mind when criticizing the coaching staff.

Rance is suspended for a stupid act, he should bear that in mind when he criticizes someone else for what he sees as a stupid act.

Players are not untouchable and I feel as though this is being accepted as "passionate" because we are one and five and the coaching staff are being blamed for this.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »
Rance is a legend

Agree with you here bt, but I still think he was out of line questioning the development coach on how he should approach a player who did the wrong thing on field. :thumbsup
Especially when Rance did the wrong thing the week before.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2016, 11:09:21 AM »
Rance is a legend

Especially when Rance did the wrong thing the week before.

THe week before rance saves about ten goals vs melbourne. Same as every game

Sounds to me, like rance did the right thing

Rance is an all australian and probably te best defender on Australia. This overrides not running the tan in November IMO. He can say what he wants for mine
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 11:11:47 AM »
Williams told Chol his effort in a marking contest was poor.........it was poor. Good coaching as far am I'm concerned.

Perhaps new age rance is a fan of constructive constructive critical instead Of bagging people

Given chol is a young Sudanese kid maybe he is wired differently that others. Maybe what's rance was getting at