Author Topic: Alternative to draft system  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Alternative to draft system
« on: May 07, 2016, 10:08:00 AM »
I think we all know while the draft system is supposed to be a team equalizer that it doesn't really work so what I am proposing is a new system.

I think that the two bottom teams each year should be able to do one straight player for player swap for exact positions.

For example if the RFC came second last this year and West Coast came second we should be able to nominate a straight swap for say Hampson for NicNat, or if Adelaide came second then Hampson for the Big Sauce.

I think this would be a far better equalizer system than the draft.

Thoughts?

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alternative to draft system
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
Sounds horrible

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 10:21:48 AM »
Crap thread, merge it with the other draft threads, Clearly chuck is in meltdown mode, no doubt preparing the chicken crap now and tearing up her membership.

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 03:00:19 PM »
I think we all know while the draft system is supposed to be a team equalizer that it doesn't really work so what I am proposing is a new system.

I think that the two bottom teams each year should be able to do one straight player for player swap for exact positions.

For example if the RFC came second last this year and West Coast came second we should be able to nominate a straight swap for say Hampson for NicNat, or if Adelaide came second then Hampson for the Big Sauce.

I think this would be a far better equalizer system than the draft.

Thoughts?
LOL how funny would that be.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »
No more ludicrous than, say, if a club tanked, their coach admitted it and all they got was a slap on the wrist which the AFL then promptly gave back twenty fold, all before buying them a gun CEO and a top line premiership coach...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:31:19 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.