Author Topic: Trent Cotchin on SEN / Alex Rance & Anthony Miles on 3AW  (Read 1736 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trent Cotchin on SEN / Alex Rance & Anthony Miles on 3AW
« on: August 06, 2016, 08:39:59 PM »
Cotchin on SEN:

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4904820-crunch-time-06-08-2016-trent-cotchin-plus-friday-night-review

----------------------------------------------------------

Cotchin: Dimma is the right man to take us forward

Justin Talent
SEN
06 Aug 2016, 02:22PM

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin has backed under-siege coach Damien Hardwick to be the man to right the wrongs of this season and bring the club forward.

The 26-year-old says that Hardwick is universally admired among the playing group, which was shown by the emphatic celebrations in the Richmond rooms following their gutsy win over Collingwood on Friday night.

“The reality is we do have love for him, the entire playing group trusts, respects and knows that he is right man for us to take steps forward,” Cotchin said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

Hardwick’s position has been seen to be on a lifeline this despite still being contracted until the end of 2017, with the potential board challenge the Tigers face likely to seek a replacement for Hardwick as a priority.

Cotchin considers that it is the performance of the playing group that needs to improve rather than Hardwick’s abilities as head coach.

“We just need to get better as a playing group,” he said.

“It’s been a disappointing year from a performance point of view, but it’s also been a challenge that we look back on and realise that it was a stepping stone that we went backwards to take two steps forward.

“I know our fans get frustrated with that sort of messaging, as do we as players, but the reality is sometimes that is what is required to take the next step and that’s the challenge for us.”

The triumphant celebrations centred on Hardwick had Dermott Brereton questioning whether the Tiger players were potentially too close to the coach on a personal level, however the Richmond skipper says that the relationship between playing group and coach is purely professional when it concerns football.

“Our relationship from a footballing point of view is professional,” said Cotchin.

“I think the great thing about Dimma is that he knows how to separate that relationship but also has the ability to tear strips off you or support you when it’s required and I think that’s what required of a good coach.

“It also depends on the personality of your team. There’s 44 different personalities but you need to find out what works for the majority and hopefully they’ll jump along for the ride.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/08-16/cotchin-dimma-is-the-right-man-to-take-us-forward#7obccc13L2usKMkB.97

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin on SEN / Alex Rance & Anthony Miles on 3AW (Audio)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 08:43:06 PM »
Alex Rance on 3aw --- 'I love playing for Damien'

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4902072-alex-rance-i-love-playing-for-damien

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony Miles on 3aw --- 'One win won't solve all our problems'

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4904713-anthony-miles-one-win-won-t-solve-all-our-problems

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Trent Cotchin on SEN / Alex Rance & Anthony Miles on 3AW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 05:09:59 AM »
Lets not forget. We beat a team who is 12th. When the season is shot.

Off the back of this win, Cotch says Hardwick is the right coach to take us fwd. Meaningless statement.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »
Snip! Stick to the footy topic and cut out the personal insults just because another poster to you has a different opinion  >:(.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:49:27 AM »
Rance, Tigers love playing for Dimma

SAM EDMUND
Herald Sun
7 August 2016

RICHMOND players have thrown their unanimous support behind Damien Hardwick in the wake of Friday night’s backs-to-the-wall win over Collingwood.

The embattled coach was mobbed by his players in jubilant scenes in the Tigers rooms after the pressure-releasing triumph.

Hardwick, the club’s board, playing list and recruiting and have all copped criticism in a failed campaign.

Best-afield defender Alex Rance pulled Hardwick aside after the game and said: “I just love playing for you.” Several of Rance’s teammates later echoed those sentiments.

Anthony Miles, Trent Cotchin and Brandon Ellis all declared their “love” for the Richmond coach.

“I think ‘Dimma’ has copped his fair whack. Every player loves Dimma and loves the way he coaches so there was a bit extra in tonight’s game,” Miles said after the final siren.

“Dimma has been a big advocate of what’s said inside our four walls is what we listen to. I think it was just a great reward for effort.
Alex Rance was outstanding for Richmond against Collingwood. Picture: Getty Images

“I suppose it effects players in different ways, but our leadership group led by Trent (Cotchin) and ‘Rancy’ (Alex Rance) has been fantastic in saying ‘Let’s worry about us’ and that we can’t control what’s being said.

“It doesn’t solve all our problems, but it was nice to have a win.”

Trent Cotchin said the emphatic celebrations on Friday night was proof Hardwick was universally admired within the playing group.

“The reality is we do have love for him. The entire playing group trusts, respects and knows that he is right man for us to take steps forward,” Cotchin told SEN.

Rance told 3AW: “I just said I love playing for you and that wasn’t just said on emotion. I’d say it 1000 times again.
Alex Rance and Damien Hardwick embrace after the Tigers’ win against Collingwood. Picture: Getty Images

“We’ve got a good leader in Trent and a fantastic leader in Dimma. They lead this family really, really well and we’re proud to play for them.”

Ellis said the players had rallied for Hardwick.

“We did this for Dimma. It doesn’t really phase him, he’s an awesome character ... but it was awesome to take the pressure off him,” Ellis said.

“You want to play well for him, you really respect him and you hate disappointing him. We love playing for Dimma.”

Ellis said he and his teammates were confident they had Collingwood covered.

“We knew we were a good chance. They’d only won one more game than us ... we think we’re a better side than them. It was just good to get the win shut a few people up,” he told ABC radio.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-players-have-thrown-their-unanimous-support-behind-damien-hardwick/news-story/6e4eb60f5ce72c5e9f0e1a0f0069c992

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 03:54:55 PM »
Sado-Masochistic fetishes prevalent amongst the playing group....who knew?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »
Snip! Stick to the footy topic and cut out the personal insults just because another poster to you has a different opinion  >:(.

Yeh, U stuffn stupid moles.  :snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 04:08:09 PM »
Lets not forget. We beat a team who is 12th. When the season is shot.

Off the back of this win, Cotch says Hardwick is the right coach to take us fwd. Meaningless statement.

Meaningless win really and it might cost a draft pick. While I love a win I'd rather see more kids at this stage. Keep playing McBean see if he can come good. If he doesn't we really know and we delist him if he does we have a TV replacement.  He might have showed something against the Collywobble Defense,  I sort of doubt it but 3 games is barely an audition. Play him until the end of the year IMHO.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 04:35:19 PM »
Surely they know one win isn't going to take the pressure off? What a joke.

"We love playing for him". How many of you blokes have had a coach you really liked, enjoyed playing under and have won a flag? I think I've had one. The rest were one or the other. Generally I didn't like them but they pushed us hard and got us to where we needed to go. Others were great blokes but they couldn't coach for poo and couldn't get anything out of the team.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »
Since when was liking the coach a KPI ?

Only at tigerland
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 05:10:27 PM »
Most of them have only ever just had Halfstep or Halfstep & Wallace for a coach at AFL level....not sure they're all that qualified to recognise a good AFL coach.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 06:48:37 PM »
The problem i see is that a coach has to set a fine line between being the players mate or friend whatever you want to call it and at the same time being the person who calls a spade a spade.

I have a feeling the line is blurred with Hardwick and he is almost thought of more as their mate rather than a hard task master. Think at times he is way too nice and makes decisions accordingly. Could be totally wrong but thats how I see things as an outsider.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 09:00:02 PM »
I believe they think of him as their favourite uncle

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 06:24:21 AM »

Yeh, U stuffn stupid moles.  :snidegrin
It's Molls you idjut :thumbsup
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 08:01:00 AM »
I believe they think of him as their favourite uncle

Uncle Arthur
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.