Author Topic: Dimma's post-match media conference / We looked 'like a bunch of schoolboys'  (Read 1533 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
* Was that a perfect storm, Dimma?
It [injuries] wasn't ideal. Fact is they blitzed us early and they were good early and we weren't. Fumbled the ball, didn't handle the conditions and we were made to look like a bunch of schoolboys.

* Game was over at 1/4 time. Sure we missed some goals but it was 7 inside 50s to their 20.

* We'll worry about next week when it arrives.

* Morris - ACL.

* Grimes - hamstring tightness.

* Vlastuin - concussion.

* Griffiths - ankle (Dimma didn't say how severe but the vision earlier showed the ankle heavily swollen)

* We got smashed in the 3rd qtr. Got annihlated at stages in the centre clearances. Losing Vlastuin and the others hurt but we've still got to be better than that.

* We got first use via Hampson but having the dominant ruckman actually made us a sitting duck. Every time Cotchin got the tap receive, North smashed him as there was no support.

* You get smashed in both contested ball and tackles you don't win.

* We've got to get back to playing good footy. We've been okay the past few weeks without being great.

* We've got to make changes. We've got emerging talent in the VFL and we'll look to those. He said he can't pick the same side after that.

* Hopefully we'll respond next week against Gold Coast. Tonight was unacceptable.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:50:37 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Insulting to schoolboy footballers, really think a schoolboy rep team would trouble us at the moment.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Got smashed in the midfield. So it boils down to not having the big body blocking midfielders to protect the ball carriers.
Our mids were absolute rubbish tonight. Watchers while the Roos run run run No excuses we need players like Townsend who was to play this role to stand up & be a man  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers looked 'like a bunch of schoolboys': Hardwick

AFL.com.au
4 June 2016

RICHMOND was made to look like a "bunch of schoolboys" according to coach Damien Hardwick, who could do little more than shake his head as his injury-ravaged side succumbed to a hungry North Melbourne at Blundstone Arena on Friday night.

Hammered to the tune of 70 points by the table-topping Kangaroos, the Tigers were never in the hunt in Hobart and suffered a horrendous injury toll to add even more misery to their disastrous trip south.

"The fact of the matter is I thought they blitzed us early and we didn’t stand up to the pressure," Hardwick said.

"We fumbled the ball and didn’t handle the conditions well as compared to North, and were made to look like a bunch of schoolboys."

Things didn’t start well for the Tigers when they lost Dylan Grimes to a hamstring strain right before the match, but when Steven Morris ruptured his ACL just 10 minutes into the opening term the writing was already on the wall.

A failed concussion test by Nick Vlastuin and ankle injury to Ben Griffiths meant the Tigers played much of the second half with just one fit player on the bench, but by then the game was well beyond their reach having conceded six goals in the third term, including five majors in a 10-minute period just after half-time.

"From our point of view, after the first quarter, centre bounce - I thought we got smashed," Hardwick said.

"In that third quarter I think they kicked six goals from memory, (and) we just couldn't get the ball out of the centre bounce.

"Centre bounce I thought we got annihilated at various stages.

"I just thought they outhunted us and out-tackled us. We tackled well inside our forward 50, but through the middle of the ground we didn't.

"They're 10 and one for a reason. They win contested ball, they win tackle counts."

Richmond hosts Gold Coast at the MCG next weekend in what looms as a winnable match and, while injury is certain to force his hand to some extent, Hardwick suggested there would be plenty of movement at the selection table following Friday's showing.

"We've got to make some changes, obviously, because it was nowhere near good enough," he said.

"The situation is that if you play like that I can't pick the same side.

"It's a disappointing performance. Make no bones about it. We were very disappointed in the fundamentals of the game and it's unacceptable."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-04/tigers-played-like-a-bunch-of-schoolboys-hardwick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Game over after 30 minutes: Dimma (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 04:55:45 AM »
Game over after 30 minutes: Dimma

Herald-Sun
4 June 2016

DAMIEN Hardwick was so disappointed with Richmond’s performance against North Melbourne he thought the Tigers were gone after the first 30 minutes.

The Tigers were crippled by injuries to Dylan Grimes (hamstring), Steven Morris (knee), Nick Vlastuin (concussion) and Ben Griffiths (ankle), but Hardwick said that had little baring on the 70-point loss.

“You can sit there and say we got some injuries, but the reality is they were very good early and we were poor. We fumbled the ball, didn’t handle the conditions well and they made us look like a bunch of school boys,” Hardwick said.

“It wasn’t ideal but the fact is they blitzed us early and we didn’t stand up to the pressure. Their pressure was very good. It felt as if the game was over at quarter-time.”

“They’re the No.1 pressure side in the competition. They are now 10 and one for a reason — they win contested ball, they win tackle counts. If you look at percentage stats I think six out of their 10 games they have won both the contested ball and tackle.

“We got annihilated in both of those, never going to win.”

Hardwick said the Tigers were smashed in the centre clearances in the third quarter and battled the clear the ball from defence cleanly.

Richmond also laid 33 fewer tackles despite being thrashed.

“I just thought they out-hunted us and out-tackled us,” he said.

Hardwick said the early signs were Morris would require a full reconstruction after he landed awkwardly early in the first quarter.

Nick Vlastuin suffered concussion just before halftime and Ben Griffiths was stretchered off with an ankle injury in the third quarter, which left the Tigers with just one fit player on the bench for the final quarter.

The injuries added to Dylan Grimes hurting his hamstring just minutes before the bounce at Blundstone Arena and Hardwick said he might turn to the young guns at Punt Rd after the disappointing performance by his senior players.

“We have some emerging young talent that we might have a look at this week because the situation is if you play like that I can’t pick the same side,” he said.

“We have a few down there at the moment which is promising for us. Without singling blokes out, they play on Sunday I think, so we’ll go and look who those blokes are.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/damien-hardwick-said-richmonds-hopes-were-dashed-after-30-minutes-against-north-melbourne/news-story/3fcf390f7cb6cb54a1dfa9fac63f2969

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia

* We've got to get back to playing good footy. We've been okay the past few weeks without being great.

:lol no we haven't, we struggled to beat team 17 and 18 who are tanking
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The one thing that really makes me angry is the lack of care for each other and the pure lack of effort. Our players just refuse to work hard and gut run. They are just lazy and soft/scared it's plain and simple. The captain gets manhandled and not one player stepped in to help him.

Its utterly disgraceful to wear our jumpers and play like scared little school Boys.

Apologies to Rance, Miles, Cotchin, Morris, Reiwoldt, Vlastuin and maybe one or two others. The rest of your team mates are letting you down and they need to be told so.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
"Bunch of schoolboys " is a very accurate analogy.

I bet North request to play us twice every year .....they know they have us beaten before a ball is bounced.
Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

Did anyone just hear him on Sen? 

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Yes. Said we could still make finals, that he was happy with the rebuild over his tenure (and wouldn't change anything if he could) and doesn't  believe the club should properly bottom out as they can add talent and still try to get to finals each year
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Jackstar 1960

Seriously Dooks
Grow up
So many injuries have destroyed us
By the way , Lids played injured last night 😉

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Wrong dimwit . Bunch of schoolgirls is what they are
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish

So many injuries have destroyed us

yep thats the reason ... lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Yep...12 goals worth of injuries....even though we already about 9 goals down when most of them happened....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
And dimmer is the headmaster.
Caracella and Balmey.