Author Topic: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett  (Read 25576 times)

Jackstar 1960

Re: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
I think I can add some clarity to all this cloak and dagger stuff.

I was at a certain pub the other night with a fair few mates, I can't remember if there were thirty but we were under the influence.  We were also talking about footy quite a lot, well until these really hot pair of girls walked in anyway.

There were also some non tiger supporters in the group as well but they still were vocal on the subject of the Tigers.

Will keep you all updated on developments if they aren't too top secret

Tipping wrong pub chucky
You weren't at the Malvern Hotel 😉

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 11:34:45 AM »
Feel we've been here before  ;D

the more things change the more they stay the same

30 "influential" people... wonder what makes them supposedly "influential" . :huh :huh :huh ..their collective bank balances? Any members who hold a 11 game membership get invited? Are they not influential too???

Plenty of 17 game adult members there
And 3121 club

I dont know of any IS members who got the call...

And there is where i get ticled off... why was it so selective... shouldn't be like that

Jacks club members $ arent anymore important than Your dollars or mone or the person who ricks  each week and sits up on level 4 because thats all they can afford

The revolution will not be televised.  ;)
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

30 "influential" people... wonder what makes them supposedly "influential" . :huh :huh :huh ..their collective bank balances? Any members who hold a 11 game membership get invited? Are they not influential too???

And 3121 club
LMAO

and how many of these "influential" people actually have any experience in the running of a sports organisation or at least had experience sitting on a board of directors, or even a committee?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 03:06:23 PM »
My guess is circle jerking is probably their best qualification

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

And 3121 club
LMAO

and how many of these "influential" people actually have any experience in the running of a sports organisation or at least had experience sitting on a board of directors, or even a committee?

You would/ will be very surprised

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 03:36:48 PM »

Ah no
Influential people across media to high profile successful Business people who have the clubs best interests at heart

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 03:47:30 PM »
Yeah Chuck we don't all sit in the circle jerk. Some of us can reach places that others can't  ;)

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »
Yeah Chuck we don't all sit in the circle jerk. Some of us can reach places that others can't  ;)

At least there is a group of passionate people who thinks enough is enough
Eg Signing Hardwick on 2 year contract ext
Benny Gales involvement at Board Level
Continual non achievement in the footy department as per two reviews in 2 years
Tony Free ? Where is he ?
It goes on and on unfortunately

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 04:19:05 PM »

And 3121 club
LMAO

You would/ will be very surprised
ohh, i like surprises. hope I dont have to wait till christmas for this one
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 06:53:04 PM »

Ah no
Influential people across media to high profile successful Business people who have the clubs best interests at heart

Thats a relief.......that influential media and high profile business people have something other than personal power and gain in their genuine hearts.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »

At least there is a group of passionate people who thinks enough is enough
Eg Signing Hardwick on 2 year contract ext
Continual non achievement in the footy department as per two reviews in 2 years
Tony Free ? Where is he ?
It goes on and on unfortunately

That's right.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »

outside of you who I know voted against the constitution changes that allowed Benny to be on the board

I doubt there was 1 person at this get together who also voted against it. These influential smart business people either voted yes or didn't bother to vote at all

they can't complain about it when they did nothing to try and stop it...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 07:20:54 PM »

outside of you who I know voted against the constitution changes that allowed Benny to be on the board

I doubt there was 1 person at this get together who also voted against it. These influential smart business people either voted yes or didn't bother to vote at all

they can't complain about it when they did nothing to try and stop it...

Will say this
The night we voted against it I felt intimidated
By memory 7 hands went up
And you are correct , the 7 hands that went up, only one was present last week

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Tigers board facing coup: Caro (Age)
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 07:47:27 PM »
Tigers board facing coup

Caroline Wilson
The Age
3 August 2016

A prominent group of disgruntled Richmond supporters are planning a bloodless coup, targeting at least five long-serving Tiger board members, including president Peggy O'Neal, in their bid to reshape the club's board and future football direction.

The group, which has not ruled out calling for a spill of the entire board, met last Wednesday night at the Malvern Hotel, with a core group meeting again on Monday in a city office with a view to pushing for a meeting with the club.

Members of long-standing Richmond families, including the Mandies, the Silks, the Ralphs and the Clemengers, attended the Malvern Hotel dinner along with former club orthopedic surgeon Hayden Morris, doctor David Marsh, private investor Peter Capp, IT executive Leon Davies, senior legal partner Guy O'Connor and businessman Guy Nelson.

Joe Russo, who unsuccessfully challenged for the Richmond board last year, addressed the dinner, along with his fellow candidate Jason Dowd and senior client adviser Damien Silk who attended the meeting with his brother Luke.

While not all those at the dinner will push forward with the stated attempt to force the removal of more than half the board, Fairfax Media understands they were largely united in their disaffection with the stale nature of the Richmond board, four of whom have been at the helm of the club for more than a decade. A key question mark hung over the due diligence involved in the decision to reappoint coach Damien Hardwick until the end of 2018.

One strong view was that director Malcolm Speed, who had been mooted as a likely successor to Gary March but failed to garnish the numbers, could be an alternative president.

While not all were comfortable with the prospect of ousting the AFL's only female president, they remained determined to target all those appointees who came on board before 2007: vice-president Maurice O'Shannassy (like O'Neal a 2004 appointee), John Matthies (2004) and Rob Dalton (2004). The group is also targeting former Richmond captain and club director Tony Free (2008).

Stephen Mandie, the son of the late Richmond patron and life member David Mandie, urged the group to avoid at all costs calling for an extrordinary general meeting. Mandie, whose sister Evelyn Danos is Richmond's No.1 female ticketholder, has offered to act as a middle man between the group and the board and CEO Brendon Gale.

Mandie was part of the Monday meeting along with Peter Capp and Leon Davies. The group has engaged legal firm Maddocks to investigate details of the Richmond Football Club constitution. While most remain hopeful they can peacefully bring about change they remain confident they have the numbers required to force an EGM.

Davies recently told  Fairfax Media he did not want a seat on the board. Stressing the push was not a personal attack on the board, insisting there were "very good people" in power, he expressed concern about a lack of diversity. Davies noted the board included five lawyers and two accountants, while also stressing that four directors had sat for for more than a decade.

Russo, who has not yet indicated whether he will challenge for a board position, is engaging with key Richmond stakeholders and has told the group he has met club legend Kevin Bartlett over the past week.

Key members of the group would not confirm which candidates among them they planned to put forward as alternative board members. Last week's dinner saw at least three former Richmond players mentioned as potential candidates for the role of football director. Orthopedic surgeon Morris, a key potential candidate, has indicated he would only stand for the board if asked and would not challenge.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-board-facing-bloodless-coup-by-prominent-tigers-backers-20160802-gqjixd.html

Pretty accurate summation of the meeting... :shh
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:42:37 PM by one-eyed »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.