Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 273679 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1185 on: October 02, 2019, 10:07:50 AM »
"It's nearly the best accolade in footy, winning a best and fairest in a premiership year. And Prestia had a big finals series as well"

- Matthew Lloyd re: Dion Prestia's best and fairest win for the Tigers

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1186 on: October 02, 2019, 10:23:43 AM »
Richmond trading pick No.6 for Dion Prestia would be a mistake, says Kane Cornes - Herald Sun, September 1, 2016

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-trading-pick-no6-for-dion-prestia-would-be-a-mistake-says-kane-cornes/news-story/5cdb40ec176ddae425a6e89c3f9931a0

;D

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1187 on: October 02, 2019, 10:38:03 AM »
"they're not in the premiership window"

3 years and 2 premierships later....

Just to reiterate. With Pick 6 (and a second rounder) we were able to bring in Prestia, Caddy & Jack Graham.

Anyway...

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1188 on: October 02, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »
Congratulations to him. Well deserved.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1189 on: October 02, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »
Great bump!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1190 on: October 02, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »
Just to reiterate. With Pick 6 (and a second rounder) we were able to bring in Prestia, Caddy & Jack Graham.

Anyway...

2016:
    Pick 6 (became 7 – Scrimshaw) & 2017 second rounder (38 – Pettrucelle) for Prestia (2 flags & 2019 JDM) & 2016 pick 24.
    Pick 24 (Parfitt) then traded for Caddy (2x flags) & pick 51 (Jack Graham, 1 flag, Francis Bourke Medallist, Legend).

Good shooting. #gotiges

— Simon Wallace (@rfcswallace) October 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/rfcswallace/status/1179157470201073665

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1191 on: February 15, 2020, 05:56:46 PM »
Dion Prestia is ready to go for 2020

Chris Cavanagh
Herald Sun
15 February 2020

Prestia’s availability ... is good news for Tigers fans, given the 27-year-old has spent a fair portion of pre-season in the club’s rehabilitation group.

Prestia produced his ­remarkable 2019 season and won his first Jack Dyer Medal despite battling an achilles issue in the second half of the year.

Fighting through the injury, he managed to play all 25 games and averaged a career-high 27.4 disposals, along with 4.9 inside-50s, 6.5 score ­involvements and 4.9 tackles.

“I haven’t been with the main group for the entire pre-season because I carried achilles soreness throughout most of the back end of last year,” he said.

“We pushed my program back a bit more to give me more time off after the season finished and it’s been more of a slow build-up for me.”

Prestia has ramped up his program in the past few weeks, joining the gruelling pre-season camp on the Gold Coast.

“The humidity and the heat was absolutely terrible,” he said.

Like 14 current teammates, Prestia played in a second premiership in three years for the Tigers last year.

But he is hungry for more and has seen enough over summer to suggest the rest of the playing group is, too.

“In training, even just the last few weeks, our defence is so good and in-your-face,” Prestia said.

The term “dynasty” has been thrown around in the conversation about Richmond since Hardwick’s side crushed Greater Western Sydney by 89 points on Grand Final day.

Former Brisbane Lions coach Leigh Matthews, who led the Lions to a three-peat of flags from 2001-03, says a dynasty requires three premierships in “a relatively confined period of time”.

“You look at dynasties and think about Brisbane when Leigh (Matthews) was coaching them and Hawthorn of the early 2010s,” Prestia said.

“We’re so lucky to have been able to play in one premiership, let alone two. If we can get another one it would be absolutely amazing.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/dion-prestia-is-ready-to-go-for-2020-and-wants-to-play-in-state-of-origin-game/news-story/48cdfa592d913e2c5af520584185d003

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1192 on: March 21, 2020, 03:43:10 AM »
Has become a gun. Pick 6 for him has ended up being a bargain price.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1193 on: March 21, 2020, 08:25:21 AM »

Imagine if we kept the pick and got Scrimshaw  :chuck
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1194 on: March 21, 2020, 08:55:30 AM »
Absolutely vital

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1195 on: March 23, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »

Sure has, but it's worth remembering that he was struggling with knee issues at the time wasn't he?

Has been very well managed at RFC. At his current output, pick 6 appears to be unders. But at the time pick 6 was considered potentially overs.

Brilliant job by the club :)

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1196 on: March 23, 2020, 02:21:26 PM »
Pick 6 and an exchange of lower picks i believe

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1197 on: March 23, 2020, 02:32:09 PM »
When you add in the extra value of the picks exchanged we got Dion for pick 8.

Great trade by the recruiting dept. I must confess I was a skeptic for the first year but an am an abashed convert.

Go Dion.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1198 on: March 23, 2020, 10:49:51 PM »
Pick 6 and an exchange of lower picks i believe

6 and 24 for Prestia and a 2017 2nd rounder.

Traded 24 for Caddy
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1199 on: March 26, 2020, 01:15:48 PM »
Like most people at the time, isnt hindsight great for some here, I was of the Kornes opinion and felt we needed to continue to go hard at the draft.
Always felt Prestia was a B grade player, for me thats a good to very good player at least, Im happy to say i probably underestimated him.but the timing and circumstance was wrong for me. Another  thing we did get right was the age we got hm as a just turned 24 yr old theres also a lesson there.

Imo his best season to date and he  only played  the first 8 games was 2015 he was an absolute contested ball winner and clearance machine in those games.

If anyone puts his hand up and says 2017 was not a surprise then id say they are liars.The majority of supporters were also in the Kornes camp.

With hindsight im very glad we got him and the lesson is there for everyone if your going to use high picks in trades for players make sure they are very good proven players and are going to be around for awhile.