Author Topic: Deledio calf injury?  (Read 5638 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond won't write off AFL star Brett Deledio for the season (Age)
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 02:52:44 AM »
Richmond won't write off AFL star Brett Deledio for the season

Tess Ikonomou
The Age
18 July 2016

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin is confident Brett Deledio's calf injury will not spell the end of his season but scans will determine the influential Tiger's immediate playing future.

Deledio was taken off the field at half-time of Saturday's match against Essendon at the MCG and spend the second half with his calf wrapped in ice.

"We're hoping we got it before anything serious came of it. People are talking whether it puts the cue in the rack for the rest of the season. I think that's a load of jargon," Cotchin told Channel Seven's Game Day program.

"If he's fit to play in the next couple of weeks we'd love to see him back out there. I don't know the severity of the injury though," he said.

Deledio, who missed the early part of the season with a soft tissue problem, described his latest injury  as "gradual" rather than a "sharp grab".

"[It] just gradually got a little worse and then I wasn't able to get it going at half-time … I won't know until we [do] a scan and see what we can do later in the week," Deledio said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-wont-write-off-afl-star-brett-deledio-for-the-season-20160717-gq7n6d.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Deledio calf injury?
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 02:57:43 AM »
Lids was interviewed outside of Punt Rd today by both Ch 7 & 9. He said unlike round 1 when he tried to play the following game and missed 4 weeks, he hopes they have got to it early and he won't miss too many games.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Richmond won't write off AFL star Brett Deledio for the season (Age)
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
Richmond won't write off AFL star Brett Deledio for the season

Tess Ikonomou
The Age
18 July 2016

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin is confident Brett Deledio's calf injury will not spell the end of his season but scans will determine the influential Tiger's immediate playing future.

Deledio was taken off the field at half-time of Saturday's match against Essendon at the MCG and spend the second half with his calf wrapped in ice.

"We're hoping we got it before anything serious came of it. People are talking whether it puts the cue in the rack for the rest of the season. I think that's a load of jargon," Cotchin told Channel Seven's Game Day program.

"If he's fit to play in the next couple of weeks we'd love to see him back out there. I don't know the severity of the injury though," he said.

Deledio, who missed the early part of the season with a soft tissue problem, described his latest injury  as "gradual" rather than a "sharp grab".

"[It] just gradually got a little worse and then I wasn't able to get it going at half-time … I won't know until we [do] a scan and see what we can do later in the week," Deledio said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-wont-write-off-afl-star-brett-deledio-for-the-season-20160717-gq7n6d.html

He's confident it will be ok but he's hoping they "got it before anything serious happened"

LMAO.

A rudderless boat and a crew of morons.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio - scans of calf clear of any serious damage (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 06:34:44 PM »
The Tigers received good news from scans on star Brett Deledio’s calf, which cleared him of any serious damage.

Deledio sat out the second of the win over Essendon with calf tightness.

He will be monitored throughout the week but remains a chance to line-up for Richmond against Hawthorn on Sunday at the MCG.

Source: Herald-Sun website

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »
so in richmond code that means out for a month

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »

Yeah a month at the start of next season though

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 09:57:41 PM »

Yeah a month at the start of next season though
With the obligatory extra 4 weeks added as we go along, usually written as TBC. :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 11:53:01 AM »
kicking childrens footballs for much of his recovery.

stuff me  :lol
what is the issue here?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »

what is the issue here?

Purely a personal observation, just cringe worthy speak. Hes not the first nor the last player to get a quad injury but its the first time i ever heard an afl club talk about the player kicking a kids football and they did it ad nauseum. Just say hes doing rehab and leave it at that. Might seem petty, but it just doesnt sound right.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:36 PM »
I know that the NT thunder use them, but they call them skills balls.

Not much room for error kicking such a small ball, and they are a good tool for improving skills of those new to the game.

It was strange that he could run and couldnt kick a full size ball, yet kick a small ball. Thats probably why it was mentioned
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 08:44:15 PM »

what is the issue here?

Purely a personal observation, just cringe worthy speak. Hes not the first nor the last player to get a quad injury but its the first tijme i ever heard an afl club talk about the player kicking a kids football and they did it ad nauseum. Just say hes doing rehab and leave it at that. Might seem petty, but it just doesnt sound right.

Griggs A moron
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 04:06:24 AM »
Star Tiger Brett Deledio will need to prove his fitness if he is a chance of featuring in this Sunday’s match against the Hawks at the MCG.

Deledio had a strong opening-half against Essendon last Saturday but complained of calf soreness at the main break and took no further part in the game.

Burge said Deledio had scans on his soleus muscle on Monday, which did not reveal any significant damage.

“Really it’s just seeing what happens in the next couple of days,” Burge said of Deledio’s availability.

“With soleus muscle injuries, or soreness more so, they can actually come good quite quickly.

“It’s an individual thing so we’ll just have to wait and see later in the week.”

Burge said there was no exact incident that caused the injury, rather Deledio noticed the soreness in his right calf at the main break.

“He came (into the change rooms) at half time and he was feeling really good,” he said.

“We generally do a little bit of a warm-up during the half time break and he just noticed towards the end of that he was just getting a little bit tight.

“We went out (for the) third quarter and did a little bit more (warm-up) before the start of the quarter and he noticed he was getting sore, so we made a call right there and then that he should not take further part in the game.”

Source: RFC website