Author Topic: Dimma's post-match media conference / "We're not good enough to play finals"  (Read 2488 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick's full media conference:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-07-02/round-15-hardwick-postmatch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'We're not good enough to play' finals: Hardwick

AFL.com.au
2 July 2016

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick concedes his side won’t play finals football in 2016 - and says it doesn’t deserve to either after a disappointing loss to Port Adelaide on Friday night.

The Tigers desperately needed to beat the Power to remain even remotely in touch with the top eight but were found wanting at Adelaide Oval, going down by 38-points.

The loss pushes the Tigers to 12th on the ladder, three wins from the eighth-placed Western Bulldogs and Hardwick said that was too far back to sneak into September.

“Finals, for mine, we’re not good enough to play,” Hardwick said.

“We haven’t played well enough, we haven’t had enough players stand up so it’s been disappointing.”

With the club no longer looking at finals football as a realistic expectation, Hardwick said part of the club’s focus would intensify on “finding” players to again turn it into a finals threat.

Hardwick wouldn’t reveal exactly what he believed was lacking at the club but insisted there were young players coming through who would be given senior opportunities provided they earn them.

“We’ve blooded a lot of young players this year, we’ll continue to do so but we’ve also got to make sure they’re ready to play AFL footy,” he said.

“We’re finding out about a few players at the moment, we’re trying guys in different positions…but we do look forward to some guys getting an opportunity.

“We’ll continue to try and win as many games as we can whilst trying to develop a playing list that can take us forward.

“As we saw tonight, we’re off the pace - that’s the reality of it. So we need to find players who can continue to take us forward and get us back to where we need to be.”

The Tigers were out-tackled emphatically on Friday night, losing the count 106 to 63. They also lost clearances 52-33.

Skipper Trent Cotchin was shut out of the game completely by the Power’s Kane Mitchell, and while the coach wrote Cotchin’s performance off as a bad day, he insisted his teammates had to pick up the slack.

But he scoffed at any suggestion there was any issue with effort - or lack thereof - at Tigerland.

“[Cotchin] was beaten tonight, he’d been in reasonable form over the past six or eight weeks so he’s probably entitled to have a down day every now and then,” he said.

“Most good players will play consistently well over the course of a year, he has done that. What we expect though is other players to stand up and we failed in that area tonight.

“Players don’t go out there and give no effort, we just got outplayed by a better side.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-02/were-not-good-enough-to-play-finals-hardwick

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
How can he scoff at the suggestion of lack of effort when some players don't run to contests, some don't chase, most don't tackle, some don't help the defence, some don't run to space or create an option, some don't run or carry or take the game on, all don't shepherd & some just blantanlty give up?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
How can he scoff at the suggestion of lack of effort when some players don't run to contests, some don't chase, most don't tackle, some don't help the defence, some don't run to space or create an option, some don't run or carry or take the game on, all don't shepherd & some just blantanlty give up?
Kane Cornes (during the 2nd qtr): "It looks like Richmond have given up tonight, which is probably an indictment on their footy club"

https://twitter.com/1395FIVEaa

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
What a big load of poo  :lol

VFL will get whacked and there will be 1-2 changes tops next week. Moore and Townsend in.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Because hes not accountable and doesnt expect effort from the players
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I Expect to see the much vaunted McBean play a few games, 6 at least, and I want to see chol or soldo get 4 or 5 games. Probably chol and dump soldo at year end. Maric is cooked and ham spud is still hamspud.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame

Because hes not accountable and doesnt expect effort from the players
100% correct.
Effort comes back to his coaching and it surely cannot be that!!
Blind Freddy can see that effort is below AFL standard... VFL standard.

I know it won't happen but he needs to go.
The list is putrid but so is his coaching.
How does a side boasting Jack, score in the 50's on 4 occasions this year. 8 goals in an entire game!! It's because of our strategy going into our forward line is ridiculas! Even more so when conditions are wet or windy. Get a f$&King clue Hardwick!!
He is worse than Frawley and Wallace.

A decent coach could have this exact side playing better footy in a couple of week IMO.

Dimma is out of his depth and out of ideas.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
What a big load of poo  :lol

VFL will get whacked and there will be 1-2 changes tops next week. Moore and Townsend in.

I'd say we will now see changes. It's taken a little while but now that slow poke Hardwick has finally conceded the finals are out of the equation he has the freedom to make selection changes necessary to consider 2017 and beyond.
Exhibit A will be Tybone H Shickery for Le Bean.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Kane Cornes (during the 2nd qtr): "It looks like Richmond have given up tonight, which is probably an indictment on their footy club"

https://twitter.com/1395FIVEaa
Embarrassing but true. :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Thank god Dimma has finally admitted we are crap . Has been playing us for fools for far too long.

We have been beaten twice (6 goals ) by the 9th best team in the competition. That is where we currently sit.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish

Cause he's delusional
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
I've just flat out had enough of Dimmer's poo.

Bloody ridiculous decision to re-sign him.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Article says We were out tackled. ...like its some sort strange occurrence for the Tigers

Dont know how to enlighten the media but we've been getting out tackled for years now

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
also outnumbered at the contest, which is probably the the precursor to being out tackled
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Just a lack of effort
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain