Author Topic: Should we trade Cotchin?  (Read 7155 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Should we trade Cotchin?
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
I'm going to trade my membership for a VIP membership for the blue oyster bar.

I'm sure I will get pretty much what what i get from my Richmond Membership, just a bit more commitment and hardness.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 08:06:41 PM »
Anyone who wants to retain Cotchin is doing so primarily for the fear of the unknown and making tough decisions with unknown consequences

Wake up and get out of you comfort zones - it doesnt get much worse than where we are at. And losing him wont make much difference.
Well I definitely don't want to trade him for picks that FJ and co will stuff up again!!!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 08:28:55 PM »
Suns have 6 of the top 28 picks and GWS have 5 of 34 in this years draft (based on current ladder positions).
The Suns in particular would be a great option because they need leadership and class through the mid field and have picks to trade.
Based on current ladder positions, they currently have 4,9,22,23,27 & 28 in the draft.
We might jag pick 4 and Prestia or 9,22 and Prestia.
That would leave us with 4 & 7 (based on us finishing where we are) and Prestia.
Y&BB, we could most definitely do a decent trade - if Cotchin agreed and then it's up to our vaunted reinvigorated recruiting division!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
Anyone who wants to retain Cotchin is doing so primarily for the fear of the unknown and making tough decisions with unknown consequences

Wake up and get out of you comfort zones - it doesnt get much worse than where we are at. And losing him wont make much difference.
Well I definitely don't want to trade him for picks that FJ and co will stuff up again!!!!!

Oh cmon, live a little
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 09:01:34 PM »

The book of dooks

Verse 7-13
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 09:35:03 PM »

The book of dooks

Verse 7-13

Hmm i always thought when i spoke it was the word of god.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 09:41:38 PM »
Getting yourself mixed up with claw , me thinks
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2016, 10:04:02 PM »
I'm going to trade my membership for a VIP membership for the blue oyster bar.

I'm sure I will get pretty much what what i get from my Richmond Membership, just a bit more commitment and hardness.
:clapping :rollin :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:29 PM »
Suns have 6 of the top 28 picks and GWS have 5 of 34 in this years draft (based on current ladder positions).
The Suns in particular would be a great option because they need leadership and class through the mid field and have picks to trade.
Based on current ladder positions, they currently have 4,9,22,23,27 & 28 in the draft.
That would leave us with 4 & 7 (based on us finishing where we are) and Prestia.
Y&BB, we could most definitely do a decent trade - if Cotchin agreed and then it's up to our vaunted reinvigorated recruiting division!

Is this from trading their kids for future picks?

If they were prepared to give up pick 4 + Prestia for Cotchin that would be a massive win for us.

Would also be trying to get Day and Nicholls. Happily trade Cotchin for all three, or throw in Deledio to get more picks/players our way.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2016, 07:51:44 AM »
They traded future picks from us, port, Melbourne & freo in 2015.  Given where those teams are finishing on the ladder this year, it's turning out nicely for them and puts them in the drivers seat to pick up a couple of quality, experienced midfielders which is why I think they might really go hard for someone like a Cotchin.
They would also have salary cap space coming with Ablett in the final year of his contract.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2016, 07:52:55 AM »

If they were prepared to give up pick 4 + Prestia for Cotchin that would be a massive win for us.

Would also be trying to get Day and Nicholls. Happily trade Cotchin for all three, or throw in Deledio to get more picks/players our way.

Day is a slightly improved Vickery. I'd go after 2 metre Peter.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2016, 11:07:36 AM »
They won't give peter away sadly
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »
They won't give peter away sadly

If it was linked to Cotchin?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »
Well that would hardly be giving him away.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2016, 04:19:47 PM »

Day is a slightly improved Vickery. I'd go after 2 metre Peter.

I would want him as a KPD. See him as a better option than Chaplin, Astbury etc.

Peter would be a great pickup but I don't see how they'd let him go...