Author Topic: Carlton vs Richmond  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Carlton vs Richmond
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:17:37 PM »
Have they gone past us in their 1st year of rebuilding ? Is their list better than ours ? Are their coaches and list managers better than ours ? They've managed to offload Hampson grigg and yarren just to us let alone other clubs. Would we even beat Brisbane ? We have a great core group of players - Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Rance, Jack, then Edwards, miles, grimes, vlastuin. Some promising youth, Rioli, Lennon, c Ellis, menadue. What's wrong with the club? Does it come down to culture ? Not enough players want to get their hands dirty. These are questions I've been asking the last few years. Time for a turnover of the coaching and list management positions.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Carlton vs Richmond
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 04:23:15 PM »
Carlton are ahead

Simply cause Bolton has some idea. Doesn't favor his spud mates
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »
I believe Dimma has run his race .

Even when we win , we play an unwatchable, unexciting,  boring brand of football. We have won our last four games against the Blues - All of them not worthy of a second viewing.

If he was "replaced" with the right man....there is no doubt we could see a Carlton-esque resurgence.
I think it would reinvigorate our star players and is just what they need. We are just stagnating at the moment.
What an awesome victory Carlton had against Geelong recently where they lost two key players early in the match . So unrichmond like. We would turn to water.

How good would it be to have a coach like Beveridge who's not afraid to dump high profile players back to the VFL until their form demands selection.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 07:23:47 PM »
They had a coach that was losing games, they kicked him to the curb and grabbed another,they now have what looks to be a good coach in the making.
Why do we have to give coaches 7 years to win a final?

Surely that is a well below standard for an AFL coach.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »
Because stability....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 09:19:55 PM »
Have they gone past us in their 1st year of rebuilding ? Is their list better than ours ? Are their coaches and list managers better than ours ? They've managed to offload Hampson grigg and yarren just to us let alone other clubs. Would we even beat Brisbane ? We have a great core group of players - Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Rance, Jack, then Edwards, miles, grimes, vlastuin. Some promising youth, Rioli, Lennon, c Ellis, menadue. What's wrong with the club? Does it come down to culture ? Not enough players want to get their hands dirty. These are questions I've been asking the last few years. Time for a turnover of the coaching and list management positions.
Tigeritis™

The whole club is infected and has been for a long long time. The poo is ingrained in its walls and all the wallpapering or painting will never fully rid the stench of mediocrity that pervades the halls of punt road. Eventually the smell of poo returns with a vegence like we are seeing now.

We need a coach with high grade medical disinfectant. One that's not scared to clean the joint from top to bottom and won't stop until the disease is finally gone.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 11:35:31 PM »
Carlton are not as young a list as ppl think & it will still be a fair turnover of players at season's end, possibly the next 2 seasons

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 12:54:50 AM »
No we are a better side than Carlton. Our club is simply riddled with injury. Confidence is down & some players need to be dropped while others need to be played & given time to adjust to AFL level. Not this come into the side & spend long periods on the bench. They need quality game time to find themselves, Confidence & adjust to higher level. Geez some of them would most likely breakout at the faster pace. Lennon would be in my side everyday as would Short. Astbury would be traded. His a average VFL player. 

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 11:01:13 AM »
Carlton are not as young a list as ppl think & it will still be a fair turnover of players at season's end, possibly the next 2 seasons

Correct

But yet have more decent mature players than us IMHO

Richmond list drops away fast after rance and the other big four
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:24:51 PM »
 :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »
3 months into a 3 year contract
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”