Author Topic: Trade Cotchin  (Read 2149 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Trade Cotchin
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:49:29 AM »
if the club truly wanted a move to deliver a number of picks in top 30 of this draft, then he is the one I would trade.
Despite being one of my favourite players, I think we can cover him the best with Vlas, Conca (yes Conca) & potentially Lambert filling the breach.
He would command 2 x 1st round draft picks and if we were to make Hurley an offer he can't refuse then it would release salary cap space.
IAll other trade options are either unrealistic (despite his class, Lids age and chronic Achilles would be unlikely to get a 1st rounder) or we need the player - Martin, Jack, Rance are untouchable.
All the others raised on the forum - Vickery, Griffiths, Conca, Edwards, etc etc aren't going to deliver great trades on the back of a crap year.
Vickery and Griffith in particular are no better than our long line of poor key position talent - limited players who weren't developed and have learnt habits which limit their application.
Those players might deliver a series of low level draft picks which might bundle up a decent pick for GWS or GC to use as points for academy picks but if we are serious about getting 5 or 6 picks in the top 30 then we need to trade Cotchin.
I love the guy but reckon both club and player might be better off parting company.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Trade Cotchin
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
Cotchin is a brownlow medallist with the worst coach in the AFL.

Trade the coach.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
Cotchin is a brownlow medallist with the worst coach in the AFL.

Trade the coach.
:thumbsup

If we trade Cotchin Id walk away from the club.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:36:52 AM »
with the greatest respect Y&B i stopped reading this dribble after i read Conca's name.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 11:59:38 AM »
as that reads, the OP would accept picks 17 and 18, (probably higher) for a bloke who has arguably won a brownlow.

picks that historically are borderline in the range that has a 50% chance of getting a 100 game player (43% for the club drafting them)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 12:03:24 PM »
as that reads, the OP would accept picks 17 and 18, (probably higher) for a bloke who has arguably won a brownlow.

picks that historically are borderline in the range that has a 50% chance of getting a 100 game player (43% for the club drafting them)

Where did I say picks 17&18?
If Cotchin was playing at the level he won the Brownlow, you might have a point.
Adelaide seem to be doing well without Dangerfield, they have a better list but the principle still holds if the club decided to go hard at this years draft.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 12:09:56 PM »
i stopped reading this dribble after i read Conca's name.

Yep  - laughable....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 12:26:07 PM »
Ridiculous post WAT, I have no issue with the post being challenged but guess what? Its another view. I'd say the range is 1-2 through 17-18 and everything in between which might include players and draft pick combos.
I remember when West Coast traded Judd - there was a hue and cry but look at them now.
Interstate clubs - through their hand being forced - are a great example of making opportunity from seeming disaster.
It's that simple Spud

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 12:29:17 PM »

If Cotchin was playing at the level he won the Brownlow, you might have a point.
Adelaide seem to be doing well without Dangerfield, they have a better list but the principle still holds if the club decided to go hard at this years draft.

Oh yes, ridiculous....not twisting words at all.. :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »

Oh yes, ridiculous....not twisting words at all.. :whistle

How is that twisting words? It's just a question - not that big a deal unless you are a precious child mate
It's that simple Spud

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 01:00:21 PM »

Who's arguing apart from jobe
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 01:03:51 PM »

Don't bother, apparently there are only few here that are the experts, the rest of us don't know poo and we shouldn't have an opinion or post. Just let them twist your words to suit theirs!!

If i may clarify, as peviously stated there are a good half a dozen of experts including myself.

Then theres posters who get it right most of the time.

Then theres those in denial of reality, post illogical rubbish or have their finger so far from the pulse its not funny
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
FMD at half the comments and especially that last one :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 04:29:13 PM »
Conca = Tee-hee.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 07:42:44 PM »

You said top 20 picks. does that not include 17 and 18?
I never said that is specifically what you meant, just that the way your post read it could mean those picks.

As for WATs stupidity, it clearly knows no bounds and doesnt warrant a reply
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:10:25 PM by Penelope »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI