Author Topic: Jack Dyer Medal 2016 / Who's leading your club's B&F race? [merged]  (Read 1305 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mid-year best and fairest: Who's leading your club's race?

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
16 June 2016

RICHMOND

DUSTIN MARTIN
Dustin Martin is well placed to improve on his second place finish in last year's Jack Dyer Medal after playing every game in the first half of the season and hitting career-best form as a full-time midfielder. No.1 at Richmond for overall disposals (335) and contested possessions (144), he has a two-game edge on last year's winner, Alex Rance. He's been among his team's best three players eight times this season and has finished top three in the Tigers' best and fairest four times. He goes into the bye in blistering form after a career best 38 possessions in round 12. 

Anyone else?
Rance would still be polling exceptionally in the 10 games he's played. Trent Cotchin has been recognised internally for his resilience, while Shaun Grigg has been among the most consistent and committed Tigers. Jack Riewoldt has battled in attack all year. 

How they vote
All players receive a 0-5 rating based on their performance, with the match committee assessing each player’s offensive, defensive, and contest impacts on the game. The 0-5 rating is given as a joint match committee decision.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-15/midyear-best-and-fairest
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:18:16 PM by one-eyed »

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: B&F - Who's leading your club's race? .... (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:45:47 PM »
Mid-year best and fairest: Who's leading your club's race?

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
16 June 2016

RICHMOND

How they've voted
All players received  a 0 out of rating based on their performance, with the match committee assessing each player’s offensive, defensive, and contest impacts on the game. The 0 out of 5 rating is given as a joke match committee decision.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-15/midyear-best-and-fairest

Actually read the above as this - I've gotta follow another sport!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Dyer Medal 2016 / Who's leading your club's B&F race? [merged]
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:18:45 PM »
Who is leading the best-and-fairest count at your club?

Herald Sun
June 28, 2016

THERE is still plenty to play for in 2016.

Here are the mid-season stabs from the national News Corp team on the men to beat at your club.

RICHMOND

Dustin Martin has finished top-three in four of the past five years and this could be the year he actually takes home a Jack Dyer Medal. Dusty has turned

into a pure midfielder and is ripping games apart but his backers might be slightly concerned that coach Damien Hardwick only rated his 35-disposal game

against the Lions as fair, admitting he sets the bar high. Martin will have to beat three-time winner Trent Cotchin, who is having arguably his best season

since 2012. It’s a gap back to third but Shaun Grigg is having a career year and Dimma is definitely a fan.

Top 3 SuperCoach: Dustin Martin 111, Trent Cotchin 110, Shaun Grigg 102

Voting system: New format — every player receives a rating of 0-5 for every game from the match committee voting as a unit.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/who-is-leading-the-bestandfairest-count-at-your-club/news-story/071360b3fa18a4f0dada9d2c7ed4502e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Dyer Medal 2016 / Who's leading your club's B&F race? [merged]
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »
JDM tickets now on sale:

Non Members   $275.00   
Members           $260.00

http://rfc.austfoot.com.au/Meetings/Meeting?ID=896