Author Topic: Shaun Grigg hopeful of remaining at Punt Rd despite no 2017 contract yet (H-Sun)  (Read 5914 times)

tony_montana

It's funny you keep Vlaustin
Trade big time
Choco Williams said on Friday, Nick can't play midfield as he has zero endurance
Very limited
Needs to be traded if that's the case
You keep Grigg , why . He can run all day .great endurance  and heads the GPS charts at punt Rd
But the supporters and OER experts want to keep Vlaustin
Funny stuff

First I heard this with Vickery, now Vlastuin - this attitude and the fact these two bluechip draftees are still considered to have zero endurance and more importantly ALLOWED to still be this way after years in the system is a massive blight on the current regime. So he doesnt have endurance? so what? stuffing build it up! throw him in for spurts and push him harder, same for Vickery

there is no excuse for allowing players to not have endurance especially when we invest 1st bloody rounders in these players. >:(

Jackstar 1960

Trade big time
Choco Williams said on Friday, Nick can't play midfield as he has zero endurance
Very limited
You keep Grigg , why . He can run all day .great endurance  and heads the GPS charts at punt Rd
Funny stuff
If it was about running, why don't we just get 22 Kenyans into the team? Their GPS numbers would head the AFL.....  :whistle

AFL have changed the rules in recent years
Yes it is about running
Haven't you watched the Bulldogs or GWS lately

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Trade big time
Very limited
Funny stuff
If it was about running, why don't we just get 22 Kenyans into the team? Their GPS numbers would head the AFL.....  :whistle

Yes it is about running

Would grigg get a game for gws ?

Doggies?

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Trade big time
Very limited
Funny stuff

Yes it is about running
Last time I looked being able play footy I.e.making the right decisions with the ball, kicking it well, handballing and marking well and playing without fear was far more important than just running. Vlastuin is an inside mid. Grigg plays more outside where running is mandatory. We need more inside mids. You can always improve endurance too.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what this fuss is all about. Reality is Grigg needs to rate as a top 10 on our list to get another year.
Right now, it's touch and go which he realises.
It breeds a competitive mindset for the overall list.
His last 2 seasons have been better than Vlas.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Trade Vlaustuin to Collingwood in exchange for de goey (sp)
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Am I getting this right?
We are comparing Grigg with Vlastuin?

Way too funny.

Get a grip Jack.

We understand you like Grigg but get serious!

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I'm not sure what this fuss is all about. Reality is Grigg needs to rate as a top 10 on our list to get another year.
Right now, it's touch and go which he realises.
It breeds a competitive mindset for the overall list.
His last 2 seasons have been better than Vlas.

I'm not saying Vlas can't play a Hodge-esque HB general role but clearly he is suited to play inside mid. He played really well against Hawthorn and Sydney and realistically should have been left in the guts when Cotchin returned from the broken cheek

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Trade big time
Very limited
Funny stuff

Choco said that?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Um ... The job of the club is to make him fit

Who drafted him?

Who teaches him running

FFs

No point being able to run like grigg and bellis if your a list blocking squib
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Trade big time
Very limited
Funny stuff

Yes it is about running

Rioli's GPS is through the roof but you wanted him dropped? Changing the rules to suit your favourites (or your trolling)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Grigg was better than Vlas on Friday night and has had a better year overall.

I don't particularly rate Grigg, but he's been serviceable.

Not so sure about Floss. I think many of you are clinging onto his promising first year and are not honest in your appraisal. I think he's been largely disappointing since then.

Lack of endurance would probably make sense as to why he's not played in the midfield. 

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Richmond are a far worse side for not having vlastuin in it.

Not so grigg.

People that appreciate vlastuin have an understaning for th finer points of the game.  :laugh:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Not so sure about Floss. I think many of you are clinging onto his promising first year and are not honest in your appraisal. I think he's been largely disappointing since then.

Lack of endurance would probably make sense as to why he's not played in the midfield.

Good summation.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

Good summation.

X2

Dont think anyone questions Vlastuins potential but call a spade a spade - is vastly over rated on performances thus far in his career by tiger fans.