Author Topic: Who do we chase?  (Read 3750 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Who do we chase?
« on: July 03, 2016, 10:49:08 AM »
I'll go Hurley Prestia and Tomlinson, enough with the Micky mouse tigers this one eyed is real jack of what we've become.
New coach and recruiter(s) and a ruckman, but we blew that last year. What's around now?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Who do we chase?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 10:51:07 AM »
To me it's seem obvious must #1 get Hurley before worrying about player two
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 12:06:05 PM »
I've always said Hurley must be the main target. Everyone else is a distant second.

Hurley and Rance would be awesome. The other thing about Hurley is that he is a fantastic kick and can hit targets 50m+ downfield turning defence into attack.

Yeah, Prestia would be a good addition too but we would need to give up a top 10 draft pick which will bite us down the track. I'd swap B Ellis for GWS's Tomlinson or even Jack Steele, both of whom are much tougher.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 12:34:34 PM »
Turn Bellis into a tagger. Great engine to run with, doesn't have to worry about be the one getting ball just needs to be on the gun mids backside and if they move them forward can go with them and I would back him in a one on one marking contest.
We need a proper tagger.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
I've always said Hurley must be the main target. Everyone else is a distant second.

Hurley and Rance would be awesome. The other thing about Hurley is that he is a fantastic kick and can hit targets 50m+ downfield turning defence into attack.

Yeah, Prestia would be a good addition too but we would need to give up a top 10 draft pick which will bite us down the track. I'd swap B Ellis for GWS's Tomlinson or even Jack Steele, both of whom are much tougher.

I like the idea of Tomlinson for Ellis, however if we got Hurley ( v. unlikely as I see it) would we also trade in Tomlinson?

Prestia for top ten pick is questionable. Either way I'm unhappy - which means it must be a fair trade.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 01:48:49 PM »
The goal surely this trade time has to be to free up the wasted cap space and use it on bringing quality players in even if it means paying overs.
Hurley has to be the number 1 target, I'd then be looking at trading for a mid if we still have our 1st in play.

I'd have O'meara at the top of that list ahead of likes of Crouch, Prestia, Mitchell

Tall's worth talking to - Jenkins,Wood,Patton & Tomlinson.

The other big focus for us is to target some picks to trade in and  this is where the problem lies.

For to long has this club held on to middle of the road types that outsiders see as pretty decent footballers.
Move 'em on if the right pick is up for grabs and free up that coin to throw at a quality player.

Delist Chaplin  to start with   :chuck

Vickery,Griffiths,McBean,Astbury,B.Ellis,Conca,Batchelor, Edwards & Lennon can all get put on the table at trade time.

If Dan & Blair can't bring in at least 3 picks between 15- 30 at a bare minimum them stuff them off too!
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 02:07:36 PM »
Our accountant.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 09:28:09 PM »
I think a few posters need to go out and chase a car or two

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 09:43:45 PM »
What do you think the club should do Chucky?

It would be good to get an opinion from you (without the satire of course  ;)).

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 09:45:58 PM »

Well that bit in brackets stuffed me right up, I've got nothing

One thing I do know though is that regardless how much the Whiney old moles bitch and moan is that the RFC will go on

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »

Well that bit in brackets stuffed me right up, I've got nothing

One thing I do know though is that regardless how much the Whiney old moles bitch and moan is that the RFC will go on
True, but having "the RFC going on" near the bottom of the ladder, is something some of us want to not see too much more of before we leave this earth!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »
I'd actaully like them to see if they can get Longer fro mthe Saints to fill the issues we have with our ruck stocks. He's still young but been in the system a few years now, so can step right in (why they didnt try 2 years ago beggars belief). Dropped down the pecking order so would be looking for opportunities elsewhere

Ellis B for Longer would solve 2 problems  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 03:25:15 AM »
My shopping list from a few weeks ago:

From GWS:
- Tomlinson
- Steel

From GCS:
- Prestia
- Nicholls
- Day

Tomlinson not getting a game. Steel apparently we're very keen on.

Prestia clearly wants out. Nicholls and Day unsigned and solid pickups for ruck and KPD/swingman.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 08:50:26 AM »
Parked ones
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »
I'd actaully like them to see if they can get Longer fro mthe Saints to fill the issues we have with our ruck stocks. He's still young but been in the system a few years now, so can step right in (why they didnt try 2 years ago beggars belief). Dropped down the pecking order so would be looking for opportunities elsewhere

Ellis B for Longer would solve 2 problems  ;D

Yep, we should definitely look at Longer. Any idea what his contact situation is?