Author Topic: Hardwick on SEN / We can still make finals: Defiant Dimma (H-Sun)  (Read 2831 times)

tony_montana

Re: Hardwick on SEN / We can still make finals: Defiant Dimma (H-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 07:23:49 PM »
for them to make the finals, let alone win one, how many more games can they afford to lose?

we will need to win 9 of our last 11 to make it. no chance

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
Dimma is trolling us...... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 08:49:58 PM »
Dimma is trolling us...... :shh

It's as if he is deliberately antagonizing the good folk of OER.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma: I still believe in our players (SEN)
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »
Dimma: I still believe in our players

Justin Talent
SEN
05 Jun 2016

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick believes his side can still play finals footy this year and trusts that his current playing group can do the job despite an increasingly worrying injury list.

Richmond was handed their seventh loss of the season by ladder leaders North Melbourne by 70 points, ending a three-win streak and severely denting their hopes of making the top eight.

This has been further impacted by a significant injury toll, with Steven Morris, Dylan Grimes and Ben Griffiths the new names to be added to a list that already includes Bachar Houli, Reece Conca and new recruit Chris Yarran, who is still yet to play a game in the yellow and black.

However Hardwick believes that the youngsters coming in to fill the shoes of the injured players can make a mark.

“I’ve got belief in the group, there’s no doubt about that,” he said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“Some of the guys are not playing as well as what we would like but I’ve also got faith in the younger guys coming through.”

The Tigers coach confirmed that this means the Tigers will continue to try and recover their poor opening half of the season and try make their fourth consecutive finals appearance, stating that his side’s best footy was still in front of them.

“We’re not playing anywhere near as well as we can, we’re well below expectation… I still feel our best footy is in front of us,” said Hardwick.

“We have probably never had our best side available to pick. Most sides haven’t to be frank and we need to make sure we perform better with the players we have on the park. We’re off it, we’ll get better and we’ll keep striving to where we want to go.

“We are still firmly in the belief if we get everything right we can challenge for the eight. It’s tough, we know that, but we’ve done it before. We’ll back ourselves in and give ourselves every chance”

Hardwick says that questions will be asked of all aspects of the side as the Tigers prepare to bounce back against Gold Coast at the MCG next Sunday.

“We’ll question the way we played, we’ll question the way we coached and we’ll question the way the players came out and performed,” he said.

“That happens on a weekly basis and it’s a performance based industry and at the moment we’re well short.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/dimma-i-still-believe-in-our-players

-----------------------------------------------------

Hardwick stressed the injuries were no excuse for the loss to North Melbourne, but yesterday admitted the interrupted seasons of Grimes and others had hurt the Tigers’ season.

“(Alex) Rance is our best defender, there’s no doubt ‘Grimsey’ is our second best,” Hardwick told SEN on Saturday.

“He’s incredibly underrated by those in AFL circles. I think he’s played four games for us so we haven’t had the consistency of his performance, which is probably the reason our backline hasn’t quite functioned the way we’d like it to.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/richmond-can-still-make-finals-says-a-defiant-damien-hardwick-despite-seventh-defeat-of-the-season/news-story/4e52826508afc564a5aacc4fed4699df

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dimma: I still believe in our players (SEN)
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 07:06:40 PM »

Justin Talent
SEN
05 Jun 2016

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick believes his side can still play finals footy this year and trusts that his current playing group can do the job despite an increasingly worrying injury list.

Richmond was handed their seventh loss of the season by ladder leaders North Melbourne by 70 points, ending a three-win streak and severely denting their hopes of making the top eight.

This has been further impacted by a significant injury toll, with Steven Morris, Dylan Grimes and Ben Griffiths the new names to be added to a list that already includes Bachar Houli, Reece Conca and new recruit Chris Yarran, who is still yet to play a game in the yellow and black.

However Hardwick believes that the youngsters coming in to fill the shoes of the injured players can make a mark.

“I’ve got belief in the group, there’s no doubt about that,” he said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“Some of the guys are not playing as well as what we would like but I’ve also got faith in the younger guys coming through.”

The Tigers coach confirmed that this means the Tigers will continue to try and recover their poor opening half of the season and try make their fourth consecutive finals appearance, stating that his side’s best footy was still in front of them.

“We’re not playing anywhere near as well as we can, we’re well below expectation… I still feel our best footy is in front of us,” said Hardwick.

“We have probably never had our best side available to pick. Most sides haven’t to be frank and we need to make sure we perform better with the players we have on the park. We’re off it, we’ll get better and we’ll keep striving to where we want to go.

“We are still firmly in the belief if we get everything right we can challenge for the eight. It’s tough, we know that, but we’ve done it before. We’ll back ourselves in and give ourselves every chance”

Hardwick says that questions will be asked of all aspects of the side as the Tigers prepare to bounce back against Gold Coast at the MCG next Sunday.

“We’ll question the way we played, we’ll question the way we coached and we’ll question the way the players came out and performed,” he said.

“That happens on a weekly basis and it’s a performance based industry and at the moment we’re well short.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/dimma-i-still-believe-in-our-players

-----------------------------------------------------

Hardwick stressed the injuries were no excuse for the loss to North Melbourne, but yesterday admitted the interrupted seasons of Grimes and others had hurt the Tigers’ season.

“(Alex) Rance is our best defender, there’s no doubt ‘Grimsey’ is our second best,” Hardwick told SEN on Saturday.

“He’s incredibly underrated by those in AFL circles. I think he’s played four games for us so we haven’t had the consistency of his performance, which is probably the reason our backline hasn’t quite functioned the way we’d like it to.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/richmond-can-still-make-finals-says-a-defiant-damien-hardwick-despite-seventh-defeat-of-the-season/news-story/4e52826508afc564a5aacc4fed4699df
The backline has functioned the way it's supposed too with guys like Chaplin, Astbury, Hunt, Houli, Batchelor and BEllis in it. Not one of those guys would get a game in a top 8 side in their backline. Not one!!
Can anyone defend any of them as a true AFL standard defender?
Throw in CEllis who is not a natural defender and only in his 10 odd game and simply put, we are easy to score against.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dimma: I HAD A DREEAM!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 07:21:09 PM »

Justin Talent
SEN
05 Jun 2016

But they don't have any belief in your yesteryear gameplan or lack thereof

Yet, the only they get an "opportunity" is when the playing group is decimated by injury, regardless of the individuals consist efforts in the VFL. If not for injury, we would NEVER had seen Miles. It's your way....play the faves.....or perhaps the ones you think believe In your plan

You mean, they're not playing anywhere near as well as they USED TO BE ABLE TO....because time has passed and the game methodology has changed, dimmer, even so much within the last two years. To those in the know, you only ever offer cliched rebuttals

Now, that is just pure stuffn bull poo.
Deal with it.

A challenger for the eight???? That sounds wonderful....if we get EVERYTHING RIGHT! Brilliant. Vince Lombardi type stuff, because in reality, it means that you won't make the eight....and even if we do, you won't win a final because you've conditioned them to lose in the first week of finals for the last three years, largely due to your last minute inclusions based on favouritism instead of form. You've failed.you hold the record for most games coached without winning a final. Statistically, you're worse than Danny Frawley.

Why do you need to implement another "process". It's obvious why all of the above occurred.
We played like that because we're soft as butter. You're responsible for that.
You coached like that because you never really coach and when you need to, you can't. You just sit there waiting for suggestions from your assistants who have NFI either. You're last masterstrioke was when you threw your boy chaplin Into the fwd line. Lol. You're such a wanker with your moneyball mentality.
Try coaching with your heart....if you can find it.

STFU!

But he still brings it up.

“He’s incredibly underrated by those in AFL circles. I think he’s played four games for us so we haven’t had the consistency of his performance, which is
probably the reason our backline hasn’t quite functioned the way we’d like it to.”

The backline hasn't functioned the way you'd "like it to" because you're a deluded fool.
Astbury, Chaplin, B.Ellis, Houli ?
What do you think you have there?

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 07:40:10 PM »
Σταθερότητα στη μετριότητα .
Statherótita sti metriótita .
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 08:27:27 PM »
I can't believe the media love for this bloke. He's a failure, simple as that.

I admit I was fooled too by this charlatan, that was until the infamous EF loss to the cheating scum and ever since he's lost me, as well as most of the players. That single loss was the worst loss in the last 35 years and completely unacceptable IMO.
Unless this didn't convince everyone that this current regime is going to get us real success than maybe the loss to Melbourne on the Tommy Hafey tribute match, I would've thought, may have convinced even Bojo, if not the most ardent supporter of Hardwicks.

But the media just love this fellow for all his bedroom capers.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 08:49:46 PM »
He can believe all he likes. The fact is he the coach and his coaching group do not have a functional game plan that can win games of AFL football let alone VFL games.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:36:17 PM by crackertiger »